Sign in to follow this  
vx4ever

FSDT KLAX is out!

Jim: just one thing: GSX will not make all jetways move at all airports. Jetways that are static will remain static. What Umberto did say was, however, that they might put in their own code to make the jetways move more realistically, instead of the default FSX code. How or when they plan to do this was not stated. Still;, even if they implement their own code, static jetways at the airports that have them will still not be moved by GSX. You will always need AES for those.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Guest firehawk44
Jim: just one thing: GSX will not make all jetways move at all airports. Jetways that are static will remain static. What Umberto did say was, however, that they might put in their own code to make the jetways move more realistically, instead of the default FSX code. How or when they plan to do this was not stated. Still;, even if they implement their own code, static jetways at the airports that have them will still not be moved by GSX. You will always need AES for those.
Yes, I fully understand. I bought some credits for AES and really don't care for the program so I uninstalled it. There will have to be a major, major upgrade to that product for me to buy more credits. That's why I'm looking forward to GSX as it will be free for FSDT airports and I know I'll have to buy it if I want many of the GSX functions to work at 3d party airports. I was just a little upset about the non-moving jetways at KSFO as it's one of my favorite airports to takeoff/land at and I really don't care for the AES service vehicles and busses as they look a bit strange at KSFO. Thanks for the info! Best regards,Jim

KLAX is awesome. Love the textures, and I get high teens to twenty FPS in the iFly 737 (not the most frame-friendly airplane in my hangar) and sliders set to lookin' good (without AI, though, which I hate anyay). I wasn't aware of the Flightbeam Studios KSFO until this thread, and I got it as well. Really nice, too, but a little harder on the frames.

I finally bought LAX last night and did a quick flight from thier KLAS to the new KLAX in the NGX and it was awesome. Got a pretty solid 25 FPS into an a cloudy and overcast sky on approach.They did a really nice job on this airport.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator