Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vx4ever

FSDT KLAX is out!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just bought it and tried it out with the MD11 and Megascenery Socal. Scenery is beautiful. Everything is crisp, clear and precise. Transparent terminal glass structures look really fantastic. Performance is also nice.cool.png

Just bought it and tried it out with the MD11 and Megascenery Socal. Scenery is beautiful. Everything is crisp, clear and precise. Transparent terminal glass structures look really fantastic. Performance is also nice.cool.png
Its very good, good performance, great night textures, its just good! laugh.png

Tried demo but but flying around in 172 to check it out the lights on the light poles keep flickering, any ideas on this guys, no answer from their forum on this ? thank you.

Tried demo but but flying around in 172 to check it out the lights on the light poles keep shutting on and off, any ideas on this guys, no answer from their forum on this ? thank you.
Doesn't do it for me, are they changing colors when they shut off?

I have never really used FSDT so I was wondering what their performance would be like compared to someone like Aerosoft or ORBX?

I have never really used FSDT so I was wondering what their performance would be like compared to someone like Aerosoft or ORBX?
Amazing!I've their JFK and it is amazing!

A lot of addons I have tried are comparable performance or better than default, so this one I am guessing would be one of those airports.

A lot of addons I have tried are comparable performance or better than default, so this one I am guessing would be one of those airports.
From reading your specs, this scenery should do well. I have great performance on my computer with their airports (KJFK-KDFW-KLAS) Downloading this scenery now :)

The scenery is amazing. Personally I can't run it better than 10 FPS with the 737NGX VC, but considering how amazing it looks, I'll overlook that. Great job FSDT.

i got most of the orbox airports and also have all the fsdt airports and have no major frame hits with either, except for ymml which is a big hit for me i get down to 10fp at ymml on the ground but with no stutters which is the main thing.

I found out at the Future of Flight at Paine Feild when I was able to get wifi. I was purchasing a model airplane which is my habit whenever I am on my way back from Seattle when I recived this longawaited news. Hmm, what airplane to use for my first flight. wink.png

I found out at the Future of Flight at Paine Feild when I was able to get wifi. I was purchasing a model airplane which is my habit whenever I am on my way back from Seattle when I recived this longawaited news. Hmm, what airplane to use for my first flight. wink.png
I do the Boeing tour and then head down to the Seattle Museum Of Flight at least once a year. Never gets old! Loading it up as we speak. Looks great. Cheers: Rick (CYPK)

i got most of the orbox airports and also have all the fsdt airports and have no major frame hits with either, except for ymml which is a big hit for me i get down to 10fp at ymml on the ground but with no stutters which is the main thing.
YMML is just the worst for FPS.

FSDT does demos for all their airports but only runs for like 5 or more minutes then all the buildings and other stuff disappear. Brought it today and it's awesome except for the other stuff which I've posted on their forums. :D

YMML is just the worst for FPS.
If you don't look at the frame counter, YMML is fine.

Ahh, ok, I have the same set up as you, well almost, including motherboard, and my 2600K is @4.5. I have a GTX580, but that's the only difference. I have it smooth in the VC. Getting around 20FPS, with 100% AI (UT2)

yes, but you notice them when you move around the VC and its all jittery.
Ahh, ok, I have the same set up as you, well almost, including motherboard, and my 2600K is @4.5. I have a GTX580, but that's the only difference. I have it smooth in the VC. Getting around 20 -23 FPS, with 100% AI (UT2). Would having an i5 make the difference ? I know the 2600K has a 8 mb cache, which fsx uses, or maybe it is just a setting.

Ahh, ok, I have the same set up as you, well almost, including motherboard, and my 2600K is @4.5. I have a GTX580, but that's the only difference. I have it smooth in the VC. Getting around 20FPS, with 100% AI (UT2) Ahh, ok, I have the same set up as you, well almost, including motherboard, and my 2600K is @4.5. I have a GTX580, but that's the only difference. I have it smooth in the VC. Getting around 20 -23 FPS, with 100% AI (UT2). Would having an i5 make the difference ? I know the 2600K has a 8 mb cache, which fsx uses, or maybe it is just a setting.
Don't think so. I expect a fair bit from the. I get about the same FPS as that but use 85% WoAI. I have AA and AF set pretty high so it could be that. What aircraft do you get those FPS in?

The NGX. I am usin 8xs 16AF. UT2 for ai. And have mipmapped all the models.. Are you using any fs9 models for your WOAI planes, that can drop your fps, maybe. Even @ YBBN, my rig is smooth, and that can be a heavy hitter, as you know.

Not impressed to be honest, the runway textures just dont do it for me at all, not upto Fly Tampas latest standards im afraid, i also get 15fps on approach to 7L with my 2500K @ 5Ghz and GTX570.

Not impressed to be honest, the runway textures just dont do it for me at all, not upto Fly Tampas latest standards im afraid, i also get 15fps on approach to 7L with my 2500K @ 5Ghz and GTX570.
I was having performance problems also. When I disabled aircraft shadows it more than doubled my frame rates.