Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

September FSX and Flight Comparison Screenshots

This should read; FPS will be low if you don't have a good PC and you are running FSX. Since FSX has some major inherent flaws that give horrible performance even without add-on scenery. Given a modern simulator that was efficient and utilized current hardware and your statement would be a false assumption. I'm not sure how well X-plane 10 runs but comparing it to the dinosaur that is FSX is a little misguided.
Very good point. FSX, in my opinion, does not have very optimal code, and that is why it has taken 5 years or so after its release for people to have the ability to run the application well. I would imagine that the FSX project team members would have wished that they had more time or resources to make it a modern sim in 2006. I know in my work in the software industry, my teams have been handed constraints that did not allow for the product that we wanted to produce, much less that would exceed the expectations of the user community.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I know in my work in the software industry, my teams have been handed constraints that did not allow for the product that we wanted to produce, much less that would exceed the expectations of the user community.
To me making games is all about this observation you’ve made. It’s not even about code and content; generally staff has the skills to implement whatever’s needed. The bottom line is consumer software is built with limited resources. The really hard part is working within those limits. Goals must be ambitious but they also must be realistic. I don’t every look at Xplane or FSX and say they were coded poorly. I only look at the scope of the work and consider the choices made there. What I see in Flight is a very focused scope – and I find that encouraging.

Nice video Pedro. OK: I know I'm perceived as a troll here, but I've probably got more background in MS Flight sim than most of the staunchest supporters here. But that's not important ... Brandon, I totally admire your screen shot skills and also how you take time out to go find them in the older sim too for a comparison theme, you deserve a medal if medals were awarded for this kind of stuff :) I still have high doubts as well as high hopes for MS Flight, but the other comparison shorts you have criticized here are actually far more valid than the ones you are doing just now! We all (deep down) hope MS Flight is not going to be the Lemon some folk think it is, but even if it is there is always X Plane 10 ... and even if both turn out to be total Lemons, then we still have the richness of FSX and its wealth of add ons for years to come ... you would not believe how much I've invested in FSX but still want to move on, even if my hardware does not support such future. I hope we can see more localised XP10 screenshots vs MS Flight ones ... Brandon I know you must be one of the biggest MS Flight Fan Guys ever, but even as other posts show here, the mighty MS have been beaten in the past with the likes of FU1/FU2/FU3 in relevant times ... and some would argue the persistent XP series too. With all due respect, maybe its time MS got a bloody nose again? each time they think they dominate they go backwards and the satellite programmers and developers get ever more hungry ... Just witness Aerosoft ( a company with a lot of clout) sitting in the wings totally frustrated with the act on stage just now ... knowing they can do better. Unfortunately ... it might just be MS Flight bombing big time that makes us think again and out of the box ... i wish them success too, but Boy after spending an hour on the open and honest Aersoft forums today, its a refreshing change from going back here to the deep mystery of what the division who control MS Flight do ... for sure those that work behind the doors at MS on the OS division have got it right, there openness in letting folk test the Win 7 platform was a masterpiece of public relations ... I now own two Win 7 licenses thanks to that. This Hush Hush atmosphere harks back to the days of Phil Talylor though (IMHO) and also a lot of so called Flight Sim Celebritys talking about what they know and we don't whom are supposed to be under NDA, none of this promotes Flight Sim ... but when has the human race ever been known for getting it right? its utter nonsense IMHO.

You still haven't learned and you never will, no matter how many times I say it, so I won't say anything. Feeding trolls = bad.

Brandon Filer

" but I've probably got more background in MS Flight sim than most of the staunchest supporters here." Sign your real name to a post and let's see who you really are.

" but I've probably got more background in MS Flight sim than most of the staunchest supporters here." Sign your real name to a post and let's see who you really are.
Jim, (don't feed the trolls) LOL

Whats the point? you are in denial now anyway? OK: If you want to play games, give me your real name and address and then we will continue. Get over your self. Someone on the Internet challenged your poor authority with good reason ... probably someone with far more experience in Flight sim than you, and you now want names. Grow up Jim. LOL

Whats the point? you are in denial now anyway? OK: If you want to play games, give me your real name and address and then we will continue. Get over your self. Someone on the Internet challenged your poor authority with good reason ... probably someone with far more experience in Flight sim than you, and you now want names. Grow up Jim. LOL
*Facepalm* Come on guys, lets quit the "forum fighting"....

Maybe Tom should set up a Troll forum since so many of you love to chat about them...

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Maybe Tom should set up a Troll forum since so many of you love to chat about them...
He has; they call it The Microsoft Flight Forum. In the vacuum created by the very tight-lipped Microsoft, we mainly all have to troll when posting here!

After your "Why I hate Avsim" post I didn't ban you because I thought that you totally lost the plot and didn't want to make things worse.But I see that you are having fun insulting people as well.You deserve your new banner.Enjoy!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.