Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Bloom effects for dummies in the NGX

FS Global increases the resolution of your ground mesh so you have more accurate and jagged looking hills and mountains. Shade simply improves the way light from the sun falls on the ground so your mountains will be making better looking accurate and jagged shadows on the ground behind them.

FS Global increases the resolution of your ground mesh so you have more accurate and jagged looking hills and mountains. Shade simply improves the way light from the sun falls on the ground so your mountains will be making better looking accurate and jagged shadows on the ground behind them.
OK! What do you think of ENB? Best Fredrik

Computer: Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel i9 - 10850K, Asus Rog MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI), 32GB RAM, Asus RTX3070

Game control: Home Cockpit, Keyboard, Saitek Pro Flight X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. 

I think ENB is awesome works great for me and I took a couple weeks just to modify the .cfg until It was just the way I wanted it. DX10 is not even supposed to be used with the NGX and most Payware sceneries do not even support DX10 features except in the daytime if at all. I wonder if thats why some people are having so many issues with the NGX? Use DX9 like the manual suggests.

Hi So you can say that ENB is like DX10 but works much better in fsx? Does ENB cost some money? Best Fredrik

Computer: Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel i9 - 10850K, Asus Rog MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI), 32GB RAM, Asus RTX3070

does ENB works with DX10 preview enabled in FSX?same question goes for "Shade"

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Here`s a little video showing FSX with and without shade. I think its a great improvement. Shade also provides some *ini files for ENB if you have ENB installed allready.

Philipp Almer

In that video they made it to dark! I don´t have it that dark, but off course anyone can choosethere own settings as desired. There are plenty of possibility in shade to choose from. / Leffe

ENB is a free download and easy for you to try out to see if you like it.
Do you say that it cost later? Best Fredrik

Here`s a little video showing FSX with and without shade. I think its a great improvement. Shade also provides some *ini files for ENB if you have ENB installed allready.

Philipp Almer
actually the part "without shade" in the video looks far better.the part with the Shade, just looks like adding an ND filter on a camera or a polarizer, sunglasses,etc.it looks like all it does is lower the brightness or natural light density, no more then that.I personally in this video like the lively "without share" part... not seeing the world under sunglasses.

Joel Strikovsky

Thats the way our eyes see. You can not see bright highlighted hills if you are looking towards the sun. The bloom effect of the sun will make the hills darker. Shade and ENB give me a much more detailed terrain in the distance. Everyone has a diffrent understanding of "good looking". I will never fly without shade and ENB activated again.Phil Almer

Thats the way our eyes see. You can not see bright highlighted hills if you are looking towards the sun. The bloom effect of the sun will make the hills darker. Shade and ENB give me a much more detailed terrain in the distance. Everyone has a diffrent understanding of "good looking". I will never fly without shade and ENB activated again. Phil Almer

Joel Strikovsky

I have to check that first. I never fly with DX10 preview activated. Phil