Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_Jodry-VJPL

Avsim Exclusive Screenshots For X-plane10

Just take a look at this video

at 0.55 the wingtip hits the ground real hard and he keeps flying. Notice the strong yaw moment due to the wing strike.Don't know about x-plane but FSX handles that in exactly the same way...
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I just tried that exact same move in FSX two times just now and it crashed and reset the aircraft on the runway both times. First time I hit it hard but the 2nd time I tried to just nick the runway. Both times I had the same Aircraft reset.

Wing for about three feet into the ground and happy flying away afterwards ?Without any damage flying normal.

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Wing for about three feet into the ground and happy flying away afterwards ?Without any damage flying normal.
You have to stop using titanium in your wings, Leen.In all seriousness, I do know that wings are VERY strong. There's a famous video of a 777 wing test where the wing is bent upwards about 70° to 80° and to 154% of it's structural load before it fails..Quite a site.

I'm not saying ALL wings are this strong, but they would have to be quite strong to support at least 3 or 4 times the aircrafts weight...including GA's. So it wouldn't surprise me if most aircraft wings can hit the ground and continue flying.

A Mooney wing cannot go three feet deep into the tarmac and emerge without damage.We can do to much horrible things to the airframe without punishment in flightsims.BTW thanks for the info about the settings , I new them already and hoped for additional settings, was only expecting to much I think.

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

A Mooney wing cannot go three feet deep into the tarmac and emerge without damage.We can do to much horrible things to the airframe without punishment in flightsims.BTW thanks for the info about the settings , I new them already and hoped for additional settings, was only expecting to much I think.
If someone finds some kind of problem with X Plane, Austin invites them to email him and he will add it in an update. However, I don't see the point of that now seeing as XP10 is coming out VERY soon. If the same thing happens in XP10, send an email to Austin and I'm sure he will add it in one of it 10's updates.

Guest bstolle

Ah, ok I see.LOL.gif Thanx for the detailed description Leen :)

I have no doubt about the same things happening in X-Plane 10 ( or in any other flightsim in near future )It would be nice to have a broken wheel somewhere on the tarmac after a rough landing instead of tons of houses, bridges etc.Maybe in time we`ll have it all.I am qiuet happy with X-Plane as it is now and it`ll be only better in future.

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Just out of curiosity I tried to match the autogen picture to a similar view in google earthxp10_01.jpgge_01.jpgTerrain and roads are pretty accurate. What seems a bit off are the spots where there are no "real" houses in real life (parking lots, sports field and so on) - in X-Plane those spots are just lawn. But overall I would say it's pretty neat.

Just out of curiosity I tried to match the autogen picture to a similar view in google earth Terrain and roads are pretty accurate. What seems a bit off are the spots where there are no "real" houses in real life (parking lots, sports field and so on) - in X-Plane those spots are just lawn. But overall I would say it's pretty neat.
Wow, VERY nice find. Thanks for posting!

Just out of curiosity I tried to match the autogen picture to a similar view in google earthTerrain and roads are pretty accurate. What seems a bit off are the spots where there are no "real" houses in real life (parking lots, sports field and so on) - in X-Plane those spots are just lawn. But overall I would say it's pretty neat.
That's a fantastic comparison. Well done Manuthie. For default autogen which is 'straight out of the box', that is remarkably accurate. Rhydian

Have you all seen this? It nicely breaks down the video that was posted earlier. It was posted on the XP10's blog (no affiliation with LR) site.

Daniel Miller

Please forget about the buildings and make planes behave the they should, hitting the tarmac.I do not want to see terrible things and a lot of blood.Just a lot of smoke and dust and a sign "Game over" would do for me.Seeing a plane roll on over the tarmac without damage after such a landing ............... thats far from realistic.
I'd rather see buildings, landscape, mountains, etc. It gives purpose to go there. I suppose the smoke and dust would be fine, but I do feel it's a waste of time to go beyond that. They could always make you purchase a new sim..............as a financial hit, though! To be realistic, there has to be that financial loss. Then you'll feel dumb, that you flew lousy in the first place.L.Adamson

Credit where credit is due Simon. That's the work of 'Propsman'....without a doubt the most talented and gifted x-plane art developer ever. There really isn't anything that has been done that he hasn't done or thought of before. ...he is supremely gifted with fantastic attention to detail and exactly why laminar snatched him up. There is nobody I would rather have worked on this stuff. I've seen new screenshots tonight that I've never seen before and I am absolutely FLOORED. FYI, I'm the airport scenery guy....an engineer actually that plays with architects on occasion...and of course Ben Supnik is diety here...he makes it all come together with his fantastic programming.