Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_Jodry-VJPL

Avsim Exclusive Screenshots For X-plane10

Whoaa! Night shot. Look at all that traffic!!!ohmy.png I so love those brake lights. I can't wait to see this in realtime.I wonder if we will have railways over those crossings, I mean they are in XP9.I need a beer and a lie down!!!

I have to say that I am in disbelief in terms of the beauty of this sim. It is so nice to see information, screenshots, and videos coming from the X-Plane team. Very much looking forward to this title and cannot wait to see more as components come together more.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I don't think the X Plane/AVSIM forums have ever been this busy. 87 users viewing this thread.LOL

Even the police car has "lights" on the roof. Lol, sick.

Hehe, nice to see finally Goran! Word of mouth will spread pretty quick.My God, I've just realized. No, the railways don't have animated trains do they??? Tell me they don't...Shucks, at this rate, I may never fly above 1000ft again. Or film videos, I'll just walk on the ground like a tourist, taking stills, as the sun sets, casting ever-longer shadows Another Q- will the deer be better rendered? And will Australia have kangaroos instead? We all know in Oz they are a pest and wander our city streets like cows in India..

Another Q- will the deer be better rendered? And will Australia have kangaroos instead? We all know in Oz they are a pest and wander our city streets like cows in India..
I just had a kangaroo jump over my fence last night. Woke me up and felt like kangaroo steak.Whistle.gif

...who ever landed this plane need to have is liscense revoked .....Sick.gif
Reminds me of a joke:A pilot was making his first commercial run with passengers, and his brother sat in the passenger cabin for moral support. After a rough landing, a stewardess brought a note from the brother up to the pilot which read "7.6". "Well, that's not a bad score, all things considered," said the pilot. Replied the stewardess, "I think he was referring to the Richter scale."

Never eaten kanga- I hear they taste a little similar to Koala :-)

I love how these pictures just keep on coming! No waiting every month or two for freaking Hawaii shots Big Grin.gif Anyway, that night lighting (particularly the cars) is just breathtaking. Can anybody who is a real pilot comment on the brightness of the blue airport lights though? I remember hearing that in XP9 they were unrealistically bright.

Daniel Miller

I noticed in the third screenshot that even the fence is casting a shadow. In fact it looks like practically everthying is. The roof of the building, the cars, the trucks, the trees, the level crossings well...everything seems to be. How do they do that without effecting frames? Realtime shadows on such a huge scale, and to think it's all number crunching. And here is another question, if an aircraft rolled into the shadow, would it effect that too? Would the shadow drape over a fuselage?

How do I even respond to an image like this? It is amazing...index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=24031
DAMN!!! ohmy.pngWait, can I say that here? unsure.png

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Prepare for more jaw dropping ! i know mine did when i read the railroad crossing was autogen and not custom scenery , the world at ground level is at the top of its class , amazing work .008.jpg
Where did you find this picture?? I have been checking all the major sources of info every few hours and I have not seen this pic yet.

Daniel Miller

Cars nd trucks are drawing shadows too, real time shadows....just amazing..0000000000000.png
why would shadows of a truck .. be important in a flight sim?

Just noticed that the buildings project shadows on other buildings ! And on themselves !The colors variations are wonderful !!!

Shadows gives much more reality to the scene. In RL we often don't even notice the shadows, but it has been demonstrated the our brain is very sensitive to the information they provide for correct perception of the environment.

I thought I'd never say this..,'because he can'!It's like why do Orbx bother animating trees and grass? The more real the destination, the more the impression of being there