Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_Jodry-VJPL

Avsim Exclusive Screenshots For X-plane10

why would shadows of a truck .. be important in a flight sim?
It's called immersion......
I thought I'd never say this..,'because he can'!It's like why do Orbx bother animating trees and grass? The more real the destination, the more the impression of being there
Orbx as great sceneries....one thing I don't like about it is the fact that you can't use ground shadow in FSX (with Orbx scenery) because their sceneries come with shadows already installed but it's not moving with the sun...XP-10 with real time shadows is in a league of it's own, totally different immersion feelings.

It's called immersion......
You dont notice truck shadows when you are flying a real plane ....so not real immersion.

Even the police car has "lights" on the roof. Lol, sick.
Blimey, I never even noticed that. You're right that is.... sick!(PS. I'm 33 I can't get used to this lingo!) LOL!

You dont notice truck shadows when you are flying a real plane ....so not real immersion.
Big plane I understand but taking off from any airport flying over a big city with a small plane will make a difference looking at the ground...

Blimey, I never even noticed that. You're right that is.... sick!(PS. I'm 33 I can't get used to this lingo!) LOL!
I'm 39. But I work with a 19 year old and a 25 year old.You learn to pick it up pretty fast.

I'm 49. But I work with a 19 year old and a 25 year old.You learn to pick it up pretty fast.
Ha Ha..I teach 19 year olds. I feel old at 33. That's never good.

Where did you find this picture?? I have been checking all the major sources of info every few hours and I have not seem this pic yet.
These were came to Avsim through our Sim Technologies Director Marty Arant and were for the moment Exclusive.

What about a helicopter, you may notice it then? I suppose it all adds up.

LOL, don't put shadows? They complain about it. Add the shadows? They complain about it.Not enough detail? They say it doesn't have enough detail. Add a lot of detail? They say it's too much detail.Some people can just never admit that something is truly exceptional and goes beyond all expectations.I would address that forum poster personally but seeing as he doesn't want to reveal his name, I'll simply say...facepalm.jpg

In the image with the police car-Are the building and fence made with Lego bricks?And Laminar needs to add a new light set: "emergency_strobe_blue", etc. I know, I know. You don't notice emergency vehicle lights when you're flying an airplane...

LOL, don't put shadows? They complain about it. Add the shadows? They complain about it.Not enough detail? They say it doesn't have enough detail. Add a lot of detail? They say it's too much detail.Some people can just never admit that something is truly exceptional and goes beyond all expectations.I would address that forum poster personally but seeing as he doesn't want to reveal his name, I'll simply say...facepalm.jpg
Hahaha, don't hold up on the eye candy, I got the rig for it, I'll get two GTX 580 classified 3072MB Hydro in SLI if I have to....by the way, with all the traffic that the last pics. and vid. generated you need to release more of them, the buzz is pretty good right now.

Big plane I understand but taking off from any airport flying over a big city with a small plane will make a difference looking at the ground...
Speaking of small planes, does anyone know if the Columbia 400 that comes default has a fully simulated G1000 panel? (It looks very similar to the Corvalis in the x-aviation store, which is why I ask)Seriously, if XP10 comes with all of that scenery AND a good G1000 panel, I may never fly airliners again....

Daniel Miller

Hahaha, don't hold up on the eye candy, I got the rig for it, I'll get two GTX 580 classified 3072MB Hydro in SLI if I have to....by the way, will all the traffic that the last pics. and vid. generated you need release more of them, the buzz is pretty good right now.
Everything must be authorized by Austin. I have BEGGED Tom Kyler to see what he can do about getting more screenshots released and the answer is always the same. Austin has the final say on when, where and what shall be released. And rightfully so. It's no good having a brilliant idea, announce it and THEN try to implement it, only to find out it doesn't work or doesn't look as expected and then being forced to can it. I can safely say that XP10 will make many people, including development teams, sit up and take serious notice.A very popular FSX development team have constantly said they will never develop for x plane because it is too unstable with it's constant updates (completely false, btw. In 3 years and over half a dozen updates to XP9, X Plane has crashed only 2 times on my PC. And that was the 2 times I installed the beta release of the update) Don't even ask how many OOM's and CTD's I've had with FSX and FS9), and not as flexible as the FSX SDK (I had to have a chuckle at that one). That development team, when asked the question NOW if they will switch, have said "we'll make that decision when the time comes".

Ha Ha..I teach 19 year olds. I feel old at 33. That's never good.
Haha, Goran said to thank you for putting him near the big 50!