Sign in to follow this  
trsanchez

Best Ram for FSX ( 12 to 16 GB )? Latency and Timing

Hello guys, which Ram do you prefer for a smooth FSX experience?Please write down the exactly description of the RAM, which you would be using for FSX.Thanks a lot.un saludo

This is the wrong forum for hardware questions.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Buying RAM and memory timings have NOTHING to do with FSX. All RAM is dependent on the specifications for its ability to overclock, and handle timings and voltage. This also depends on your CPU and motherboard. Look at my timings in my signature, it doesn't mean its the right timings for you....

Buying RAM and memory timings have NOTHING to do with FSX. All RAM is dependent on the specifications for its ability to overclock, and handle timings and voltage. This also depends on your CPU and motherboard. Look at my timings in my signature, it doesn't mean its the right timings for you....
Hello Mike, thanks for your answer! un saludo

Hello Mike, thanks for your answer! un saludo
I've tried lots of different RAM, heard lots of stories and my Mushkin 2133 CL9 in two 4GB sticks runs FSX the best that I have ever seen. I love it. I had four sticks of 1600 CL6 2GB that I paid $300 for and now I can't even remember where I placed them after using the 2133 CL9...just saying it works the best for my 2600K overclocked.KDub

Your uncle own a Ram factory? :)
No, I worked hard at returning RAM within the return period and trying another until I settled on the 1600 CL6 for about 15 months. Back then it was real expensive. I then saw the 2133 CL9 on a NewEgg one-day Shell Shocker that was the day before my birthday for $99! The wife said "jump on it and return it if it isn't any better". I tried to sell the 1600 for about a month but there was very little interest so I put it in a safe place that my age now won't let me remember where...