Sign in to follow this  
wanabflyer

Thinking about Fs2crew voice com. for NGX -what's a good headset?

I am thinking of trying Fs2crew Voice Commander for the NGX that is on its way as soon as SDK is out. Does anybody know of a good headset that will also accommodate Tracklip Pro and is of a quality good enough for voice recognition, that is not over the top price wise? Somewhere under $100 US if possible.Thanks in advance,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I am thinking of trying Fs2crew Voice Commander for the NGX that is on its way as soon as SDK is out. Does anybody know of a good headset that will also accommodate Tracklip Pro and is of a quality good enough for voice recognition, that is not over the top price wise? Somewhere under $100 US if possible.Thanks in advance,
Hi Rick,You don't need to spend $100 on a headset for FS2Crew.A $20 generic USB headset (USB are best) will work just fine. And with your Ontario accent, you should expect to get voice recognition accuracy results around 95 percent, except maybe if you start calling Toronto something weird like...'T'rana'...However, if money is no object, sure, go for one that has noise cancelling and all the bells and whistles, but that's overkill in my view.Cheers,

A headset that does'nt cause your ears to overheat is favourite. The ones that do not immerse your ears are more comfortable too but, if you want to deafen yourself from the 'her indoors' remarks, go for the most expensive with 'wife cancelling' facilities, lol

Dave Taylor gb.png

Many thanks guys for your advice, sounds like i won't have to brake the bank.Hey Bryan. Got a real good computer shop up where i am, so i won't have to go down to 'T'rana.Best Regards,

Rick Hobbs

A headset that does'nt cause your ears to overheat is favourite. The ones that do not immerse your ears are more comfortable too but, if you want to deafen yourself from the 'her indoors' remarks, go for the most expensive with 'wife cancelling' facilities, lol
lol wife cancelling facilities :)The best investment I have done in the sound department was to buy an extra sound card - a cheap one, the cheapest I found. I use that one for my headphones (also cheap ones) while the sounds from the airplane and external sounds all go to main speakers. I find it both realistic and very handy since I can adjust both channels independently. So my advice: cheap headset and extra sound card for voice communication and good speakers for all other sounds.Edit: Of course you can also do it the other way round. Get a very good sound card for external sounds including cockpit sounds and attach headphones to sound card integrated in mobo for voice com.

Since we are on this post of voice commands.One of the reasons i haven't got into it is because i don't fly unless i'm on Vatsim -ATC or not even if it's just doing circuits, but still go online and at least my buddies see i'm on and can say hi. My question is if i'm talking to ATC will my voice trigger say a some light switch to go on or gear to go down by saying the wrong phrase? besides that i think i would be interested.Now i have to memorize the title of this post cause in 5 min. it will be 5 pages back and i'll never find itRolling%20Eyes.gif

FS2Crew Voice has a "Soft Mute" and "Hard Mute" function.What the on-line ATC users do is link the Soft Mute button to their ATC Push to Talk button.That way when you're 'talking' to ATC, the FO doesn't act on what you're saying into the microphone and causing all sorts unwanted things from happening.Cheers,

Hi Bryan,I believe that in FS2Crew Button control is possible to have more features and I am waiting this version too. I am observing that you are talking only Voice version. Please not forget the button version!!Thanks

The best investment I have done in the sound department was to buy an extra sound card - a cheap one, the cheapest I found. I use that one for my headphones (also cheap ones) while the sounds from the airplane and external sounds all go to main speakers. I find it both realistic and very handy since I can adjust both channels independently. So my advice: cheap headset and extra sound card for voice communication and good speakers for all other sounds.
Or you can just buy a USB headset with microphone. USB headsets have their own "sound card" built in, and will show up in your available sound cards when plugged in.Dave C.

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Hi Bryan,I believe that in FS2Crew Button control is possible to have more features and I am waiting this version too. I am observing that you are talking only Voice version. Please not forget the button version!!Thanks
Nope, there will definitely be a 'Button Control' version, too.Most of our users are European (German, French, etc.), and a lot of them can't use Voice Control because, if using Vista/Win 7, they can't set their Speech Recognizer to English - US without using Vistalizaotr or upgrading to Ultimate.They can only use the 'Button Version'.FS2Crew's users from the Anglosphere (UK, Ireland, Canada, US, Australia, NZ and South Africa if they still count as English), of course have no issues whatever with Voice. Easy as pie for them.

Or you can just buy a USB headset with microphone. USB headsets have their own "sound card" built in, and will show up in your available sound cards when plugged in.Dave C.
I agree regarding the extra sound card.Some users who installed two sound cards reported problems with the FS2Crew audio engine... like it would crash.Remove the 2nd sound card and all was well.USB headsets are the way to go. They're simple and all they do is work with no hassles.

Ok. So i should add USB to my requirements when choosing. My computer shop is advertizing refurbished Logitech G35s for just about half the new price. What do you think?

Rick Hobbs

Ok. So i should add USB to my requirements when choosing. My computer shop is advertizing refurbished Logitech G35s for just about half the new price. What do you think?
The Logitech G35 is USB, so go for it.That's a nice headset.