Sign in to follow this  
Skysurfer7

Coolsky DC-9... take a look!

How dare they release it while I'm at work, arrrgh ;-)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

I think many of you will love this plane and I'm prob too picky. but for $49.90 something I think I need to...anyway...

I bought it, installed it, took it for a spin around eddf, landed, uninstalled it and now I'm going to email flight1.

The exterior of the plane is nice, the sounds are also way nice and all seems to be very good.But. I'm a Vc person and I spend most of my time in the VC- Now I know that if I do not like the vc I'm not going to use plane.Yes you guessed it I think the VC blows.

To me it sounds like DC-9 just isn't for you no matter how well VC was made. I find it very comparable to all my other high quality addon planes.

ok.. real quick..

Great aircraft.. Looks and flies beautifully.. Sadly there is a significant frame rate hit. flying from Misawa Airbase, Japan (An airport I normally get locked 30 frames with AS2012 weather) I'm getting High teens, low 20's from the VC with clear weather. Also, noticed the oddest problem... rear right and left windows in the VC were opaque orange like a door was open in front of them.. external view showed nothing. Problem cleared up once an altitude was reached and never came back in decent nor when the flight was reloaded or FSX was restarted. Liveries tested were Mexico and Hawaii.

//EDIT// how do I say this.. items on the blue bulkhead in the VC lacked sharpness and seemed more like smudges than anything of detail.

-Damien

some details are still not very sharp (buttons on the bulkhead..) panels are able to be read completely from the VC but Frames still take a significant hit.

-Damien

To me it sounds like DC-9 just isn't for you no matter how well VC was made. I find it very comparable to all my other high quality addon planes.

I have the maddog, the f1 md80 and the cls md81-87.You can't say that I do not like those planes.

If you find this ( or any of the abacus/afs-designs offerings for that matter) comparable to your other high quality addons then good for you .

We all have different standards. I feel that for that money if the VC is not like say realair lancair or pmdg or whatever then I'm not happy.It is that simple.

Hm, Damien, that doesn't look right at all. As if that instrument panel is out of focus. Not te same as the screenshots on the Coolsky site. :mellow:

Jos

Damien, are you running TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096 in your FSX.cfg? If it's only at 1024 that could be why you're seeing the blurry panel.

Anthony Cacciatore

Hm, Damien, that doesn't look right at all. As if that instrument panel is out of focus. Not te same as the screenshots on the Coolsky site. :mellow:

Jos

The screenshots I'm finding on the coolsky website are due to hitting a shift- command for the popup.. not looking as if one were wearing TrackIR and looking around like my shots.

-Damien

Ok after all now when I bought it I seem to have blurry textures within overheard, but other than that I am very happy with this addon, probably the best classic jet ever.

Damien, are you running TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096 in your FSX.cfg? If it's only at 1024 that could be why you're seeing the blurry panel.

This appears to be my problem. I apologize if there was any confusion. I'll amend my prior posts.

-Damien

I see your point on the VC, Damien. Keep on reporting, please. Perhaps it's just a thing or two to fix since the rest of the plane's setup (system detail, trainer app, failures) looks amazing to say the least.

Me is loving the Maddog so far, so I was hoping to fly a steam gauged DC-9 in great detail.

Edited. Lets hope the TML value fixes it, but my guess would be that it does not. I'm only running 1024 and have sharp panels on the NGX, Carenado and CS 'HD' planes for example.

There's an option in FSX to allow hi-res VCs, that one is vital though. Settings > Aircraft > 'High-resolution 3-D virtual cockpit'. Well, just guessing on the problem with the blurry overhead text.