Sign in to follow this  
out

FSGenesis NEXTMap

Captains,Does anyone have FSGenesis NEXTMap mesh for FS9? I found it yesterday and the offer looks very tempting:http://www.fsgenesis...ct_Code=NXM_BDLI am used to flying my old FSG mesh of LOD9 (76 metres) with some freeware high resolution (38m) versions for the Alps.And now I can see a 19m mesh for Europe! It is available as a bundle. Plus there is a 60% discount on the FSG website.Anyway I would like to hear some opinions and find out if and/or how it changed your FS9 experience, especially in Europe.Thanks in advance.Have a nice Sunday evening!

Captains,Does anyone have FSGenesis NEXTMap mesh for FS9? I found it yesterday and the offer looks very tempting:http://www.fsgenesis...ct_Code=NXM_BDLI am used to flying my old FSG mesh of LOD9 (76 metres) with some freeware high resolution (38m) versions for the Alps.And now I can see a 19m mesh for Europe! It is available as a bundle. Plus there is a 60% discount on the FSG website.Anyway I would like to hear some opinions and find out if and/or how it changed your FS9 experience, especially in Europe.Thanks in advance.Have a nice Sunday evening!
I have it and quite like it - it shows more detail than previously available and makes things look more natural with the more detailed topo.DJ

Rafal, I have it also and as DJ sys, it really brings out the detail. Take advantage of the 60% offer and get the FSGXpress or even the Galaxy membership on the cheap. Well worth it.

NAX669.png

Thanks guys, I think you have convinced me! smile.pngI love addons that DO make a difference.

Interesting topic, I have never bought or downloaded anything from FSGenesis but as they have the 60% offer on it looks like a good opportunity to take advantage. However, I do already have installed FS Global 2010 so I am wondering if:a. Is FSGenesis better than FS Global 2010?b. Do I really need another mesh product add-on?c. Will both products work together or would have to uninstall FS Global 2010?Any advice on this please would be welcoming! Thanks

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Packard Bell imedia S3210. AMD Athlon II X 3 425 Processor 2.70 GHz. 3 GB RAM. External hard drive 1TB. FS9.1, Ground Environment, Ultimate Terrain Europe, REX, Zinertek's Ultimate Water Advanced & Ultimate Night Environment 2010, WOAI, MAIW, AES, ODG Project.

Mark, you took the words right out of my 'keyboard'. I was going to ask the same thing.So X2 the question above. smile.png

Guys, I don't have FS Global, but I'm guessing it's one or the other. I don't think you can install different types of mesh. If you take the membership route, it allows you to download anything (besides the Nextmap) for free for FS9 or FSX.

NAX669.png

I don't think you can install different types of mesh
Actually, form my experience I could say you CAN, at least for FS9 (they are just bgl's). Of course if two mesh sets are at the same LOD level, it does not make sense.But if you have different LODs (I don't know if FSGlobal offers LOD11 - 19m), they would be complementary to each other in case the more detailed mesh does not cover the whole area.That's how I use freeware Alps LOD10 on FSGenesis Europe LOD9. Similarly for the Himalaya region (available free in the AVSIM library).Again, if you buy the whole continent (e.g. as a bundle), it does not make sense to have the lower resolution mesh (FSGlobal?) installed at the same time.

... it does not make sense to have the lower resolution mesh (FSGlobal?) installed at the same time.
There is an argument that it does make sense to have as many resolutions available as possible.The sim will only display high res mesh close to your location. Further away from you the sim will display lower res.If you have LOD11 and nothing but default you might see mesh tearing where the mesh changes from the high res to the low res.This tearing appears as blue/silver streaks that at a quick glance can pass for lakes.Long story, short...if you get the higher res, keep the lower res (assuming space is not an issue) to prevent the tearing.Or buy Justin's Buffer Mesh which does the same thing.You can have multiple installs of equal res mesh in FS9. FS9 will use the one with lower scenery priority.If they are on the same level I would assume FS9 will load them alphabetically by filename and use the first one it finds.regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

FS9 will use the one with lower scenery priority.regards,Joe
Hi Joe,I always thought that FS9 would in priority chose the package that had the higher priority ?Tristan

Hi Joe,I always thought that FS9 would in priority chose the package that had the higher priority ?Tristan
There is a bug in FS9 in that it will use the lowest priority of the highest resolution mesh available.In other words, FS loads scenery from the bottom of the Scenery Library to the top.If FS finds a higher resolution mesh as it climbs the Scenery Library ladder, it will use the higher res.If FS finds a mesh of equal resolution as it climbs the Scenery Library ladder, it will ignore it and use the equal res of lower priority.This "reverse priority" applies to mesh only.regards,Joe

sigbar.gif

If FS finds a higher resolution mesh as it climbs the Scenery Library ladder, it will use the higher res.
Hi Joe,So surely, if FS Genesis offers a higher resolution of mesh, for Europe (which would be the fundemental reason for me buying it) then FS Genesis should be on a higher level than FS Global ?Tristan

Hi Joe,So surely, if FS Genesis offers a higher resolution of mesh, for Europe (which would be the fundemental reason for me buying it) then FS Genesis should be on a higher level than FS Global ?Tristan
Scenery priority only matters if the resolution is the same.If the FSGenesis is higher res than the FSGlobal, priority does not matter. FS will use the highest res available.regards,Joe

sigbar.gif