Sign in to follow this  
fsxkitty

New stuff!

Why are they taking us of track. will it or will it not be Hawaii only. Nice subtle sounds, how about a jet whine..
Right.. here's some pretty sounds for you all to hear, this is our sound manager isn't he great... thanks for those... "details".

Crude Humor, mild violence. Even more evidence to support Flight being some kind of arcade game.
Maybe they will just include a link to the AVSIM Flight forum and this is what crude humor and mild violence is referring to.

Right.. here's some pretty sounds for you all to hear, this is our sound manager isn't he great... thanks for those... "details".
I can't believe the attitude of some people here. What kind of people are you?

Maybe they will just include a link to the AVSIM Flight forum and this is what crude humor and mild violence is referring to.
Very funny !!! Although not guilty, to any of the above..I hope !

You act like Flight is a new born baby, or a defenseless animal, we have every right to criticize a product and it's related marketing. Don't blow this out of context. Does it make me any less human because I am not in agreement with how the PR is being handled? Please, I am not an animal!

Couldn't agree more. Some people around here have such a lack of respect that it is a bit disturbing.Didn't we learn manners in grammar school? LOL

What attitude would that be then?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

You act like Flight is a new born baby, or a defenseless animal, we have every right to criticize a product and it's related marketing. Don't blow this out of context. Does it make me any less human because I am not in agreement with how the PR is being handled? Please, I am not an animal!
How many PR campaigns have you run?[

Sorry, I could help noticing that you changed your Avatar from a Coffee Mug before posting your reply to Word Not Allowed. Was this a coincidence, or a timely disconnection between the similarities of your respective Avatar and User Names ? LOL.gif

Love those sounds.. Being kindof a sound person myself (musician and general sound-lover) i can really appreciate it when a flight-sim manages to create the right sounds for a plane for a given situation. One thing that's often overlooked for example is the sound of the wind, the air blowing over the plane.. usually this sound actually washes out the sound of the engine (to some extent) as you fly faster. Some planes in FSX got that right (PMDG 737, A2A spitfire) while most just stick to the engine sound.It's probably not easy to get it right though.. especially for external views. Usually what you hear is a sound recorded at close proximity, which is faded in or out with some pitch variations to account for doppler effect. In reality, the whole sound changes.. as the plane is farther away, higher frequencies in the spectrum should fade out, the sound should be more 'deluted' as it's source is farther away, it should change according to direction, have that phasey-element, etc, all of which may not be easy to accurately emulate. However, in the music/audio industry tools have long been available that can approximate/replicate many of these effects. It should be pretty easy to apply a low pass filter and reverb-related effects as well as phasing-effects to account for most of the things i described above. A band pass filter can perfectly emulate the variation in sound you hear when you change the pitch of a propeller.. a well known sound you hear on turboprop planes.The beauty is that nowadays it doesn't cost a whole lot of processor time to create these effects.. if done right, maybe 1 or 2 percent, while it could really make the whole thing that much more immersive.I may try to create some examples of what maybe possible, if i find a way to record FS sounds.

First off, regarding the Thread Topic... the Sounds are pretty good... I like the brake sound, personally.Second... let's not take things so personally here. It's pretty obvious that Fsau's comment was a tongue in cheek reply;he wasn't hacking on someone replying in this threadThird... Manners? In this Text-ese, who cares about spelling or punctuation, Warp 8 environment we live in?It's sad to see that both manners and common courtesy take a back seat to vehemently defending aspeaking point, especially in a Forum environment.

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Here's an example of what's possible with a few effects to create the sound of an airplane passing by. Here some filtering, panning, reverb and flanging is used to make sound more lifelike. It starts with a couple of seconds of just the dry sound a of a bonanza, then followed by the effected version.. see how you like it :)http://moonbase69.nl/mp3/airplane.mp3

As appreciated as this is, it comes across as another update without any real substance.
Yep! More vacuous PR fluff. How about some interesting 'in-depth' technical details about how the sound engine has been improved?

Matthew S

That is a beta LOL.gif
nonsens, working perfect here

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.