Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

NEW! CYYZ Toronto Pearson

LimeSim makes the US Cities scenery for Aerosoft.This project is not done by LimeSim.
I am pretty sure (no flame war here please) that over at the Aerosoft forums that there was a post about Limesim going to do Toronto.......

I am pretty sure (no flame war here please) that over at the Aerosoft forums that there was a post about Limesim going to do Toronto.......
No flames here Daniel! You're too nice a guy for that bud.I beta test for LimeSim and I have not heard anything about Toronto being done, they better not be doing it as I would have a major tantrum for not being involved in it! I have almost begged Sascha to do it!!

No flames here Daniel! You're too nice a guy for that bud.I beta test for LimeSim and I have not heard anything about Toronto being done, they better not be doing it as I would have a major tantrum for not being involved in it! I have almost begged Sascha to do it!!
Well that would mean they are not doing it Al!!!! Maybe someone hinted it would be done in the future, I have a good memory. Not saying I am perfect though.I tell you what I love the work Limesim do! I have three US Cities X and absolutely love them, even though they aren't night......

Air Canada is ok for international flights, they suck up to the customers. For domestic flights, for some reason, they go for the lowest common denominator.But yes, if you're travelling internationally Cathay is the way to go if you can. Class act all the way...
Cathay Pacific just launched their Premium Economy Class product. Apparently it was so popular they rushed it into the YSSY service!From April 1st (no April fools here!) they will have it on their 777-300ERs between VHHH-CYYZ!http://www.cathaypac...T-_-PEY-14FEB12http://blogs.crikey....omy-space-race/I don't know what the costs are, but the space is almost as much as business class!!! Have a look at the photos!!!From TravelDaily:CX Premium Econ thumbs upCATHAY Pacifichas rushed itsnew PremiumEconomy Classinto service onthe SYD to HKGsector becauseof high demandfor the state-ofthe-art product.The cabinwasn’t supposedto debut untilApr, but Sydneybecame the firstinternationalport to receive the new PremiumEconomy Class when an updatedA330 aircraft featuring the newproduct arrived at KingsfordSmith Airport on Fri.Speaking to TD during anonboard inspection of the plane,Dane Cheng, gm SW Pacific saidCathay’s Flight CX100 will initiallyoperate six times weekly on theroute, and Fri’s first flight wentout full in Premium Economy, “sowe’re already seeing highdemand for the new product.”“We’ll progressively roll outPremium Economy on our 28services a week between Sydneyand Hong Kong, so very soon themajority of our fights will beequipped with the new cabin,”Cheng added.He said MEL, BNE and ADL paxwill also get Premium Y as planesare refitted, as will London, Paris,Vancouver and Toronto.Premium Y has a quieter, morespacious cabin than traditionallyoffered in Y Class with between26 and 34 seats per plane.The seat pitch is 38”, six inchesmore than standard Economy andthe seat itself is wider and has agreater recline.A total of 36 Boeing 777-300ERs and 26 Airbus 330-300swill be fitted with the seats byDec 2013.Dane Cheng is pictured abovegiving the new Premiun Economyseat the thumbs up.MEANWHILE, CX has fares toHong Kong priced from $777 exPerth, valid for travel from 16 Aprto 20 Jun, if booked by 06 Mar.Fares to another 18 Chinesedestinations start from $804.Air Canada looks like it is in the same predicament that QANTAS was in, subject to union action. It is not nice for passengers that staff inconvenience them. Says a lot for their service culture too. How can an airline with great service leave their customers stranded. The customer paid for the fare in advance, so isn't it fair that the customer get what he paid for?

I have been on Air Canada but not for years now. Was never happy with them. In Canada I much prefer WestJet and I've also flown Porter Airline from Toronto Island to Newark, NJ. Porter is great and is Canada's only 4-star rated airline, they are an all Dash 8 fleet though so only regional flights, but they do a fantastic job with customer service....Cheers
Judging from your posts on NJ Porter (good posts too!) you should be a sales rep for NJ Porter, and I will be Cathay's sales rep!!!

Matthew I haven't heard good things about Air Canada, in terms of service levels. I would much rather fly in a Cathay Pacific 777-300ER than an Air Canada 777-300ER (VHHH-CYYZ in real life-not flight sim!). I would like to try Air Canada one day though....But they would have to make an attractive price for me to board their aircraft.What are your views? Have you been on Air Canada?

Back in 1988 (Feb/March), I was returning home (Toronto at the time) from Singapore after a long stretch of time working in China and visiting all kinds of S.E. Asia countries and getting really spoiled by those Airlines down there. I left Singapore on Air Canada for London UK., stopping off at Bombay to top-up fuel and change crews. This is where the fun started. After serving a meal the (all male) flight attendants parked the bar trolley and said that if we needed anything else, to help ourselves. After about 10 hrs., getting close to morning in the UK and about 3hrs away, my wife and i decided it would be nice if we had a cup o coffee, so i went to find our trusty flight attendants. I found them in the galley with feet up having a conversation between themselves and when asked if we could get a cup of Java, i was once again pointed to the bar trolley and told that if i want a coffee i will have to wait until breakfast is served, about 1.5hrs from landing.

But wait, it get's better. After a three week visit in UK, we were off home to Toronto on Air Canada once again for what was supposed to be a direct flight. Well as we got close to Montreal, we were informed that we were going to stop off at Montreal because there was a 747 that was going to be half full after stopping at Mont., so they were going to stick us on that a/c and leave our empty a/c at Mont., hence saving fuel.

We got to Montreal about 1hr. ahead of the 747, so they off-loaded us onto those elevateable ground transport vehicles where my wife and i stood (because there wasn't enough seats for everyone) for an hr.

After finally getting seated on the 747, turned out to be a combo. So where did we get seated? Right at the front row that overlooks the loading bay when the bay doors are open (which they were). So we sat for another hour while they loaded more cargo, exposed to the outside air in March and just froze. To add insult to to injury, the ash trays were overflowing with butts onto the floor and in the seats (they still allowed smoking on planes then) and the toilets were filthy with toilet tissue, hand wipes and what looked and smelled like urine on the the floors.

Am i exagerating ? NO! Will i ever fly Air Canada again? No!

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I fly AC often and I find them fine. Sure they're not like some Asian airlines, but in North America I think they're one of the best. IFE is good-and in every seat! Which is more than what some other big airlines can say - seats aren't too bad first class is nice.

The worst flight I've been on was an AZ flight YYZ-FCO. The 767 was pretty old and the food was mediocre.

I had a good experience on a BA fligh from TLV-LHR slept through the whole thing so can't comment too much haha

Virgin was bad from LHR-JNB. They only had one meal choice left by the time they got to the back.

SA from JNB-CPT was pretty good.

The best long haul I've had has been on has been AC and LY.

Short haul I like AC over WS more because of the IFE and AC has more frequencies compared to WS

My 2 cents

Lee

Count me in..., I've been waiting so long for this! Please do the airport justice, I real life it is nice!

David DD

Back in 1988 (Feb/March), I was returning home (Toronto at the time) from Singapore after a long stretch of time working in China and visiting all kinds of S.E. Asia countries and getting really spoiled by those Airlines down there. I left Singapore on Air Canada for London UK., stopping off at Bombay to top-up fuel and change crews. This is where the fun started. After serving a meal the (all male) flight attendants parked the bar trolley and said that if we needed anything else, to help ourselves. After about 10 hrs., getting close to morning in the UK and about 3hrs away, my wife and i decided it would be nice if we had a cup o coffee, so i went to find our trusty flight attendants. I found them in the galley with feet up having a conversation between themselves and when asked if we could get a cup of Java, i was once again pointed to the bar trolley and told that if i want a coffee i will have to wait until breakfast is served, about 1.5hrs from landing.

But wait, it get's better. After a three week visit in UK, we were off home to Toronto on Air Canada once again for what was supposed to be a direct flight. Well as we got close to Montreal, we were informed that we were going to stop off at Montreal because there was a 747 that was going to be half full after stopping at Mont., so they were going to stick us on that a/c and leave our empty a/c at Mont., hence saving fuel.

We got to Montreal about 1hr. ahead of the 747, so they off-loaded us onto those elevateable ground transport vehicles where my wife and i stood (because there wasn't enough seats for everyone) for an hr.

After finally getting seated on the 747, turned out to be a combo. So where did we get seated? Right at the front row that overlooks the loading bay when the bay doors are open (which they were). So we sat for another hour while they loaded more cargo, exposed to the outside air in March and just froze. To add insult to to injury, the ash trays were overflowing with butts onto the floor and in the seats (they still allowed smoking on planes then) and the toilets were filthy with toilet tissue, hand wipes and what looked and smelled like urine on the the floors.

Am i exagerating ? NO! Will i ever fly Air Canada again? No!

I believe you Rick.

Yes, you do get spoilt in Asia, especially if you are used to the poor levels of service we are paying for. Qantas also had their staff sitting and chatting in the galley. Same.

Anything has to be better than BluePrint Simulations CYYZ. The buildings look horrible and not the greatest on Frame Rates either.

It looks pretty ok in my opinion (much better than the default), but the frame rates are absolutely horrendous!

All i want is the inclusion of YYZ's Terminal 1 which is absent in the default YYZ. I don't care how fancy it is.. Terminal 1 and good frame rates. Suggestions?

ORYXSIM is making CYYZ it will be out Summer 2012 so sit tigtht, its gonna be good.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I'm pretty sure CYYZ will be distributed by Aerosoft as per their advert in a German Magazine about the new Mega Airport Toronto Pearson. Maybe D can confirm this on his own.

I emailed Aerosoft a few months ago and asked for CYYZ - they said they would definately keep it in mind for future airports :)

Rob

I'm wondering whether I should go for the Oryxsim, or hold off and wait and see if Aerosoft truly is making a CYYZ. What do you guys think would be a better idea? I've never really used Oryxsim; do you guys consider it good? Nonetheless great to see some sceneries for a country truly lacking in Flight Sim.

I'm wondering whether I should go for the Oryxsim, or hold off and wait and see if Aerosoft truly is making a CYYZ. What do you guys think would be a better idea? I've never really used Oryxsim; do you guys consider it good? Nonetheless great to see some sceneries for a country truly lacking in Flight Sim.

I am under the impression that Oryxsim is making CYYZ and Aerosoft is the distributor.

I am under the impression that Oryxsim is making CYYZ and Aerosoft is the distributor.

No Sir, that is not the case.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom