Sign in to follow this  
miguelpp

NVIDIA fps limiter

Can someone tell give an explanation of how they are setting this up, I know you can set limiter in inspector do you set it up in global and the fsx area ? also what are you setting fps in fsx, thanks a lot.

Rich Sennett

Can someone tell give an explanation of how they are setting this up, I know you can set limiter in inspector do you set it up in global and the fsx area ? also what are you setting fps in fsx, thanks a lot.
I set it up only for FSX. FSX itself is set at infinite. I run FSX on all 4 cores (I7 950 running at 4.2 GHz now and affinity mask at 15 - could ofcourse delete that). In addition I limit other programmes like RC4 and AS2012 to run on cores 1, 2 and 3. So core 0 is free to run the most demanding threats for FSX.Whith heavy scenery and plane (e.g. NGX and PNW) I actually don't need any limiter. But with default scenery and default plane fps without limiter would jump around a lot and cause stutters. At present I have the NI limiter at 60, simply only to avoid stutters in too easy conditions.Works very well. Compared to the internal limiter it does not reduce the frame rate at all.Boudewijn Swanenburg

I just updated to 1.9.5.7, but am still sitting at the 270.61 drivers (I'm assuming that's why I don't see the Frame limiter in Inspector?)Anyway, I'm still running a 256MB 7600 GT, and wondering if a card this old gets any benefit updating the Nvidia drivers past a certain point. Any opinions.I'm not getting terrible performance with the internal FSX frame limiter set to 30 (although it dips to 12-15 (smooth) FPS in heavily populated airports).Again, the question is -- any benefit with a 7600 GT to continue to update to the latest Nvidia drivers? Thanks.

Kevin Young

My setting is as follows: FSX unlimited and using Nvidia Inspector I set the frame rate at 35 to hold it. It is now holding the 35 fps 90% of the time only in large cities like New York or LA will it drop to 22 fps.Hope this helps.

It's funny how FSX performance are totally different from one PC to another. I gave up using external FPS limiters as I have found that using an external FPS limiter introduces heavy blurries, while using the internal limiter (I set it to 25 fps) gives no blurry at all (LOD radius is set at 6.5). I use it in combination with the fsx.cfg tweaks FFTF=0.1 and Usepools=0.......I know these two are not good for many users as they are reported to introduce blurries, instability or graphic issues, but in my case they work great all together and my sim has never been so smooth, stable and eye candy..(I am still using Nvidia drivers 275.33, as I found that they perform better than the newest ones).Misteries of FSX..!!!Regards
I agree, using the same settings apart from usepools as I prefer rejectthreshold.

Stephen Munn

I just updated to 1.9.5.7, but am still sitting at the 270.61 drivers (I'm assuming that's why I don't see the Frame limiter in Inspector?)Anyway, I'm still running a 256MB 7600 GT, and wondering if a card this old gets any benefit updating the Nvidia drivers past a certain point. Any opinions.I'm not getting terrible performance with the internal FSX frame limiter set to 30 (although it dips to 12-15 (smooth) FPS in heavily populated airports).Again, the question is -- any benefit with a 7600 GT to continue to update to the latest Nvidia drivers? Thanks.
Tough question. Although nVidia clearly don't optimize newer drivers for older cards, there may be optimizations that are independent from the respective hardware.You'll probably have to try and see for yourself.

Dave P. Woycek

With my computer specs, I've learnt to never look at the FPS counter.But I have to say that this driver combo really gives me a smooth ride!

Rune B.

Thanks Craig but I have tried this method and its laggy without external limiter not sure why hmm ? thanks

Rich Sennett

Looking for some advice or help.Using the latest beta driver and the latest Nvidea Inspector, I see the line to enable the frame limiter in NI and my NI profiles are working in FSX, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out why the frame rate limiter is not working for me.Whenever I start FSX and the NI profile is applied, everything works, but the frames are still running unlimited.I'm using XP64bit and an MSI 560Ti.ThanksJB

Sounds interesting! Now, if they could only make VSYNC work in Windowed mode...
Have you tried this in the fsx.cfg under [GRAPHICS]:FORCEWINDOWEDVSYNC=1

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

Looking for some advice or help.Using the latest beta driver and the latest Nvidea Inspector, I see the line to enable the frame limiter in NI and my NI profiles are working in FSX, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out why the frame rate limiter is not working for me.Whenever I start FSX and the NI profile is applied, everything works, but the frames are still running unlimited.I'm using XP64bit and an MSI 560Ti.ThanksJB
You need to sign your name ...FSX says "unlimited" ... correct. Same with mine.But, FSX FPS is staying at 29FPS (smooth, no problems on my first PMDGNGX-800 flight KSAN-KPHX today ... nice ride!).. my setting in NI is set to = 29FPS.I am using two monitors each 1920x1084, FSX, EZdok and EFB local PC, AS2012 on workstation PC.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

You need to sign your name ...FSX says "unlimited" ... correct. Same with mine.But, FSX FPS is staying at 29FPS (smooth, no problems).. my setting in NI is set to = 29FPS.I am using two monitors each 1920x1084, FSX, EZdok and EFB.
I know it will always say unlimited when your internal limiter is set there. But the frames are not limited via the NI in game. Example.... NI set to 29 and default planes are giving 60. So, eventhough I can set the NI framelimiter to 29, it is not limiting frames.You think using drive sweeper will help as all I did when I installed the new beta driver was unistall through control panel and then run a clean install from the drive installer?JB