Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

What did you get for Christmas?

Oh, yeah I need to change that. Gregg co is controlled during daylight hours. (it's only 30 miles from my house as well)

Jeeze, lots of $$$ being spent in the xmas build-up, must be good for the vendors even at sale pricesMy financial services manager (aka the wife) allocated me a nice xmas spending budget, I couldnt decide between hardware and software, ended up going for the latter, shopped around and treated myself to the following over the last fortnight...

• uk2000 sceneries: Birmingham, Edinburgh, Stanstead and Manchester
  • Flight1 Britten-norman Islander
  • Carenado C185 bush model
  • JustFlight Constellation
  • IRIS F22 and C27
  • Wilco 737 Evo
  • Nemeth bros EC-120 and BO-105

Now I know this is a PMDG forum, so you'll be wondering why I mention the Wilco :-) but seriously I have $100nz spare which I've pledged not to spend until my next pay packet comes in in January, so will be picking up the NGX then. Man have I got some flying, and manual reading to do LOL.gif

Dean Stringer

Very nice Dean, and yeah, I hear ya on the reading homework. Just the DCS A-10 alone will keep me reading until I go blind. I sure hope I can someday finish and actually fly some of them!

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Santa brought me a shiny new 27" HAZRO IPS 2560x1440 monitor and WOW what a difference. Looks like a new sim great detail :(

Joe Park

For me it was -Activesky 2012ORBX New Zealand South Island (awesome}Flight 1 Cessna 162 SkycatcherDCS A-10Cheers Santa !

@Dan yeah I'm gonna have to choose one to study too@Joe screen sounds wicked, that's gotta be pretty immersive

Dean Stringer

Trying to fly the CorcordeX solo is like going backwards down the stairs on a swivel chair while firing an Uzi. So much happens so fast =)Fs2Crew would be awsome for the X but even that would struggle to keep up lol.

I usually get all flight sim stuff at Christmas but was saving for a few computer upgrades. Unfortunately I needed to get a wheelchair as my health worsened, then one or two other expenses. So that`s on a back burner for now but I spotted some details about the new Android phone, the San Francisco II being released end of November this year. I tried to get one and it went out of stock 3 times but finally scooped one up on 23rd of December, then got a Sony Bluetooth gadget that does radio, handsfree, music player on the phone etc and no trailing wires. Its sort of flight sim related though because I set it to show a live map of my FSX Flights and my plane on it-using FS Map I think its called. It has the facility to show PMDG routes too but I haven`t tried that. Wish I`d known about the UK2000 sale in time, I could have stretched to the VFR Airfields as I have the free trial ones and wanted Eddsfield near Scarborough. I like a lot of light plane flying as well as the bigger birds. With VFR I can do low level flying in the valleys and follow rivers/canals to my destination. My fave is always Liverpool EGGP, follow the river Mersey past Runcorn bridge, join the St Helens Canal and follow it past my home town of Warrington some 20 miles away then about another 15 miles along the canal the M60 motorway flyover (I added that) then turn to RW27L at Barton EGCB. Mine is exactly like real life, using a mixture of free add ons and my own changes using ADE then I added an air traffic file inc a few microlights, cessnas and some helicopters etc. I can even start off in the big hanger behind the real life depicted brick tower, I added a linked parking spot in there lol.oops, went off the subject a little, sorry..... Hope you all had a good one anyway.Steve

Ive recently got eggp steve so will have to try your route.Still some good sales on. For boxing day i got:Flightbeam ksfoCarenado baronIris c27 - for antarcticaAerosoft german airports 2Cliffs of dover (il2)Not sure if i need them right now, but at 25% to 80% off i decided that i can buy now and fly later.My memory from last year is that the post christmas sales were pretty good - hope i haven't peaked too soon!Happy yuletide all :)

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Ive recently got eggp steve so will have to try your route.Still some good sales on. For boxing day i got:Flightbeam ksfoCarenado baronIris c27 - for antarcticaAerosoft german airports 2Cliffs of dover (il2)Not sure if i need them right now, but at 25% to 80% off i decided that i can buy now and fly later.My memory from last year is that the post christmas sales were pretty good - hope i haven't peaked too soon!Happy yuletide all :)
Fly RW09 at EGGP if possible or 27 and do a 180 degree turn. Runcorn Bridge is ahead and slightly to your right past the kink in the Mersey. The river Mersey twists and winds too much to follow but the St Helens canal is immediately to its right, very straight and easy to follow. Keep going until you see Barton on your left and/or the bridge (which is freeware on the net).Another one is follow the M62 over the Pennines from Barton, then down to Humberside EGNJ. Try a trip to South Cave on the Hull side if you get the UK2000 free trial, its on a hillside and angled so not an easy approach. After a bite to eat go to the old Billy Butlins airfield at Skegness EGNI by following the East coast after turning right out of the river Humber (left is Scarborough/Filey/Bridlington). But you need a VFR free trial from UK2000 with EGNI in as FSX doesn`t depict it.http://www.uk2000sce...les/Page18.html Vol 3 is the one but get the other trials too.http://www.fs2000.org/downloads/doc_details/30589 Get the bridge, think its this one I gotI best get back on topic now before I get shouted at......Steve

Not Flight Sim but i did get a matchbox plane! Oh and also an RC one with all the necessary controls to starts me off.

@virgin: i got a plane made of coke zero cans that the kids found at the local market. Think its a maule. Not sure if im allowed to recycle it.@steve: thx for the flight suggestions, once i get over my ngx/us phase i will definitely boot up uk2000 + uk vfr v3 and maybe take the new baron for a spin.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

About $67 of AES Credits LOL.gif . Now I have ground service at KSFO and other airports...finally :(

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Hey all. Merry christmas.....for yesterday. Glad to see everyone was treated well from santa. Seems like a bunch of you bought the DCS A10. If you ever wanna hook up and fly let me know. Yes, the reading is endless. I gotta get back into it. Got an email fro dcs the other day explaining their future. Sounds like they have no intentions of slowing. A new plane indevelopment, implementing a Ground Commander option where you can controlthe ground troops,etc and be that JTACS thing, also making a Flaming Cliffs 3. As for those that got the Bose Headset..........###### on you! Lol. Just kidding. I am jealous. Nice headset. FOR those that would like a Bose headset, there is a cheaper alternative that a guy i was flying with the other day that was awesome. He took one of those normal bose active noise cancelling headsets ( about 300 bux here in Canada) and there is this company that specifically makes a microphone boom for that headset. I tried it and it was sweet. Now pop the mic boom off and use the headset as a normal pair of earphones. Was awesome. Total price was 500-600. About half the price of an A20 but much the same thing.Well happy new year and i hope a good one to everyone! Take care!JackColwill