Sign in to follow this  
ray hughes

New beta 290.53 Nvidia Drivers with Frame limiter built in..

Very interesting thread. Where do you set the FPS Limiter in the inspector? I can't seem to find it. I have all the latest versions.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Very interesting thread. Where do you set the FPS Limiter in the inspector? I can't seem to find it. I have all the latest versions.Lee
Don't have Inspector in front of me but I believe the section is called 'Common'

Richard Åsberg

No, I believe it's called 'FPS Limiter' and the values are Off or 29, 30, 35 etc...are you sure you have the latest version of Inspector installed?

Richard Åsberg

[quote name='Midnight Music' timestamp='1325028827' post='2203296'][Very interesting thread. Where do you set the FPS Limiter in the inspector? I can't seem to find it. I have all the latest versions.]Lee see the other recent thread on Nvidia there is a link to the Guru3d - or just choose the link above, go to page 4 and scroll down - you will see a profile mod link there in one of the conversations. you need to download the Nvidia inspector profile and then allow it to overwrite you other profile, then once you have loaded NVidia INspector and selected MS SImulator X scroll on down the inspector to the section entitled "other" where you will see Frame limiter.

Thanks guys for all the advice. I got it all working now. Seems good and smooth. Will have to check it out for a bit.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

{That's what I suspected. Another internet/forum fubar.}Some misunderstanding here - I can see how my subject header would have confused users and is misleading. - but if you read thru the Guru3d link you would have understood what they are talking about . - The limiter is now available within Nvidia Inspector with the downloadable mod profile. ******* has confirmed it works with the 285.62 drivers - so how is that a fubar? -*******, I am pleased it appears to work with the 285.62. I have some work to do to get things stable on the 290.53's.And I am a little disappointed with the latest video drivers as far as FSX goes. The drivers while working fine, tend to give a fuzzy appearance to everthing - not quite as sharp or crisp as earlier drivers - I have noticed this actually in all the 290.xx drivers I have tried. The benefits of the 290.53's appear more for BF3 and Skyrim, both of which I have and appear to have ironed out issues with earlier drivers and also increase FPS with them, getting rid of artifacts within BF3 especially. From FSX point of view, I probably should go back to the 285.62's but just know I will have issues with skyrim and BF3... caught between a rock and a hard place...
The latest Beta driver is OK with a RejectThreshold=262144. The results were not that good with BP=30000 or lower. The 285 driver has been a solid performer with the gtx 480. I'll stick with that one forever.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I went back to the 285 driver too and it's working just fine with the built-in FPS limiter in the latest version of Inspector so I'll stay with this as well.

Richard Åsberg

HMMMM, I went back to the 285 driver and the built in FPS limiter is now gone. Strange that it would remain in some systems and not in others.

NAX669.png

HMMMM, I went back to the 285 driver and the built in FPS limiter is now gone. Strange that it would remain in some systems and not in others.
You need to delete the old Inspector. Then,Download the latest inspector 1.95.7: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5077-nvidia-inspector.htmlReplace the CustomSettingsNames XML with this new file:http://download.orbmu2k.de/files/Cus...FPSLimiter.zipCreate a new profile or use MS Flight Simulator X. I like to delete FSX profile and create my own.

You need to delete the old Inspector. Then,Download the latest inspector 1.95.7: http://www.techspot....-inspector.htmlReplace the CustomSettingsNames XML with this new file:http://download.orbmu2k.de/files/Cus...FPSLimiter.zipCreate a new profile or use MS Flight Simulator X. I like to delete FSX profile and create my own.
Does using the inspector limiter provide the best results both in performance and visuals in your opinion as opposed to no limiter or other limiters out there?I currently don't use a limiter; fly heavies in and out of big airports on a 2600k 4.6, 580 and full add-ons. Get 30's or so at big addon airports in the NGX and 100's airborne, would the limiter provide a smoother flight?

Simon

Does using the inspector limiter provide the best results both in performance and visuals in your opinion as opposed to no limiter or other limiters out there?I currently don't use a limiter; fly heavies in and out of big airports on a 2600k 4.6, 580 and full add-ons. Get 30's or so at big addon airports in the NGX and 100's airborne, would the limiter provide a smoother flight?
This new inspector with an fps lock for programs is a welcomed holiday gift. By locking fps at 30 using the inspector, you can leave FSX set to unlimited and not experience the fps fluctuation that occur when fsx is set to unlimited. This will give you a very smooth flight and sharp textures. The only place where I need to lock fps in FSX is when flying in ORBX PNW. That's the only place where unlocked = blurries.I'm extremely happy with this new Inspector.

I'm using the new beta Nvida drivers and Inspector (BF3 user) with no issues at all with FSX. I don't use the the Nvidia frame limiter with FSX ( still using antilag) but I do use it with BF3 ....works like a champ.

The only place where I need to lock fps in FSX is when flying in ORBX PNW. That's the only place where unlocked = blurries.I'm extremely happy with this new Inspector.
Does this mean you use the inspector lock all the times and use the FSX one when flying into ORBX PNW only? Just clariying:) Thanks for your help.Simon

Simon