Sign in to follow this  
ray hughes

New beta 290.53 Nvidia Drivers with Frame limiter built in..

Hello Guys !First I think that for better exposure and more responses, this thread should be moved to the Hardware section (Video Cards Monitors, Etc).And as per the new driver and the integrated limiter, well, it runs great, I get better graphic and much more stable FPM ...so we are very happy :dance: Happy new year to all Yair

Jose,I'm getting a "Error 404" Page not found when I click on the FPSLimiter.zip link.
------------------------------------------------Same here...page won't load.....

Does this mean you use the inspector lock all the times and use the FSX one when flying into ORBX PNW only? Just clariying:) Thanks for your help.Simon
Yes! After you set up Inspector with fps locked at 30 or 35, leave FPS set to unlimited in FSX, unless you're flying in the PNW. This unlimited setting might not work on every system. I just happen to have a fast CPU and GPU combo., along with SSDs. Lucky me. LOL.gif
Jose,I'm getting a "Error 404" Page not found when I click on the FPSLimiter.zip link.
It looks like the update was removed for the link. Look here:http://forums.guru3d...t=356013&page=4I found this new link in the same thread:http://www.mediafire.com/?cdb7g1a27sxjnxx

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Yes! After you set up Inspector with fps locked at 30 or 35, leave FPS set to unlimited in FSX, unless you're flying in the PNW. This unlimited setting might not work on every system. I just happen to have a fast CPU and GPU combo., along with SSDs. Lucky me. LOL.gifI found this new link in the same thread:http://www.mediafire...cdb7g1a27sxjnxx
It is just a blank page when I downloaded.Kind regards,

It is just a blank page when I downloaded.Kind regards,
Stephen,PM me and I'll e-mail to you.BTW, it looks like the right file with firefox.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

If you're using the 285.62 drivers and not seeing the frame rate limiter option after updating to nvidiainspector 1.9.5.7, open the CustomSettingNames_en-EN.xml file with notepad (should be in the same directory as the nvidiainspector.exe file) and change the MinRequiredDriverVersion value from 290.53 to 285.62. That was all it took.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

If you're using the 285.62 drivers and not seeing the frame rate limiter option after updating to nvidiainspector 1.9.5.7, open the CustomSettingNames_en-EN.xml file with notepad (should be in the same directory as the nvidiainspector.exe file) and change the MinRequiredDriverVersion value from 290.53 to 285.62. That was all it took.
Hi Bob, good to see you. I have searched high and low (literally) in that file without seeing any refrence to driver versions. The find search did not locate 290.53 either. Any suggestions?PS: You were right about Haiti! :smile:Kind regards,

Hi Bob, good to see you. I have searched high and low (literally) in that file without seeing any refrence to driver versions. The find search did not locate 290.53 either. Any suggestions?
Is it possible there are a couple copies on your system? I found this one by looking at the properties of the shortcut and looking in that directory. It was out there after I let it update itself.
PS: You were right about Haiti! :smile:
I really wish I wasn't...

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

..works great ..overall better graphic & stable frame ratesYair

Hi Bob, good to see you. I have searched high and low (literally) in that file without seeing any refrence to driver versions. The find search did not locate 290.53 either. Any suggestions?PS: You were right about Haiti! :smile:Kind regards,
It is in the third line after <CustomSetting>. I change it from 290.53 to 280.26, which is the version I prefer to use and it works very well.Hope this helps.Happy New Year

Danny

I really wish I wasn't...
Me too. :sad: I desperately wanted to be right on that one. Perhaps that's why I fought so hard, not wanting to let myself think otherwise, you know, mind over matter, but in this case it did not matter much, sadly. I'm old enough to know better, but hope springs eternal. Thanks for the help. I just copied and pasted the file Jose sent me. Thanks Jose!
It is in the third line after <CustomSetting>. I change it from 290.53 to 280.26, which is the version I prefer to use and it works very well.
Thanks Danny, I got it working. No blurries with it so far over heavy autogen in the PNW. Quite impressed, using 285.62. I tried 290.53 and could not get my icons in view and it would not change even with restarts, so I rolled back. Too bad because PaulJ says he has had several FPS increase directly because of it.Kind regards,

Great find Bob, I'm using the 285.62 drivers and the XML edit worked like a charm with the new Inspector. 30fps set in Inspector and 30fps in FSX with internal limiter set to unlimited.Thanks Bob!

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"