Sign in to follow this  
ray hughes

New beta 290.53 Nvidia Drivers with Frame limiter built in..

Me too. :sad: I desperately wanted to be right on that one. Perhaps that's why I fought so hard, not wanting to let myself think otherwise, you know, mind over matter, but in this case it did not matter much, sadly. I'm old enough to know better, but hope springs eternal. Thanks for the help. I just copied and pasted the file Jose sent me. Thanks Jose!Thanks Danny, I got it working. No blurries with it so far over heavy autogen in the PNW. Quite impressed, using 285.62. I tried 290.53 and could not get my icons in view and it would not change even with restarts, so I rolled back. Too bad because PaulJ says he has had several FPS increase directly because of it.Kind regards,
Stephen,I only get blurries in the PNW. Things are sharp even down under with Very Desnse AG. Things have never looked better. Even at night with light poles on, things are very acceptable. Are you flying a fast plane at PNW? I'm going to assume that this is where that gtx580 comes in handy. Faster card, better rendering.Cheers and Happy New Year!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Stephen,I only get blurries in the PNW. Things are sharp even down under with Very Desnse AG. Things have never looked better. Even at night with light poles on, things are very acceptable. Are you flying a fast plane at PNW? I'm going to assume that this is where that gtx580 comes in handy. Faster card, better rendering.Cheers and Happy New Year!
Hi Jose,I am very impressed that there are no blurries with this FPS limiter over PNW in a Royal Duke set at 35FPS, and that is with extremely high Nvidia Inspector SUPERVCAA 64X 4v 12 settings. This is great. It might be the 580 GTX I suppose since other than that, both systems are comparatively equal. In any case, quite a find. Thanks! With all the breakthroughs we have had lately it sure makes FSX that much better. However looking forward to Flight though, hoping I can leave FSX behind, expensive addons and all, sooner rather than later, so no more scenery or airplane payware addons for me on this platform. By the way, I was surprised to read that you are only using a single card instead of the SLI. Right decision I think. Perhaps Flight can use both. Happy New Year to you too!Kind regards,

Hi Jose,I am very impressed that there are no blurries with this FPS limiter over PNW in a Royal Duke set at 35FPS, and that is with extremely high Nvidia Inspector SUPERVCAA 64X 4v 12 settings. This is great. It might be the 580 GTX I suppose since other than that, both systems are comparatively equal. In any case, quite a find. Thanks! With all the breakthroughs we have had lately it sure makes FSX that much better. However looking forward to Flight though, hoping I can leave FSX behind, expensive addons and all, sooner rather than later, so no more scenery or airplane payware addons for me on this platform. By the way, I was surprised to read that you are only using a single card instead of the SLI. Right decision I think. Perhaps Flight can use both. Happy New Year to you too!Kind regards,
I don't know if Flight will be able to compete with all the payware add-ons that I have using FSX. This new Inspector is great, but not as great as the FSUIPC fix. Boy, was this fix needed! As for SLI, my board does support it, but I don't really need an additional card. I settled for a two monitor setup and I'm very happy right now. I hope Flight is a remarkable upgrade. You know I'm getting it when it is released. LOL.gif

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Inspector limiter locked at 30 on the 285.xx works great for me. The first time I have ever used a limiter in FSX and I like!!

Simon

Is there any difference between running the FPS limiter through the Nvidia Inspector vs. through Marko Ludolph's FPS Limiter. I can't see one so wondering if I am missing something.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Hi Mark,Yes, there seems to be a difference in the Nvidia Inspector version that somehow does not cause blurries in most, if not all systems. It must work differently where it counts.Kind regards,

OK thanks Stephen. I tested FSX with both limiters as well as unlimited and really could not tell much of a difference with regards to blurries. Having said that it may have just been a matter of where I tested so I will move forward with the NI method. The biggest fix for me was moving from 8S and 4X Supersampling to 8SQ and 2X Supersampling. This made a huge difference on my system in removing really annoying "sparking" artifacts in the VC and when looking at the aircraft while zoomed out. Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I have never used an external fps limiter, and have had my internal FSX limiter set on unlimited, as it seemed to give me the smoothest performance.I just gave this one a try with the new Nvidia Inspector, and it seems to work well with the 285.62 official drivers.I have not had time to fly enough to tell if there is a difference in performance on my system, I got to do one short flight and it seemed at least as good and maybe a little better, but I can certainly tell the limiter is working. This will certainly be a nice feature to be able to use with Nvidia drivers now.

Hi would someone explain how to actually set the fps limiter i cant find it and what to do with the xml custom settings file as i havnt used this before many thanks appreciate it. Wayne

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART