Sign in to follow this  
Naji

Selfish and ungrateful.. ?!

I regret having to post my reply to Orbx here as Orbx seems to allow itself to slap customers with the words "selfish and ungrateful" in response to a criticism by several about their sale policy, and then lock and delete threads, denying customers the chance to respond.Orbx thinks the complaints are for the money but, as I mentioned in my deleted thread on their forum, it is for fair treatment.Imagine two guys buying one scenery product: one prepaid for it 7-8 weeks ago with 15% discount and got it a few days back, and the other guy buying it now at 33% discount and getting to install it right away! And this happened with eight sceneries that got mostly released in the last ten days.I have already mentioned on my deleted thread that I think I had better pack up and move on from Orbx products and forums. I know it will be my loss as I love their products and bought all of them and appreciate the outstanding talent that they have, but this kind of treatment, followed by words as above, can't stand.

Life really stinks when something you purchased something on sale and then it goes on sale at a lower price! Guess what? Life isn't fair!

No need to move on from ORBX. Just use some common sense and being prepared to wait a while.. There is always sales over at ORBX.. At least you still get to enjoy the best scenery there is.Learning the hard way normally let you change your behaviour.. Just manage the way you changing your behaviour and dont spite your own face..

Yeh..Ofcourse your post got deleted..the forum is there to post positive things onlycant have people reading anything negative about them now can we...

Guest firehawk44

It doesn't sound unfair to me. The sale is for current products -- not products that are still in development and will be released in the future. Best regards,Jim

This type of event occurs regularly with many companies who advertise on the internet. Although it's annoying, there isn't much you can do about it other than what you have done (use your feet and move to a competitor). Luck to you, WilloW

WilloW (YMHB)

flaps2approach.com
B737-800 simulator

It doesn't sound unfair to me. The sale is for current products -- not products that are still in development and will be released in the future.Best regards,Jim
It includes the products that were released on pre-pay only a few days ago.....you think that is fair?

It doesn't sound unfair to me. The sale is for current products -- not products that are still in development and will be released in the future.Best regards,Jim
Jim, the products just got released and are included in the sale already at 33% discount, whereas some customers prepaid for them two months back at 15% discount.But guys, this is no longer the main issue; by slapping their customers as selfish and ungrateful and then immediately locking the thread, that has become the bigger issue.

Jim, the products just got released and are included in the sale already at 33% discount, whereas some customers prepaid for them two months back at 15% discount.But guys, this is no longer the main issue; by slapping their customers as selfish and ungrateful and then immediately locking the thread, that has become the much bigger issue.
True....I think people are even more annoyed at the reaction.

True....I think people are even more annoyed at the reaction.
But then again are you surprised... they have never had the best or PR skills..

But then again are you surprised... they have never had the best or PR skills..
I'm really surprised that people are surprised at JV's reaction....he has always shot from the hip so to speak and does not take kindly to any criticism of ORBX.Bryan.

i'm afraid this is typical of all forum owners who want things their way, fairness and free speech and all that mularky is given lip service but that gets deserted once things get aired no matter how genuine or true the offending post is.this is a fact of life and nothing to do with flight sim or orbyx, do folk accept negative or bad comments thrown at them face to face very easily?...nah no chance!!online forums can give an air of respectablity or honesty and fairness but its just a mask.try not to take it personally, orbyx will have no doubt have censored dozens of members.,...flight sim type forums are really quite harsh and unforgiving as a rule

Ah, it could be worse. Aerosoft recently released their Bronco X on the 23rd adding that it would be raised in price in early 2012 due to addition of extra models and some other stuff. Essentially motivating people to buy it now before it will cost you more! Over 400 people purchased it for about €25. The next day they had their full on Christmas sales, everything 25% off, including the Bronco which was then available at about €19. It's nice enough to discount new products as well, but milking the early buyers out of roughly €2400 then dropping the price is just wrong.This kind of stuff happens too often and publishers should keep things like this in mind. Either don't release stuff for full price within a certain number of days before the planned sale or reimburse customers who bought it at a higher price, within reason of course. People who buy stuff at release or prepay for a product are usually the loyal customers, and screwing them over shortly after release will only reflect negatively on the company. Especially if you go around and ban those customers for complaining about getting screwed over :).

And people wonder why PMDG doesn't do these sales... these kind of reactions are exactly why. If we'd put the NGX up at 25% off for Christmas or something like that, people from last August would have been sending in tickets like mad demanding refunds, let alone the people who bought it the day before the sale started, I can guarantee it. It happened when we reduced the 747's price after several years - people from years back were writing in asking for partial refunds. What other industry would people even dream of making a request like that in? If I buy a car and the model two years down the road is less money, do I roll up to the dealership demanding money?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com