Sign in to follow this  
IFR7700

"Discovered" FS2Crew Today

Out of curiosity, more than anything else, I downloaded FS2Crew for the J41. This thing is freakin awesome. Immersive to the max. Can't wait till it's available for the NGX. Now I start all my flights "Cold and Dark" just to use the program more. Using all the check lists. More realistic. My FO is very obediant.Also discovered how far speech recognition has come since the last time I checked it out, oh maybe 15 years ago.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

yea have you got the marshal option (where the guy signals u to start which engine) as well where the guy is in front only trouble with this option u need to be in win mode than after u can switch to full mode

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Doing touch and goes is great fun in the Maddog version. I haven't used it in 10 months but it is still a great program. Can't wait to boss the FO around in the NGX

Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Doing touch and goes is great fun in the Maddog version. I haven't used it in 10 months but it is still a great program. Can't wait to boss the FO around in the NGX
Havnt flown the maddog for awhile guess i have to bring it out soon with fscrew2 of course

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

yea have you got the marshal option (where the guy signals u to start which engine) as well where the guy is in front only trouble with this option u need to be in win mode than after u can switch to full mode
Yes, it was a little different than I expected. It's not an animation, but an actual video clip of a real human. Pretty cool. I always run in windowed mode. Something I read when I was first starting scared me away from full screen mode. I'll have to give it another look.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Once you have discovered FS2Crew, you will never again fly and aircraft that doesn't have it..

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Once you have discovered FS2Crew, you will never again fly and aircraft that doesn't have it.
Exactly!

James Goggi

And this is exactly why I refuse buying the 600/700 or any other add-ons from PMDG, until finally the SDK has been released so Bryan York can FS2Crew finally put out.

I always run in windowed mode. Something I read when I was first starting scared me away from full screen mode. I'll have to give it another look.
Dennis, I know every rig is different, but if I run in fullscreen my framerate increases by about 10% as opposed to window mode! Yes I know, it is often the reverse, but definitely for me fullscreen works.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Well, it is the other way for me. And added benefit of being able to properly use multimonitor is just an added benefit.

I love FS2Crew, even when the FO gets snarky about something that's not my fault. In the past, before I used wind smoothing, huge FS winds would put me over Vmo and I'd get yelled at.

Kyle Rodgers

I always thought the typical situation was that windowed mode got you a little more fps. I seem to remember something about FSINN not liking full screen mode--I always used windowed mode when I flew on VATSIM.

I use Windowed Mode so I can quickly switch to Google Chrome and access my route on SimRoutes. If I use full screen then I have to alt tab, and to get back to FSX once it's been alt tabbed it takes a while...

FS2Crew is awesome! I first tried it with the ifly and fell in love with it. I have yet to try the voice version. I believe both button and voice will be included for the NGX right? Come on SDK!!!At least it will be a short wait after the SDK is released.