Sign in to follow this  
Orbx

Since the cat is out of the bag ...

Wow! Really amazing sudden interest from some of the XPX comminuty to P3D, LM and MS contracts and how they should be handled, interpreted amd understood. P3D has been here for us all to purchase for months on, but why now?

We got the message in your first post, warts and all...lol :(
What did you expect, this is not an internet dating site.

Wow! Really amazing sudden interest from some of the XPX comminuty to P3D, LM and MS contracts and how they should be handled, interpreted amd understood. P3D has been here for us all to purchase for months on, but why now?
MS Flight happened. That's why.

What did you expect, this is not an internet dating site.
I don't know about that. Seems a lot of people are sleeping with different partners now that the honeymoon is over....Money%20Eyes.gif

MS Flight happened. That's why.
Oh that happened! But I have still my souped up FSX, and there is P3D at one possibility so now what? :(

To make a point (and I hope Tom lets me share this, it was made by a customer, not Orbx), here's a video of one of our airports. What we strive to do always is to create a living breathing world, an airport with 'life' and activity, one that makes you want to explore beyond the apron.

Back in 2007 at Devcon in Seattle, I sat down with the core of the ACES team and told them the fundamentally, their new demographic was shifting away from the FMC/airliner crowd, to the explorer VFR crowd, and that Orbx's mission was to appeal to the low and slow explorer market. I did not get any arguments from them and I think they probably seeded that same intent with Flight, although in doing so they have shrunk the whole world into an island.What I am disappointed in is the lost opportunity for Orbx to take their tech and make some very special micro-worlds. These are now things we are doing on older platforms, and we will succeed because there are always ways to make things work ....

Cheers,

John Venema

Orbx_Logo_Avatar.png

will succeed because there are always ways to make things work
Can't argue with the quality of your work, I'm just a little flummoxed at how narrow your vision of flight simulation actually is. Did Austin ask you for money? hehehe

That's some seriously nice work.

Did Austin ask you for money? hehehe
I sometimes get the impression that Austin went on a dog kicking tour, and now everybody's PO'd at him. Edited by Mountain Man

To make a point (and I hope Tom lets me share this, it was made by a customer, not Orbx), here's a video of one of our airports. What we strive to do always is to create a living breathing world, an airport with 'life' and activity, one that makes you want to explore beyond the apron.

Back in 2007 at Devcon in Seattle, I sat down with the core of the ACES team and told them the fundamentally, their new demographic was shifting away from the FMC/airliner crowd, to the explorer VFR crowd, and that Orbx's mission was to appeal to the low and slow explorer market. I did not get any arguments from them and I think they probably seeded that same intent with Flight, although in doing so they have shrunk the whole world into an island.What I am disappointed in is the lost opportunity for Orbx to take their tech and make some very special micro-worlds. These are now things we are doing on older platforms, and we will succeed because there are always ways to make things work ....
Looks Great JV. It would look realy amazing if you had HDR Rendering enabled, Cloud shadows and 3d Clouds enabled ! There is a cash cow waiting for you at XPX as well !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Just saw 2 leaked videos on Youtube, (Probably down now as the poster had 3 up and `1 was already down for Copyright by MS Games) One was of the Stearman which the user (Former Beta Tester) was just doing crazy things with like intentional wing strikes, on the ground fast 180's . It did show it's setup menus which were very simplified, and didn't appear to have a realism settings. The other video was a 2 part takeoff and landing of the Icon. The takeoff video was the one removed. The landing one though the scenery, sky, and water, looks just like FSX, with better shadowing. Also there were no working gauges in the Icon, but it's just a Beta at this point, so I woldn't read aything into that. From what I saw, it looked like FSX with it's guts ripped out, so I don't think we'll be missing anything!!

Edited by tf51d

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Just saw 2 leaked videos on Youtube, (Probably down now as the poster had 3 up and `1 was already down for Copyright by MS Games) One was of the Stearman which the user (Former Beta Tester) was just doing crazy things with like intentional wing strikes, on the ground fast 180's . It did show it's setup menus which were very simplified, and didn't appear to have a realism settings. The other video was a 2 part takeoff and landing of the Icon. The takeoff video was the one removed. The landing one though the scenery, sky, and water, looks just like FSX, with better shadowing. Also there were no working gauges in the Icon, but it's just a Beta at this point, so I woldn't read aything into that. From what I saw, it looked like FSX with it's guts ripped out, so I don't think we'll be missing anything!!
Two videos are still available. There are some nice little features to the game.

Jack Cannon

Can't argue with the quality of your work, I'm just a little flummoxed at how narrow your vision of flight simulation actually is. Did Austin ask you for money? hehehe
Lame. You apparently have no idea what sort of feat it is for a fairly small team to change whole developing architecture and change their focus to a different platform with a lot smaller user base making it a true financial hazard. It is quite nice, though that you are bashing one of the most respected FSX developers of all time. I think you should go and enjoy your plausible world now.Besides, I understand "warts" is that there is something in XP engine that is hindering them. That is not the same as userbase, that ORBX people are clearly stating as another feature of XPX, if I remember correct. Also A2A people are on the same lines. XPX engine is great, I admit, but is it enough for everyone?As A2A representative stated on XPX 10:
However, after seeing it ourselves, it still falls short on too many areas we need. FSX is so well tested at this point and so well engineered for open architecture, we can pretty much do almost whatever we wish using our Accu-Sim module.

Two videos are still available. There are some nice little features to the game.
Yup, just went back to it and they're still there surprisingly! I wonder how MS missed those!! Obiously won't post them here, because Avsim Rules about Beta material, but I'm sure people will be able to find them, if they want to see them. They could be taken down at anytime though! Edited by tf51d

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

But the fact is that the MS Flight folder contains an archive which can be opened by WInRAR and the folders are very similar to previous versions. The changes came to sound and aircraft models. Of course there are many other changes, but they not as big as it looks like.

FCOM if you know this, then you must be a Beta Tester? If so just posting this violates your NDA. If I was you I would remove that post and not talk about it or any other part of Flight again, until and if the NDA is lifted.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.