Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

FLIGHT is GOOD for all simfans

I believe that MS is doing the right things with the free FLIGHT.Take a deep breath and really thing about it1. A new sim is good for the everyone.2. FLIGHT is scalable , both regarding sceneries and airplanes3. FLIGHT is based on a modern 3D engine4. FLIGHT will introduce new simmers to the flightsim arena5. FLIGHT will just be better and better with every new addon6. FLIGHT can be developed further according to the market demands7. FLIGHT will introduce both commercial and free addons8. FLIGHT will grow into the future.

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

1. It's far from being a sim, although there's still enough doubt for those who want to hold on to some scrap of hope.2. Another way to look at this is that it's incomplete, the base package is pathetically small, nothing wrong with DLC expanding on a decent foundation but from what's been shown this is a joke.3. Far from modern although it is one of the best out there for what it does.4. This is always a good thing, I agree with you here.5. Well lets be honest, when you are so low bar there is nowhere to go but up.6. Which market though? the same market that demanded collect-the-coins?7. Where are you getting this info from? From what I've read it will only be expanded with MS "add-ons".8. It will grow, we'll have to see what exactly it grows into, it might just end up being an ugly duckling fairy tale???

Its a good thing its free... that's about as much as its worth IMHO...

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I believe that MS is doing the right things with the free FLIGHT.Take a deep breath and really thing about it1. A new sim is good for the everyone.2. FLIGHT is scalable , both regarding sceneries and airplanes3. FLIGHT is based on a modern 3D engine4. FLIGHT will introduce new simmers to the flightsim arena5. FLIGHT will just be better and better with every new addon6. FLIGHT can be developed further according to the market demands7. FLIGHT will introduce both commercial and free addons8. FLIGHT will grow into the future.
You could say this about SkyDrift, too.

Heh, flight is sounding really useful.Have been getting my six year old to help me with flying the ngx. FSX is still a bit beyond my 3 year old's capabilities, but it sounds like flight will suit her perfectly. She'll probably need an upgrade to a different sim next year though.Hurrah for flight!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I can't help but thinking that if MS never intended to allow 3rd party content, the platform probably was not designed to be a full geared sim to begin with

I am not going to download it unless they add tourist gamemode to it where you can drive around blurry textured roads of Hawaii with some nice car, and add hot looking chicks to its beaches so I have something else to watch than ugly ground textures.

Heh, flight is sounding really useful.Have been getting my six year old to help me with flying the ngx. FSX is still a bit beyond my 3 year old's capabilities, but it sounds like flight will suit her perfectly. She'll probably need an upgrade to a different sim next year though.Hurrah for flight!
Sarcasm?

Guest Id Rather Be Flying
You could say this about SkyDrift, too.
Thanks for the heads up about SkyDrift. That looks like fun on it's own.

I can't help but thinking that if MS never intended to allow 3rd party content, the platform probably was not designed to be a full geared sim to begin with
Which is why we have P3D under our wings.

Per Tom Allensworth's post in another thread, Microsoft will welcome third party developers who don't mind sharing a percentage of the revenue.The one developer invited to the pre-launch party in Redmond said the percentage made developing for Flight a non-starter. You do the math.Microsoft must think that sophisticated add-ons are as easy to make as i-phone aps...Colin

1. It is going to be the Microsoft BOB of Flight Simulators.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Per Tom Allensworth's post in another thread, Microsoft will welcome third party developers who don't mind sharing a percentage of the revenue.The one developer invited to the pre-launch party in Redmond said the percentage made developing for Flight a non-starter.You do the math.Microsoft must think that sophisticated add-ons are as easy to make as i-phone aps...Colin
They don't have the knowledge themselve's to make a decent default aircraft! :(

1. A new sim is good for the everyone. I'll maybe give you that one. Is it a sim?2. FLIGHT is scalable , both regarding sceneries and airplanesOn MS terms only. Want that local airport custom modeled? Ask in their forum.3. FLIGHT is based on a modern 3D engineSame engine with enhancements to take the load off the CPU and more efficiently use the GPU4. FLIGHT will introduce new simmers to the flightsim arenaI'll give you that one too! the Xbox crowd is bound to enjoy at least the freebie download5. FLIGHT will just be better and better with every new addonWith 25-30 free enhancements a day?(That's average total FSX uploads per day among the libraries I check)6. FLIGHT can be developed further according to the market demandsSince when are they gonna take requests and act on them?7. FLIGHT will introduce both commercial and free addonsThe only difference from today is MS alone will control all content8. FLIGHT will grow into the future.IMO, Pipedream...I had high hopes for FS2000 and Vista too...

Guest jahman

After Flight is released, we'll all have to wait and see what add-ons MS will make available. Right now Flight seems little less than an arcade game, but things could change in the future.Perhaps MS itself doesn't know where development will be headed as it watches how fFlight is used, so it behooves us die-hard simmers to use Flight as much as possible (hopefully via a third-party bot so we can run Flight in the backgound) so MS "sees" our "serious use of Flight"· and develops the apps we need.Heck, MS played us (so far) with the press releases, we can play them as well :Big Grin:Cheers,- jahman.

Edited by jahman

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.