Sign in to follow this  
SpeedPilot

Is your PC strictly for Flight Simulator or do you play other games on it?

Do some of you people here play other games besides Flight Simulator on your PC? Reason why I ask is because I can imagine that if a person has so much hardware specifically for Flight Simulator like rudder pedals, yokes, throttles, swtich panels, and insturment panels, I can imagine it being a hassle to move that stuff of the way if they want to play another game on that same PC. Do some of you just do the rest of your gaming on consoles because of this reason or do some of you have a Flight Simulator rig and a 2nd rig for general gaming that you do the rest of your gaming on, or do some of you don't care for other games besides Flight Simulator?

Hi Speed,Interesting question! I have 1 rig for all atm. I play games and simulators on the same pc. I do have another pc but its not that good for what fsx demands and if it did i would build myself a cockpit cause atm I 'm using the Saiteck x52 set :Thinking:.regards,Shadowzy

I cannot play anything else, since it is very difficult to reach the mouse or keyboard... Too much stuff aroundMy wife drives a racing car on Yoke + rudder from time to time.

Only fsx and MW3 for me.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

I do it all on 1 PC. I have a yoke and throttle that is pretty quick to setup or take down so its not 2 much of a hassle.

Christopher Edwards

Lots of other things... other games such as Battlefield 3, Portal 2, Half life 2 series, many other older games. I also use it for MS Office programs, internet browsing, listening to music etc etc.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

FS9 only. Seriously upgrading at this time, so FSX soon.You mean to say there are other games out there? Who woulda thunk.Bob

FSX mainly but i do have train simulator 2012 on it which i use once or twice a week.

Chris Howard

Games? :huh: What games? I don't play any games on this computer, just an awesome Flight simulator program (FSX) and possibly (can not confirm or deny) another one (not just a game either) that I am not permitted to discuss, talk about, or refer to! Big%20Grin.gifKind regards,

Edited by SpiritFlyer

I have one PC - i7 950 which has 2 windows 7 64 installations. 1 for gaming and 1 for FSX. In my gaming install I disable all my usb hardware controls and in the FSX install I disable the 360 controller. The advantage of running 2 separate win 7 installations is I don't have to worry about updating Nvidia drivers for the games and causing probs with FSX.My laptop is for software dev/emails/internet/films/music etc and my ipad is for internet/films/silly games/reading books.When ivy bridge comes out I will be building a PC purely for FSX with the latest hardware and the current i7 950 will be a gaming only machine.I spend a lot of money on Steam games when they are on sale. I must have around 40 or so that I have not even looked at yet!

Edited by graham3278

Well where do we start with mine. It is mainly FSX, but also plays F1 2011, BF3, MW3, Train Sim 2012 and minesweper. Also used for social media stuff, internets, homework. IMO, i would call it a high performance family PC as the family do have their own log on.

Well where do we start with mine. It is mainly FSX, but also plays F1 2011, BF3, MW3, Train Sim 2012 and minesweper. Also used for social media stuff, internets, homework. IMO, i would call it a high performance family PC as the family do have their own log on.
Hows that overclock working out for ya on minesweeper? Any FPS increase? :)