Sign in to follow this  
captainjensen

v5 still in development?

Hi,I'm not here to yell and ask when is the release date.But just like many others I am curious to know if v5 is still underway or is it ditched?regards very happy RC fan

Hi,I'm not here to yell and ask when is the release date.But just like many others I am curious to know if v5 is still underway or is it ditched?regards very happy RC fan
Pretty much anything regarding RC5 is left unanswered, even the blog has been taken down, so one can only imagine. Hope its still on though.

I hope its still going ahead...been waiting ages for rcv5.

Chris Howard

But if it's not, why they just don't tell people that it probably won't happen?
There is no 'they'. JD is the developer and I am a member of the beta team. We have a moral duty not to disclose any information. Only JD can tell you about v5 development, sorry. Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi,As a happy radar contact user since V3, I've read various posts like this one with high interest over the past months. I'd appreciate JD's details as well heheI'm sure JD is working at it, and we'll know more about it when he decides so. Either he wants to have more to say until he shows off, or he wants to be closer to release, or he may even want to see MS Flight out until he decides what to do with the V5.Until these posts remain like this, I hope he doesn't take it wrong but just feels his customers support and interest in future version !:-)

Sebastien BELLUTEAU

A question:I bought today RC 4.3. Now, I can update to 5.0 (when it is launched) free of charge ?If not, I will get the refund and I´ll waiting the new release.

Mauricio Graziani

A question:I bought today RC 4.3. Now, I can update to 5.0 (when it is launched) free of charge ?If not, I will get the refund and I´ll waiting the new release.
Told along time ago that v5.0 would not be a free upgrade and you will be waiting for alooooong time, How long ago was v5.0 even mentioned? 2006? Edited by ohsirus

There is no 'they'. JD is the developer and I am a member of the beta team. We have a moral duty not to disclose any information. Only JD can tell you about v5 development, sorry.
I have question though, I am thinking to purchase RC 4.3 - first time buyer (i am a fs9 user), but if u guys are working on v5 should i wait or will you guys offer a complimentary upgrade path from current version to new version ?thanks
Told along time ago that v5.0 would not be a free upgrade and you will be waiting for alooooong time, How long ago was v5.0 even mentioned? 2006?
oops i didn't see ur post ... if thts the case, then i'll wait i guess.

Bilal Asif Khan

I have question though, I am thinking to purchase RC 4.3 - first time buyer (i am a fs9 user), but if u guys are working on v5 should i wait or will you guys offer a complimentary upgrade path from current version to new version ?
I asked myself the same question years ago. :biggrin:Just buy RC4.

Hi.

Just buy RC4.
Yes, do. You won't be disappointed.A lot of folks aren't expecting Version 5 anytime soon. I'm not certain but I suspect it's because Radar Contact isn't JD's (or any of the beta team's) day job.On the subject of the 'upgrade', a discount would be nice but the change from V4.xx to V5.xx implies, as a standard in the software industry, a major rebuild, what Wikipedia calls a significant change in functionality, not just a bug-fix or upgrade so expecting it free is rather like wanting FSX free because I once bought FS9...Kind regards,Dave Edited by Dave_Morgan

Told along time ago that v5.0 would not be a free upgrade and you will be waiting for alooooong time, How long ago was v5.0 even mentioned? 2006?
I bought RC4 in 2006. So it's been at least 5 years. In fact, I relocated my family in 2007 and my real life flying and simming took a hiatus for a few years. I just jumped back in, and I was shocked and amazed that the same version 4.3 that I was using in early 2007. As mentioned, there is no obligation to put out a v5, but it would be nice to know whether or not the thing is a fantasy. Have there been any previews at all in 5 years?