Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Secret Project #1: This one is a classic!

Hi Folks, This was my first big airplane to fly back in the sixty's . I was a flight engineer on the DC7 [Airlift International] . We were flying cargo West Coast to Viet Nam. Looking forward to the release. JerryF.
And there where lots of them, but today.... :-)Some work needed.http://www.oldprops.ukhome.net/DC6%20Photographs.htmEric

Full breakfast, unhurried, with elegance and education ............ well done.

ATO VATMEX director, VATNA P1-P2 instructor (spanish), VATSIM 897455, more than 9000 hrs flight.

Just wondering what kind of navigation systems are simulated on the Douglas? Back in those days airlines carried real navigators and navigation is performed using Sextants, astro compasses, four course (A-N) radio range and LORAN (DECCA?) Will PMDG even try to simulate these stuff?

Can anyone tell me how responsive to throttle input those radial piston engines are compared to turboprops?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Robert,Given the fact your friendly with the guys over at A2A and this new Project line, would it not be a great idea to do a joined project with them?Acu-sim PMDG.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

So what is a failures module? Forgive my ignorance but comparing this to the NGX would that be service based failures, concequence based or timed/random. I would think timed/random should be implemented, like every 10 hours like how it can be on the other PMDG aircraft. Service based would be even better. I certaintly hope some kind of failures system will be implemented. I enjoy long flights with these aircraft and after 100 or so hours it starts getting boring unless you know something might go wrong over the middle of the ocean, at night, in IMC, in turbulence, while your in the back with the stewardesses. Notice I did not say flight attendant, that would be an insult on a DC6!

It's the whole service-based failures, along with the triggered failures.Consequence is what was in the JS4100, and they didn't have a failures mode in that. I think I explained it in more detailed in an earlier post in this thread.

Kyle Rodgers

Christopher,Once the radials are warm and the oil has circulated and temperatures are "in the green", well, the fastest aircraft for years at Reno Air Races have often been radial powered beauties such as Rare Bear and others. I can tell you that when you take a handful of throttle (4 in my case) and dial up 10,000 HP (Wright 3350-24WA - Two stage supercharged, non-turbo'd, non-PRT) and when you dial up 15,000 HP (3350-95's on the CP-107 Argus, the Civil Variants were TC18DA's and EA's ) on the Turbo compound beasts the response is quite immediate.

Guys, just noticed Just Flight have released a DC6B from Aeroplane Heaven.Although it is a fair representation, It certainly does not look as detailed and polished product as the PMDG version will be. The vc looks pretty poor compared to the PMDG screenies I have seen so far...Typical....you wait ages for a bus then two come along at once! As always...I will be waiting for the PMDG version to be released, I hate making do with second best!

Rgds, Shaun

I'm not a fan of this bird but will purchase it for the sole reason of supporting PMDG.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Thanks so much! I always hoped we would one day see a vintage plane with the PMDG treatment, this is a dream come true! Now I only wish someone could do an ultra realistic Caravelle (but I won't hold my breath blum.gif).

This looks fantastic! Right up my alley too. When I'm not flying PMDG heavies, I regularly fly old, rattling props. These classics give you a whole different side to the sim that even the greatest PMDG heavy really cant, and I think if some of you "not my cup of tea"ers really give it a good shot, you too will bounce back and forth as I do. For as many hours I spend in the MD-11, I start to crave exactly this type of flying. Last bout took me on a several week cross country tour on a Lockheed Constellation, and when I finally landed in Long Beach, back to JFK on the MD-11. It's like the perfect bite of the greatest meal! As far as I'm concerned PMDG can throw in as many rotary piston AVGAS suckers as they like. Hopefully a tail dragger or two are coming down the road. Keep it up and keep it diverse, doing just fine the way you are. And as always, THANKS!

Bill Howard

pmdg_trijet.jpg