Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Secret Project #1: This one is a classic!

This looks fantastic. I love the old radial birds. I hope this is the first of.... several, if not many! :( Would love to see a DC-7C too, so I can do some BOAC routes in the real airplane! Looking forward to this immensely.

Ian Pearse

Old pilots never die, they just taxy off to a distant parking spot....

Been practising a few procedures using the Calclassics DC-6 in FSX. Trying to get a bit of a head start before release !

RSR.. Please read the first letter of each line... He is not disappointed....
Fred-Dang... Busted. Didn't even notice that....I should ban him for exceeding my creativitiy threshold. :((and we'll put you on Double Secret Forum Probation for colluding with him! ahahahaha)
It was sort of a joke, sorry if it didn't work as planned. I did read the opening post and knew you guys wanted to not have to deal with people pestering you on release dates, so I had figured I would throw it in semi-subliminally as a sort of joke.The post isn't supposed to be taken seriously, I just needed some way of getting the lines to have the right order, and there needed to be a question mark at the very end.
Aaron-ahahahahahahFred pointed it out- and the egg is on my face. I wasn't paying close enough attention to your comment about formatting.You got me. :((Moderators: Watch his every move... he looks like the kinda guy who will try to get away with the PMDG stamped silverware!)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Stunning! Absolutely gorgeous. But I seem to have missed something everyone else already knows. Will it be available in FS9? Otherwise.....sorry PMDG, I'll wait for the X-plane version.

Supporter.png

John

This will be my first PMDG product. I absolutely love it!Slightly off topic (or is it?)Check www.dc2-fs.com for more Douglas radials, almost as good as yours B)Cheers, Rob"UIVER" Team

Edited by robcap

http://dc2-fs.com

sigimavsim.JPG

Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.

No DC3 without the DC2

I got my new PC today, ready for it.. you can release it now..Oh, for you guys, check the episodes of Ice Pilots NWT, to get an idea of the failures you encouter everyday with big radials..

Hi,in order to prepare yourself for the release of this wonderful aircraft you can download a 490 page strong Douglas C-118 Flight Manual (C-118 is the military designation for the civilian DC-6) at the 'The Vietnam Center and Archive':Flight Manual: USAF Series C-118A and VC-118A Aircraft (Sections 1-4)Flight Manual: USAF Series C-118A and VC-118A Aircraft (Sections 5-9 and Appendices)I'm really looking forward to the beautiful PMDG DC-6 :( GreetingsTim

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

This will be my first PMDG product. I absolutely love it!Slightly off topic (or is it?)Check www.dc2-fs.com for more Douglas radials, almost as good as yours B)Cheers, Rob"UIVER" Team
Rob is right the "UIVER" DC2 is great and I think all the profits from it's sale go towards the upkeep of this plane.

PMDG is doing a DC6B .... :( :( :wub:You know - I have hundreds of hours in those lovely calclassic propliners... for me there is something to operating propliners that jets simply don't have !And as much as I love and admire the freeware propliners available at calclassic for their outside looks and their phantastic flight models, the flight deck graphics of course cannot compete with what modern payware addons can offer.My dream was PMDG doing a Douglas or Lockheed propliner one day for modern graphics and systems completeness - expected the likelihood of this coming true to exactly ZERO, though !And now I drop in here and realize that the likelihood changed from zero to 100 % :Shocked:And since you talk about a line of products there even is a likelihood that we one day may see a PMDG DC-3, "Seven Seas" or Super Conny ?!?Getting out my print of fsaviator's Propliner tutorial to get ready and encouraging everybody to go to calclassic and download it too - you learn A LOT about what makes operating propliners so different from jets !You made my day - looking forward to release :Peace:Albert Martin(euphoric fanboyman)

Couldn't agree more Albert.I've been going through the propliner tutorial downloaded from calclassic - a really good read that I would recommend to all you future DC-6 Captains !

Robert,You and the Team have done it!As a person who is endorsed on (no longer current) and flown one of the largest 4 engine radial powered, fire breathing, "OMG I think we're going to calve an engine!", "Grand Old Ladies" still in fine operating form on the planet (without a hell of a lot of grey hair to boot), and who has a love of technology as much as the next geek (makes my living in aviation SMS software and aviation safety) I could not disagree more with those who can't get excited about wielding a 4 engine radial beast around the patch! I've got jet trainer/ground attack time, 4 engine turboprop time (fastest on the planet), and gone supersonic....yet once you've felt, touched and lived with a powerplant that speaks to you and lets you know every bump in the road (and in the beginning, had a bloody "hockey puck" gyro to screw a person's SA up big time after coming off a glass cockpit....Well...It's like going to Oshkosh...if you haven't yet made a pilgrimmage to Mecca then you haven't really tasted aviation baby! Well done PMDG...With your Deep Sea 10, your 74 400 and your NGX 600-900 I couldn't say thank you enough already for boldly going to a place A2A is (and I have that too ;-) for those of us who know aviation is more than two blows...Four screws of smoke and thunder makes the heart pump....

Edited by blackbird80k

Hi Folks,This was my first big airplane to fly back in the sixty's . I was a flight engineer on the DC7 [Airlift International] . We were flying cargo West Coast to Viet Nam.Looking forward to the release.JerryF.

Have you ever known us to make aircraft systems that don't work right? Systems that work right are sort of our MO here...
Not for a second! On the contrary, my question is more about the exact level of underlying detail. Another way of thinking about it is this; the modern aircraft the PMDG team usually does are very precise machines - there's a reason for those fancy computers and automated systems. The result is that, generally speaking, modern aircraft are very systematic and precise. They respond to things the same way every time. By comparison, older aircraft, or aircraft with less automation, are not like this. Flying my instructor's C140, the engine is never quite the same each time - one day the carb heat might cut me down by 150 rpm, the other it's only 50 or so (similar temperatures). A2A prides itself on this deep-level immersion, and while I understand Robert's initial post mentioned PMDG would not be doing some things such as the maintenance or career mode type things, I am wondering if PMDG is planning for this sort of immersion and is going to program in these kinds of irregularities and idiosyncrasies. Speaking of Rob...
(Moderators: Watch his every move... he looks like the kinda guy who will try to get away with the PMDG stamped silverware!)
You have PMDG stamped silverware for me to steal? I mean for me to admire with my eyes and not touch or do anything with? Edited by LGM118