Sign in to follow this  
adr179

FSrealWX lite - it keeps it's promises

Should be SP2 without acceleration, I couldn't install my legit copy of FSX since I had installed it "too many times" and the key had run out, so I had to find a crack of sorts online and patch it up like that, I did download and install SP2 though.Is there any way to verify that FSX is running SP2?

Ah, I see, well when I try to load the wx into FSX, the option in the menu is grayed out, not letting me install it into it.. what do you think the problem is?
You might push the "Start" button on the top to let FSrealWX fetch the newest METAR data. Then it should load the weather in FSX as soon as the flight has been started.Btw. If someone is uisng their newest 1.01.1291 build, you can try out the "Auto" mode for the weather station. I used it for an 5 hour flight from Orlando to Phoenix and it worked very good. No fast or contraty wind changes and an overall shorter weather loading.

Sorry, no help for a cracked version of FS.

Ok, well it's Sp2, and I try and push start inside FSrealwx lite, but it does say "not connected" at the bottom tab.

Ok, well it's Sp2, and I try and push start inside FSrealwx lite, but it does say "not connected" at the bottom tab.
Is FSX running? If you have FSUIPC installed, you can also use that. Just change it in the "Options" tab.

Steffen,Why are you helping someone with a cracked version of FSX?

Steffen,Why are you helping someone with a cracked version of FSX?
I wasn't sure whether it's really cracked. I thought it could be something else.

so I had to find a crack of sorts online

Hi there, I downloaded the latest version of FSrealWX from the forums. Everything seems to be working well. Its a good thing that according to my process bar manager that its only eating approximately 1000kb of my RAM. However after I started running this software, it seems to cause a memory leak to my fsx. With my normal FSX flight running alone, it usually take up about 1.5GB of ram at the most. But now im only left with slightly less than 1GB (out of my 3GB ram). Is it a possible cause of memory leak? I have done the tweaks by bojote previously and all work well until i install this. I'm now kinda scared of OOM errors with the current memory that I have,

Very awesome. With METAR + Wind aloft + Auto update + FPL calculation, it is professional enough to make any flight and calculate fuel accurately (with calculated average headwind). Thanks for the developers for this freeware. Completely cool!

Just want to say kudos and thank you to the mods... The user admitting he was using an illegal version of software now shows banned after being reported to the mods.Kudos to the mods, nice to see, thank you very much!-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Personally, although I think he was 'silly' for stating it in public, I think this treament was harsh. He already stated he has a legit copy and we SHOULD be giving him the benifit of doubt.I have previously done EXACTLY what he's done because MS couldn't get their **** together for over a week when I was trying one time.If a few more were honest here, they would say the same.and i know because they've told me!Back on topic...I also LOVE this little program. I didn't install ASE for ages, then discovered what I'd been missing, but this little baby seems to do it even better.

Personally, although I think he was 'silly' for stating it in public, I think this treament was harsh. He already stated he has a legit copy and we SHOULD be giving him the benifit of doubt.
+1
I also LOVE this little program. I didn't install ASE for ages, then discovered what I'd been missing, but this little baby seems to do it even better.
It's brilliant isn't it. I've been using it since it was first released. Great to see the developer responding so rapidly to customer requests. I've ditched ASE now. Too much of a resource hog and the weather results are not as realistic as FSrealWX lite IMHO.Adam

I wont didtch ASE. It does a whole load of stuff that FSrealWX doesn't. I just use it differently now.