Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Anyone interested in a precision manual? You're gonna get one with SP1c!

Has anyone in this thread stepped back to actually look at what's going on here?Stop and read what you've written. Some people in here sound like sputtering, whining children.Stop complaining.As I always say, they don't owe us anything, unless it's in support of making the product usable. Is the new tutorial required to fly the plane? No. Is the SP? No.So...23304_109464545758108_278_n.jpg

Edited by scandinavian13

Kyle Rodgers

Thing is the sdk was stated as finished in November, tutorial was stated as finished last week, the sp was also stated as complete by Robert, with delays now being due to internal software updates and installer software, which was all great information given by the team. The final information was that all was pretty much done with that by reference the "soon" statement. Another weekend drifts by with no comment from the team to say why soon had not yet come. Its not the length of delay, time taken to sort whatever it is, it's the communication that leads readers to think that something is imminent, soon is not weeks in my book, my boss certainly wouldn't appreciate my use of the term only to give him the work months later.As stated also the sdk is what many are wanting, other than fs2crew, there many other developments that will make use of the SDK and ssd much to the use of the ngx. But for me, and as been the main reason that all other PMDG products get shelved and replaced by the leveld 767 is the sdk opens up support for hardware properly, which in m view turns any sim, regardless of its systems depth, graphics etc, from a simtoy havng to use my mouse and keyboard, to a proper sim that I can control correctly with hardware, and not scrambling for click spots with my mouse whilst handling etc. it's why I'm looking forward to seeing the queen updated with an sdk.So for me the fixes will be nice, the tutorial will be good to expand my knowledge, but the sdk is what will allow me to fly the ngx even better and more realistically. I'm happy to wait, just rather then information that came out was more descriptive, factual, and regular. I'm happily half way round my second round the world trip in the ngx, so a good few thousands of miles to go yet before I make it to Eham to start up with the tutorial, just ask that pmdg think a little more about the frequency and content of the information they put out.Of course they coud be just waiting for the flight release, and release the same day, to put the point across to Microsoft that people want a sim not a game.

Thing is the sdk was stated as finished in November, tutorial was stated as finished last week, the sp was also stated as complete by Robert, with delays now being due to internal software updates and installer software, which was all great information given by the team. The final information was that all was pretty much done with that by reference the "soon" statement. Another weekend drifts by with no comment from the team to say why soon had not yet come. Its not the length of delay, time taken to sort whatever it is, it's the communication that leads readers to think that something is imminent, soon is not weeks in my book, my boss certainly wouldn't appreciate my use of the term only to give him the work months later.As stated also the sdk is what many are wanting, other than fs2crew, there many other developments that will make use of the SDK and ssd much to the use of the ngx. But for me, and as been the main reason that all other PMDG products get shelved and replaced by the leveld 767 is the sdk opens up support for hardware properly, which in m view turns any sim, regardless of its systems depth, graphics etc, from a simtoy havng to use my mouse and keyboard, to a proper sim that I can control correctly with hardware, and not scrambling for click spots with my mouse whilst handling etc. it's why I'm looking forward to seeing the queen updated with an sdk.So for me the fixes will be nice, the tutorial will be good to expand my knowledge, but the sdk is what will allow me to fly the ngx even better and more realistically. I'm happy to wait, just rather then information that came out was more descriptive, factual, and regular. I'm happily half way round my second round the world trip in the ngx, so a good few thousands of miles to go yet before I make it to Eham to start up with the tutorial, just ask that pmdg think a little more about the frequency and content of the information they put out.Of course they coud be just waiting for the flight release, and release the same day, to put the point across to Microsoft that people want a sim not a game.
+1

8, 9, 10 days, over years of developments, is a time that can be considered "soon".The word soon is relative and is not defined, so you cannot arguing that soon is over.PMDG already told all the things we must know about.1) the tutorial is finished and will be included in the sp1c2) the sp1c is under beta testing, so, there is no clear date for when the tests finish and if the sp1c will pass the tests without needing mods3) the sp1c will prepare the NGX for the sdk support.Release either one of them without the others will result in multiple patch. I don't know you, but it is a bit annoying to download all patches until an eventually sp1Z followed by sp2A to Z.4) From the first announcement (04 feb) of the sp1c the team added some fixes to other bugs, the latest support ticket I sent with a positive answer about a fix included on the sp1c was dated 13 Feb, I don't know if they continued or not to add fixes or moved to the sp release.For me, from Feb 13, to Feb 28, or 29, the time passing from the last known fix added, to today, can be considered VERY SOON.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Why can't we just ignore the whiners? Pretending that they're not there is the best way. If they get any kind of response, they'll keep doing it.

SP1b seems to work pretty good for me. Is there a real need for SP1c in terms of usability? or is it just that people want the manual and SDK (or more exact, what will come with the SDK, read that as FS2Crew).

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Has anyone in this thread stepped back to actually look at what's going on here?Stop and read what you've written. Some people in here sound like sputtering, whining children.Stop complaining.As I always say, they don't owe us anything, unless it's in support of making the product usable. Is the new tutorial required to fly the plane? No. Is the SP? No.So...23304_109464545758108_278_n.jpg
A post complaining about people complaining. These never get old.Kyle take your own advice and stop being a backseat moderator here.
Still, it's PMDG's decision and all we can do is respect that.
We can accept or live with a decision, but we don't have to respect it or agree with it.

maybe they need a seperate thread for people for complaing

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

It seems some think that harping and showing frustration/impatience is going to yield an expedited action on something that is securely anchored by legal restraints. Wether the SDK is done or not, PMDG has to secure their Intelectual property sufficiently. I would act no differently in this situation.The NGX is (in my opinion) their flagship product as of late. And not to mention one hell of a meal ticket lol! Ensuring the closure of all (loopholes) can be a lenghtly process. So, to ensure that PMDG continues to give us all the top end products they do, keeping their butts covered is priority #1!

Sorry, I was meaning it, and it is something that do not affect the ngx usage, so there is no immediate need.
Andrea, maybe you don't have FS2Crew, if you had it, you would understand that it affects a lot the ngx usage, because I have never seen a 737 being driven by only one pilot (and don't think it would be allowed), while FS2Crew puts a first officer to your right side...

James Goggi

Have you used flight sim planes without fs2crew? I think yes, and the NGX is one of them, have you troubles in making flights alone? I can do an entire flight from C&D to C&D, as most of us can do in fs world.fs2crew is an improvement, not a must have.PMDG is working hard for their products, more than other developers, and here they are attacked because the "soon" they say is not the "soon" someone want.The sdk is done, will be released, so fs2crew can be used, this is a fact. is it so impossible to wait few days?

Regards

Andrea Daviero

fs2crew is an improvement, not a must have.....they are attacked because the "soon" they say is not the "soon" someone want.
See...I say it is a must have.I like realism, and flying without an FO isn't very realistic.Also, they said "soon" back in 2011. Exactly what is their definition of "soon" I'll never know.I think people were wanting something that wasn't 6+ months "soon."But hey, all we can do is wait, and wait.....and wait....

Just curious, for how many years you are simmer? What simulator you used before FSX? How many airplane you have without FS2CREW? Were you unable to fly them?Flight simulators for pcs were always single pilot, this from the 90s, now, with the new technologies it could be used for multi crew or "assisted" by the computer itself. But if were able to fly it without FS2crew, it means that it is an optional.Imagine if fs2crew was not developed by its team, were you still sayng that it is a must have to fly it?It is unreal to fly alone, it is also unreal to let the simulator pause, to inhibit crashes, to use accelerated time and so on... but they are all used. But a copilot is a must have... I don't understand.Yes, we must wait, that's all. They said that will be released, it will be.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Just curious, for how many years you are simmer? What simulator you used before FSX? How many airplane you have without FS2CREW? Were you unable to fly them?Flight simulators for pcs were always single pilot, this from the 90s, now, with the new technologies it could be used for multi crew or "assisted" by the computer itself. But if were able to fly it without FS2crew, it means that it is an optional.Imagine if fs2crew was not developed by its team, were you still sayng that it is a must have to fly it?It is unreal to fly alone, it is also unreal to let the simulator pause, to inhibit crashes, to use accelerated time and so on... but they are all used. But a copilot is a must have... I don't understand.Yes, we must wait, that's all. They said that will be released, it will be.
Andrea. No i'm not going to complain about waiting, but i have to say i think you are missing the point. Yes simulation was not as good as it is now. Yes we all flew large multi-crew jets with one pilot. the point is most or all of the guys posting on this forum are looking for the most realism they can get. After all, why did you buy the PMDG NGX?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

That's not the point. One point is the simulation of the aircraft, another is the simulation of a FO. Completely different things. The second one has nothing to do with the NGX except for the needed SDK, a thing that has already done by the team, and if all of us are still waiting it, is not for a pmdg error, but for legal issues.Now, legal issues are solved, the team is now testing the package and it will released soon as stated in the first post..And, just for clarity, if you need a speech recognition system able to command your flight sim (every aircraft, including the default ones) there are other softwares. They are not first officers, but still helps you.PS: Just curious about the virtual FO... he will be able to solve failures or take correct actions or correct a wrong commander command?Or will just execute some pre-recorded items? A bit limited... a speech recognition software able to execute custom commands does its job. And without SDK.

Regards

Andrea Daviero