Sign in to follow this  
Mean Aerodynamic Chord

UTX USA vs. GEX North America

if you mention which airport you are talking about i could post a screenshot so you could decide if it's going to solve your issue.
That would be great!! im%20Not%20Worthy.gif ICAO: KIWS IATA: IWSYou have both UTX & GTX, right?Also, how are they on frames? Edited by linux731

UTX and GEX are made for one another IMHO. My system is ancient, but manages quite well with both installed (and NGX or Superbug). UTX has quite a number of adjustments you can make, without giving up too much, to keep things smooth running. I recommend both.

I'd go UTX first. You'll notice more with it then GEX I think. The night lighting especially.

I'd go UTX first. You'll notice more with it then GEX I think. The night lighting especially.
Agreed.

if you mention which airport you are talking about i could post a screenshot so you could decide if it's going to solve your issue.cheers-andy crosby
Very nice idea, Andy!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

UTX & GEX combined: Here's a pic at duskKIWS.jpg And here's one during the dayKIWS_Day.jpg And one moreKIWS_VC.jpg

Edited by BAW435

\Robert Hamlich/

ICAO: KIWS
here ya go. just a few looks around the area. this is with both utx/gex.cheers-andy crosby

OMFG!!!! :( :( :(It looks exactly like West Houston in real life... I mean, Andy's first picture is excellent. It shows the lake in front of runway 15, and it also shows the trees. On Robert's first night picture, it shows how it actually is in real life.Now let me ask you one thing, Flight 1 has a refund policy, right? So in case one doesn't work or something I can return it? Also, which one does the actual texturing that gives it the trees, lake, etc.?

If I had to chose one, I would go with UTX, because it is almost impossible to duplicate with freeware. While GEX is excellent, there were freeware texture replacements done when FSX first came out (before GEX) and that will get rid of the worst of the straw-colored "desert" look. But longer term GEX NA and a mesh product such as FSG US make US flying very nice, unless you really prefer photo-scenery.scott s..

What does KSMX look like. I've been on the fence about these two products becuase I was using tileproxy now blue sky for my California flying. I like flying over things I know and being able to follow actual landmarks. My problem is the terrain mesh. Really flat everywhere. Which one makes the terrain better? Can someone post a pic of a few airports in California?

huge improvements .. cant believe I dont have those yet. The night lighting looks as good as XPX.

What does KSMX look like. I've been on the fence about these two products becuase I was using tileproxy now blue sky for my California flying. I like flying over things I know and being able to follow actual landmarks. My problem is the terrain mesh. Really flat everywhere. Which one makes the terrain better? Can someone post a pic of a few airports in California?
HelloNeither of these two, for that you need some good mesh from FSGenesis or FSGlobal
Also, which one does the actual texturing that gives it the trees, lake, etc.?
HelloUTX is positioning the lake, rivers and roads GEX is handling the Autogen and textures, you really need both.

Oh ok, now next question: Do both of them cover Alaska and Hawaii? I see UTX was in development of a new Alaska only one, but I don't want to buy yet another pack. Which one do you have? Do you also have the Alaska?

Do both of them cover Alaska and Hawaii?
HelloFrom the Flight1 GEX north america product page, which I am surprised you have not read if you are interested in buying this.Some of the main features of Ground Environment X:
  • Complete coverage of the USA and Canada (including Alaska).
  • 1m/pixel - 1024 x 1024 Texture Size - Hand Crafted To extreme Detail.
  • High Performance, extreme density and perfectly aligned autogen.
  • Realistic custom designed night textures.
  • All seasons including snowy winter.
  • Textures derived from licensed Arial and Satellite imagery.

For UTX there are three products needed if you want continuous coverage as far north as AlaskaHere is the UTX NA page, http://www.sceneryso...ut_fsx_usa.htmlHere is the UTX Alaska page, http://www.sceneryso...UltAlaskaX.htmlHere is the UTX Canada page, http://www.sceneryso...ut_fsx_can.html

Edited by mad dog