Sign in to follow this  
Habejom

VERT PATH FULL

David,"but to be honest, I'll be training with the FMC to get competent with it over the next 3 months! and there is so much to the sim beyond that, just take your time and do the Service Pack the way you want it without rushing."Sound like, because of your personal training time frame, you are personally giving PMDG 3 months (or more) to finish up on the SP1c.

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

David,What did you initially enter into the the FMC for the route?Was it e.g. CORoute generated by a flight planner program with SID and STAR ... or without SID AND STAR, just the route waypoints?Or did you finger poke the whole route into the FMC?I would like to test using your exact data and data entry steps.

Best Regards,

Vonmar,Actually, yes, it was just my own personal situation about the time frame. I do realize that there are many many others who have already gotten to the point where they have been involved for some time and need the new content, I guess it was perhaps just a little too much of my enthusiasm over something new coming thru :) Apologies as it actually sounded more flippant than I intended it too...On the flightplan I actually entered it in manually from jetway, sectional, approach and departure plates I found on the net as well as portions of other recorded flightplans I found (jetways from one way point to the next that themselves contained other waypoints) I don't even know if it makes sense as a logical flight plan, but I just made sure it was relatively straight, made sense departing SFO, and intercepted an actual STAR to the active at KORD. I'm one of the 99% I think that knows just enough about commercial aviation to be dangerous! :)I use Ultimate Traffic 2 set to 100% number of commercial flights too and KORD sure gets BUSY! :)

Edited by dho112

David Obando

Home Airport KSFO
System: Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2, Intel I9-13900KS Watercooled, Asus Maximus Z690 Extreme Motherboard, 32 Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600, ASUS RTX 4090 OC Edition, 4Tb NVME m.2 Array (2Tb x 2), Aorus FV43U 43" Display (144Mhz), Corsair Ax1600i powersupply, Marvel AQC107 10Gb Network adaptor, Comcast 1Gb Internet Service, Corsair 7000D Airflow Case 7x140mm, 4x120mm cooling fans.

Vonmar,Actually, yes, it was just my own personal situation about the time frame. I do realize that there are many many others who have already gotten to the point where they have been involved fir some time and need the new content, I guess it was perhaps just a little too much of my enthusiasm over something new coming thru :) Apologies as it actually sounded more flippant than I intended it too...On the flightplan I actually entered it in manually from jetway, sectional, approach and departure plates I found on the net as well as portions of other recorded flightplans I found (jetways from one way point to the next that themselves contained other waypoints) I don't even know if it makes sense as a logical flight plan, but I just made sure it was relatively straight, made sense departing SFO, and intercepted an actual STAR to the active at KORD. I use Ultimate Traffic 2 set to 100% number of commercial flights too and KORD sure gets BUSY! :)
Try to remember to sign your posts ..If you write down your data entry steps on your next flight we could follow up.

Best Regards,

I just received the error while trying to use the FRDMM1 STAR at KDCA.  The 'cure' was to remove a couple of the altitude/speed restrictions in the LEGS page.  After removing 2, the message went away.  Any ideas on a better solution?  My route was:  SEA J90 MWH HLN DPR MCW JOT J30 BUCKO FRDMM1.  

I highly doubt the real NGX restricts using this STAR...

I just received the error while trying to use the FRDMM1 STAR at KDCA. The 'cure' was to remove a couple of the altitude/speed restrictions in the LEGS page. After removing 2, the message went away. Any ideas on a better solution? My route was: SEA J90 MWH HLN DPR MCW JOT J30 BUCKO FRDMM1.

I highly doubt the real NGX restricts using this STAR...

I don't think there's a solution, but a quick search brought up this:

http://forum.avsim.net/index.php?/topic/388644-Anyone-know-what-"Vertical-Path-Full"-error-means?/page__view__findpost__p__2498751

Regards

Oli

Oliver Branaschky

I hate to resurrect old threads.  Tonight, I'm flying DTW-DCA and I'm having the same exact error on the FRDMM2 arrival into DCA. 

I, like DVA238, also hate to revive old threads, but the FRDMM3 arrival into DCA causes this error as well.

KSTL - KDCA via JHART3 CREEP J80 AIR J34 BUCKO FRDMM3

With just the arrival inputted (runway 01 transition), the error appears instantly.

I just did a flight last night from KSTL - KDCA using the same route as above and had no errors at all.

Dave

Dave Paige

Agree with Dave, this comes up about every blue moon.  The error message is almost always due to not having the information in the FMS that it needs to resolve the vertical path. Reason vary, but it's never been shown to be the fault of the navdata or the aircraft.

Dan Downs KCRP