Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

That Day Has Arrived

About 1.5 GB Jim
About 1.5 GB Jim
Thanks Julian, I think I'll save the bandwidth for P3D (and 3PD) :(

Thanks Julian, I think I'll save the bandwidth for P3D (and 3PD) :(
I would :(

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I've been simming since the Bruce Artwick days and I've looked forward to every release of FS until this one. I had the opportunity to be a beta tester for Flight, and I can honestly state that it did nothing for me. I have never been so ambivalent towards a release as I am towards this one. I'm not sure that I will even download the free version and I am very sure that I will not purchase whatever it is that MS is selling. That being said, this is very subjective and everyone will make that decision for themselves, but I saw nothing that will make me give up FSX or even FS9.

NAX669.png

I am going to download it but honestly there is no way Microsoft is getting 1 penny from me.
very perplexing .. you havent even downloaded it yet and you already make that statement. Edited by Tierborn

very perplexing .. you havent even downloaded it yet and you already make that statement.
What is perplexing about that statement? Just like someone who says they will walk into a jewelry store to look but aren't going to buy a diamond ring...

What is perplexing about that statement? Just like someone who says they will walk into a jewelry store to look but aren't going to buy a diamond ring...
Most jewelry stores won't allow you to take home a free ring and add diamonds later. lol

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Do I really have to give them all my personal info just to download the thing?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just played it and it seems like a fun game, I'm not sure about the way the planes "fly" though. Anyhow, my live tag is TankCmndr if anyone is interested.PS: for actual flight simulator, I'm sticking with FSX...

very perplexing .. you havent even downloaded it yet and you already make that statement.
Well, I was on the beta. I am just downloading it again to get the most updated version.

Well, I tried it. I doubt I will ever use it again. Uninstalling as just taking up space. not my cup of tea.
At least you gave it a shot. I'm not in the least tempted to even download it and try it out. If it covered the US mainland at least and/or I could at least import one or two of my FSX a/c I would be willing to give it a shot. As it stands, I offers and area that i'm not interested it and no a/c that I desire, so frankly there's no point in me even waisting the time when I know that I will come off my HD in a day or two later.
I've been simming since the Bruce Artwick days and I've looked forward to every release of FS until this one.
Same for me Mike. I was excited when I first hear that MS was working on a new sim, but my excitment ended when they finally released the full plans. This is the first time I have ever been bummed out about an MS flight sim release. You never know though, maybe it will not turn out how MS expected, the sales for content will be weak, and at some point they will re-think the project and release a whole world model on DVD's and open it back up to 3PD's. If that ever happens I will get excited about it again.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm really impressed with it in terms of performance, visuals, user interface, etc. But I can't believe it has no TrackIR support ..... yeah I know, I may just have mentioned that on another thread!... but wow, I wholly admit (and I was naive), that I absolutely assumed that being a MS Flight related product, that it would support TrackIR .... I'm preying that an update will be made real soon to add TIR support.Other than that, it's great fun, with superb visuals and amazing smooth, fluid performance.
To get TIR support, you'll need to get the latest games update for your TrackIR software. I don't know if they've added Flight to the list yet, but if they have you'll still need to update the game list to use it.

Do I really have to give them all my personal info just to download the thing?
I didn't Ryan.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.