Sign in to follow this  
dburne

Track IR users - please...

I know this has been discussed frequently, and I know the Flight team is probably aware there are Track IR users out there that would like to see it implented into Flight. I am just one that believes there is strength in numbers.I just wanted to stress again, if you are one of those people that really wants to see Flight natively support Track IR, and you have NOT done so as of yet, please email the Flight team and let your opinion known - in a courteus, professional manner of course.I know Natural Point has stated, the Flight team has all the information required to implement this into Flight and the ball is totally in their court.The more they hear from even more users that want this, the better chance I believe of it maybe being pushed up the level of " things to do".So if you have not, contact them here and express your desire for this:msflight@microsoft.comThank you,

I sent an email to them. Many say this will fall on def ears but there's no hurt in trying (heck I tried out Flight and that turn out great)... :wink:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I sent an email to them. Many say this will fall on def ears but there's no hurt in trying (heck I tried out Flight and that turn out great)... :wink:
Thanks for sending Dillon !I hope what many say is not true - but one thing is for sure, emailing them to let them know it is dissappointing to not have it, and how much one would like to see it added soon , certainly can not hurt - it could only help - hopefully!

Right at the moment the team already has much to do to sort out various issues that've only been exposed now that the core platform for Flight has been released to the Wild...Don't expect "new stuff" to be very high on the priority list until they've nailed down and fixed the much more critical foundational issues.Do know that they are very much aware of the demand for and the need for TrackIR support.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hey this IS a critical foundation issue!! A huge bug man! :wink:Thanks for the feedback Bill, it is much appreciated, and good to hear!!

I'll shoot 'em an email for TrackIR or a slimmed-down version of Kinect. I think a TrackIR sized version of Kinect @ $150 or less is a better solution for Flight as I really like the idea of not having to wear something and it's integration should be a level better. . .That begin said, I agree with Bill, something will be added for head-movement control, but right now they have a long list of stuff to do in the meantime.

Guest mna27

Don't worry it will be added, Flight is still like a beta. They could let us play now, or we could of waited another year till all the features are added....

Right at the moment the team already has much to do to sort out various issues that've only been exposed now that the core platform for Flight has been released to the Wild...Don't expect "new stuff" to be very high on the priority list until they've nailed down and fixed the much more critical foundational issues.Do know that they are very much aware of the demand for and the need for TrackIR support.
Thanks for confirming that they are very aware of the demand for TrackIR Bill, I've emailed them and knowing they have acknowledged it I can ease up on bringing it up all the time in the hope that they will hear us.The TIRMouse.exe workaround requires centering the eyepoint after each pan, but is better than nothing for now as long as true support is coming at some point.

--John near KPAE

I sent them an email an thought I'd kill 2 birds while I was at it :smile:

Dear MS Flight,Please can you implement the use of TrackIR hardware with Flight.Your software would be so much more immersive for me and many others if this was done.If not, I'll just throw it in the bin because I don't use it for anything else so it doesn't really matter.Actually I did use it in FSX a couple of times but it was a bit pants in an airliner where you have to press loads of buttons. I'd much rather have a 2D panel for that type of flying. ;-)Thanks for your time.Steve

As far as i can remember during beta in one of the surveys there was a question regarding the use of Track IR , so i figure when ever the more important things are out of the way the team will or it may be already working on the support for Trackir . cant do much but to wait and see ......

Image removed as image is no longer available.

It's nice to read that TIR is at least on the Flight long list though I've decided, that without TIR, Flight will have to wait. Thankfully I still have lots of FSX content left to fly, all fully loaded with excellent 3PD addons.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

If you have not as of yet, get those emails sent gang expressing your desire to see TIR support implemented soon.And those that have sent, thank you very much!!!! Let's get this feature moved up that long list!I flew the Hawaii Photo Shoot mission this morning, wow what an incredible mission and during the whole thing all I kept thinking about was, how much better and great it would be if I was using my Track IR in it.

I've been reading these forums since the late 1990s, and used to post quite a bit (particularly about the original Fly!). I've periodically checked in since then, but haven't posted anything in years.Believe it or not, the Track IR thing is what motivated me to do it... I sent MS an email, and hope that my vote does its small part to help push Track IR support into reality!