Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

Captain sim 737-200 Base pack has been released

Lets all just hope the 0.5 version comes out soon...its supposed to bring JT8D sound to this thing...and hopefully other things...I won't be buying this till it has sound, and a nice fde, but this approach to developing is kinda one of the "be careful what you wish for" cases...people have been whining about product previews for ages, and now it seems like we'll be buying those product previews...

Keep in mind, we make a choice to purchase, we are not forced.At least CS is up front about what is included so far and what is not.Personally, I will take a wait and see approach as I am interested in what MilViz has to offer in this department.

Okay...I may have had a few to drink tonight and perhaps I am missing something. Are they saying that those of us who purchased the 737-200 exterior before March 6th get no discount??? If I am misunderstanding something then all is well, but if I bought this exterior model for nothing....you have to be kidding! Can someone please clarify?One more thing....Captain Sim website is a joke....been trying to login for 10 minutes and can't do it. I keep getting "NOROBOTS" security error. I tried every "fix" they suggested with respect to this message but with no success. Seriously...can they make things more difficult??Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Actually, it looks like those who purchased either before or after that date may potentially not get a discount according to what I read. Read this off the CS site:'Please make sure the csx730_0X00.exe is installed on you computer before the Base Pack Upgrade installation. Otherwise you will not be able to install the Base Pack Upgrade.''Now, since the base pack upgrade is the one that is discounted, and since it looks like you cannot install it over a later version of the exterior model installation exe, then if like me, you downloaded an updated exe file and got rid of your original one which you bought right when it went on sale, you cannot qualify for the discount despite having been told that you would get that discount, since you no longer have the file necessary to be able to use the discounted version. I do not recall any mention of having to hold onto an original file in order to qualify for a discount, and if that is true, then I'm not very happy with Captain Sim at all, because they will be reneging on the deal that I signed up for when buying the external models of their 100 and 200. The fact that I bought them should be enough and they should honour the promise they made, not start adding clauses to it which legitimate buyers who purchased the thing on that basis may not be able to meet after having had their money, simply because they downloaded a newer exe file.I certainly hope I am wrong on this score, but it doesn't look like it from what I am reading on the CS site at the moment.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

So you get an unfinished product for 30 Euros.
Al,How much is that in US$?Or how many Quid?Unfinished product .. nice textures though!Do you have to pay more money after the base pack? .. just wondering how the pricing works on CS aircraft purchases in general.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I'm using an FS9 sound pack I downloaded from here which is great!

This is going to turn out to be a very expensive addon.....The base was €10The expansion is €30So €40...still no sounds, still no FDE...and the price is starting to entre NGX territory..And if u bought the base pack early to show support for the development of this product...you get a kick in the teeth.Nice one...''Swinging middle finger in the air at CS whilst putting card back in wallet''What it is with CS and there ''dribs & drabs'' releases anyway!? ..

This is from the CaptainSim Forums. It is there response to me being duped into buying the -100 expansion, then later not needing itMe:I actually bought the 200 first.  Installed it, then quickly realized that it needed files from the 100 (textures were missing).  So, I went back and bought the 100.CaptainSim:Understood. But it's hard to make everyone happy.When the base pack was -100 some were unhappy because they wanted the -200.Now the base pack was -200. But now other people unhappy.Life is so unfair...Needless to say I have had two deleted posts since then. This to me shows how little they care for their end users. If you really want a 732 the choice is yours, but I would recommend either buying the JF version or waiting for MilViz to finish theirs. CaptainSim seems to be headed for that same special place I hold in my heart for Ariane Designs.

Chock,looking better in CS page it says: csx730_0X00.exe to be eligible for the upgrade. I have the latest 737-100 exterior 1.2 installed with the file csx730_0200.exe ... So, the "X" corresponds to "2" and the installer is valid. Please look if you have this installer too (csx730_0200.exe)

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics