Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

Captain sim 737-200 Base pack has been released

Ok I bought the Cs737 and I think it's beautiful.Of course it's got some bugs but that I knew of.Support has been very responsive.I'm happy.
Same here!Now this IS a 737-200! Great model, thanks CS.
and this 'experimental' release just pushes me straight to MilViz's door.
Well, the 'experimental' is better than nothing.And what makes you think MilViz will release just a perfect 737? Simply because you hate CS?

And what makes you think MilViz will release just a perfect 737?
At the moment I'm holding out for the Mil Viz 737 on the strength of the C310, T-38 and F-15E... all of which were very well done and showed a great attention to detail throughout all aspects of the product.

Thanks for your response, I am no longer confused. There were folks in this forum, such as myself, that were concerned that they would not receive a discount even though they pruchased the early texture packs. It appears per your response that this is not the case.Cheers, Pete
Pete, I'm glad the issue is sorted out, and I hope you'll enjoy the CS737.

Just to be completely fair here to Captain Sim, in relation to my posts on this matter, I posted a query about this on the CS forums (two queries in fact) and it appears I was confused by the wording of the explanation regarding discounts (specifically the way they named what exe file you had, which was a bit confusing), but it seems I will qualify for the discount, so I've not got a problem with them at all.That some people do not like the process of buying the thing in pieces is fair enough, but that is another matter entirely and personally, I don't have a problem with that aspect of things, since I also bought their 777 on the same basis and it was clear from the outset that I was buying it that way; nobody twisted my arm to do so. Of course like many, I'd prefer it all in one go, but CS have delivered on promises of this nature before (i.e. with the B52, which waited a while for a VC) so I've no reason to doubt that they will come through on the 737 as well, and if drip feeding them some money aids in development costs, and the feasibility of making things like this, then so be it.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Just to play devil's advocate here for a bit....I'm having trouble reconciling the following:with the following text copied from http://www.captainsi...upport/cip.htmlYou're asking people to, shall we say "invest" in your product but at the same time admit you may decide not to complete it in which case there will be no refunds. That is the problem some people have with the concept of releasing a product in "blocks", "stages" or whatever you want to call them. I understand you wish to do this to keep the revenue flowing in whilst you are completing the development.However, I think the more sensible among us will prefer to wait until your product is complete and functioning as advertised before we had over our credit card number.
Thank you for very good question, I'm not answering it here as we already have a multi-pages discussion on this topic in our forum: http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1331396459/0#4You all are always welcome to join.

Zach,no problem, if the STEP II condition doesn't fit your needs, please contact our support and we'll give you a refund. Next time please read the product description carefully. See you after the 1.0 release :)
I do appreciate the gesture, but I knew full well what I was purchasing. I'll ride it out with you guys this time.While you're here. I very much like the idea of a Captain Sim presence here. It makes sense, guys.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

And what makes you think MilViz will release just a perfect 737? Simply because you hate CS?
Hey Stampilot,Of course, I have no way of knowing how the MilViz offering will turn out, but I have other products from them, which I'm very happy with, and which demonstrate that they focus on things that I value in an addon aircraft. (Like FDE and Sound; two areas that are always below par with Captain Sim released)....and I don't hate Captain Sim. What a silly, immature comment. You don't even know me. I own the CS 727 for FS9 and the 727, 757 and 767 for FSX. I simply said that I had really gone off their products and ways of doing business. This doesn't imply I hate them or anyone else. :(

Thank you Captain Sim for producing a fine Aircraft and I will be looking for stage 3 in the near future.
Thank you! Working on it!

Unlike some companies, it is worth noting that Captain Sim have tended to deliver on their promises with regard to stuff being made in this way, and whilst we know it is not everyone's cup of tea, I fully expect them to deliver on their promise, based on that track record of having done so before. Nevertheless, it is only expedient of them to put some kind of disclaimer in there, just in case things do go awry, but I would not see it as anything than a belt and braces approach to being completely up front about matters, and not an indication of any really serious risk of a failure to complete what they have set out to do.Probably worth pointing out here, that I've bought some betas in the past which turned out to be great upon completion, among them the truly excellent Mount and Blade, Take on Helicopters, and DCS A-10. This methodology is not as rare as some might think, and incidentally, the DCS A-10 beta sucked big time, but look how that one turned out in the end!Al

Alan Bradbury

Perhaps this is a way of getting tons of feedback and bug reports from their (CS) huge fan base in order to complete a more robust product when the final v1.0 is ready, however I'll wait for the final product.Alex

Alexander Colka

I do appreciate the gesture, but I knew full well what I was purchasing. I'll ride it out with you guys this time.While you're here. I very much like the idea of a Captain Sim presence here. It makes sense, guys.
Zach, thanks a lot. The ride is going to be bumpy but hopefully safe. Tight your belts, our destination is v0.5! :)

To those using the Stage II beta (with VC):-Is the AP and other basic systems required to fly (eg, NAV radios, the overhead, etc) working?I appreciate there will be no sounds apart from basic engine, flaps, etc, due to the current aliasing with the default FSX 738.Thanks.

I have bought most of Captain Sim's products for FSX. I'm a little curious about this one though. In effect we paid to beta test the product ( I bought it). However the things that we can point out are things that should have been noticed in the first place. Like switches that function backwards and mispelled graphics. The "meat" of any of these simulators/software are the flight dynamics and how the systems function. My hope is that Captain Sim is not really looking for that type of feedback. That should come from some research into the actual 737 and including some former pilots or boeing engineers. I happen to like the "steam" 60's and 70's aircraft. Hoping someone will do DC-8

One more thing. They should contact Tinmouse....Their autopilot mimiced the 737-200/100 very well from what I have read. I used to fly it in FS9. good challenge.

Nothing really too rude about commenting on alternatives on this thread, just as people will mention the CS and JF ones on any MILVIZ thread that may come along; this is not a commercial for Captain Sim.Al

Alan Bradbury