Sign in to follow this  

So you think 20 bucks is too much for the adventure pack...?

For me the quality of the available add-ons isn't the question and I have not spent a dime. My question is what's next? The airport shots look fine, however, it appears you are the only living thing on the planet. No traffic, no activity ..... nothing. How much is traffic, ATC, ATIS going to cost? Will they be separate downloads? Are those features planned for the future? Everyone is guessing and I'm not guessing with my wallet. I'll wait until MS reveals enough to establish an understanding of were they are going and how they are going to piece meal this game. Have fun!Bob

very good question Bob.this is the great unknown.I'm hoping flight gets the ATC,Ai,CARS treatment.it's my bet that to go forward these things will have to come.MS need to pinch FSx users.these are the people who spend money on flightsims.to do that it's going to need a radical change of image.only microsoft have the resources to really do it well.in the back of my head i'm thinking will it be as smooth with all these things added. steve-0

all the horn blowing your doing for microsoft
I don't think Jeroen is blowing anyone's horn. He's posted some cool screenies and is saying how he thinks that the scenery that those screenies is of is worth 20 bucks. I agree with him. I say again: They (Flight/FSX) are not mutually incompatible!..I am really enjoying both, and I'm a "hardcore" simmer and trainee GA pilot..Why still the sniping? If you don't like it; look the other way!great shots Jeroen..Now if somebody could hack EZDOK into it :Whistle:bestjake

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I don't think Jeroen is blowing anyone's horn. He's posted some cool screenies and is saying how he thinks that the scenery that those screenies is of is worth 20 bucks. I agree with him. I say again: They (Flight/FSX) are not mutually incompatible!..I am really enjoying both, and I'm a "hardcore" simmer and trainee GA pilot..great shots Jeroen..Now if somebody could hack EZDOK into it :Whistle:bestjake
I am seeing more and more of the same - hardcore flight simmers enjoying both - I certainly fall into that category.Two things that really excite me about Flight, it seems to be attracting more serious flight simmers every day, and it seems to be bringing in more new blood into our little community every day. That is a very good thing for us flight simmers.

i spent 60 bucks on gears of war...i played it one, then traded it in for 7 flipping dollars! i spend 20 bucks on a single meal at least once a week, that lasts less than an hour.this game for 20 bucks was well well worth it,.BUT i'd rather spend 60 bucks, and have multiple planes, and blah blah blah (have a full game like FSX) than just 1 chain of islands. but its worth it. But i have a feeling by the time alaska, and maybe austraila is out next...they'll start coming out with groups of land...like a midwest pack, which would be WI, IL, MI, MN, and IA....5 states. prob easy to build, transfer the land mass over from FSX, update the textures/graphics...and add some planes,

Money and the cost of goods are very subjective matters as is what is percieved as value for money.Someone with a large income will consider $20 as not very much whilst another person with a low income will consider $20 to be a lot.And as for value for money - well, one man's meat is another man's poison ....David

BUT i'd rather spend 60 bucks, and have multiple planes, and blah blah blah (have a full game like FSX) than just 1 chain of islands. but its worth it. But i have a feeling by the time alaska, and maybe austraila is out next...they'll start coming out with groups of land...like a midwest pack, which would be WI, IL, MI, MN, and IA....5 states. prob easy to build, transfer the land mass over from FSX, update the textures/graphics...and add some planes,
Agreed, but listen, I've been playing FSX since FS98. I only really flew GA until NGX came out, and, until then, I only flew 2-400 miles in a pop. I know it's great to have it all there for those rare transatlantic or cross-Australia (or Europe, or any long journey) flights, but I think the point they are making is why allocate all that dev resource to creating areas of the world that you would only normally see from FL390! I know this is a big debate, and possibly one of the crux debates for FSX'ers who are shunning Flight, but it's only been out for two weeks!Even if they stick to GA and small jets and "localised" areas, but in hi-def, that's not such a bad thing, is it? You still have FSX for those I need to be an airline pilot moments..I know I don't _really_ want to go out and have to spend another thousand pounds all over again..but then again, if Flight does become FS11 or FS12 or whatever (and I really think it might over the next few years) then I probably will LOL. Kerching!!!bestjake

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I agree that the price is about right, but to compare the add-on airport to an FSX one does not take into account the fact that an FSX or FS9 airport usually has moving ground traffic, parking for AI aircraft, custom aircraft movements, ATC, custom navaids, moving gateways and the like. That is part of what you are paying for over and above the basic 3D model and texturing, so the comparison on pricing is not entirely equitable.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

It may take awhile to catch on. I see some good stuff in here but still some things need to be fixed. Eg: The Stearman sitting on the runway, engine turned off and still the prop spins. Toe brakes, no Track IR etc. All I can see is this will cost an extreme amount of money if you want more planes and more countries. $20 for Hawawii, how much for the rest of the States. I dont think that people who don't enjoy flying are going to take this up just because its more slighted towards a game than a straight sim. I hope Microsoft prove me wrong I can see how much work has one into producing this package.My flightsim buget only stretches so far and there are still things I want to get for FSX.

:unknw: ...im not seeing anything worth posting about..no offence, it aint that good.Anyway, all the horn blowing your doing for microsoft is giving me a headache, ill leave you to it. :hi:
Agree... I´m very confused, because I can´t get that excitement Jeroen has, am I sick maybe?Or maybe just fine, and Flight fans suffer from "the new toy syndrome"? :Thinking:

The $ paid has been well worth it and I'm thoroughly enjoying myself - almost can't get enough of it. Last night I tried something new by flying around with a large group of people using a flight plan mapped out in advanced by the person (Kaloyanic) who arranged the event (again, very much appreciated for the effort). We started at the big island and hit every island going west. It was a lot of fun and I bet we were at it for close to 4 hours by the time we finished. The person who put together the event was also very good about explaining navigation basics using VOR, NAV, and OBS in the RV.A few screen grabs from last night's event:http://boche.net/dropbox/flight_3-10-12/2012-3-10_22-52-52-330.pnghttp://boche.net/dropbox/flight_3-10-12/2012-3-10_22-26-38-672.pnghttp://boche.net/dropbox/flight_3-10-12/2012-3-10_22-58-57-415.png

Hi allwhat is the difference between buying for flight and buying for fsx.how can anyone complain about $20 for hawaii+ the RV with the price of FSX addons.i've spent must be £1000.00 on addons for FSX since it came out.probably more.orbx do great scenery.but for a relatively small area of the usa it set me back close to £200-00 .that was 4 areas PNW,CRM,NRM and PF. and one payware airport.we all know this is an expensive hobby.i don't drink..i don't smoke,this is my way of relaxing. :smile:steve-0I'd like to ask a question..if Flight had AI traffic,cars on the roads ATC and boats on the water.would you all use it more??

Fabulous looking scenery. However, no AI traffic or moving ground trucks and therin lies the frustration for me with Flight. One step forward and one step back. It will be very interesting to see how this will develop over the next couple of years.

because its time for something new . yes the price its ok and im ready to do it all over again and spend more on all the DLC that will be release later. I figure the longer they take it means there is alot more details that before were not included in some local airports that were a basic design back in FSX. Lets just wait and see ... on a side note :im waiting for MS to unlock the terminals so we can walk inside :-)...

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I get sore eyes looking at the water and the clouds, it´s just horrible...So I load up *** and holy **** (censored) the HiFi Clouds (Thanks AS2012) - and the water (thanks both AS2012 and REX) - just cures the sore eyes in an instant!