Sign in to follow this  
gusifer

NGX Realistic Range

Hello guys,I need some advice as I am a little confused on the range of the ngx. For example there are real life flights that use the 800 versions over 3000 nautical miles, swiss air flies from newark to zurich on a 737 800. Are these special modified versions? or can the NGX 800 series really fly 3400 nautical miles?if not what is the realistic range of the 800 and 900 series? with a full passenger load and fully fueled...thanks!

For the 6/7: airliners[dot]net/aircraft-data/stats.main?id=95For the 8/9: airliners[dot]net/aircraft-data/stats.main?id=96To be honest, though, the airlines aren't really doing it by range as much as they are load factor (in general). Furthermore, asking a "range" question is unfair because it depends on how much fuel, how many passengers, the wind, the temp, and a myriad of other things. Plus, you're never going to take full fuel and full passengers. Do it in the NGX and you're going to see your Gross Weight highlighted in yellow, meaning DON'T DO IT (you're over the max certified gross weight).

Kyle Rodgers

Privat air only has 32 business seats and 60 economy seats as per their website. So with the lower payload they can essentially fly further. Correct me if I'm wrong but i think the 737-800 that Privat air uses is a BBJ2. As per the Boeing website the 737-800 range is 3.115 nm. I believe with a full load of passengers the 737-900 goes 2060 nm.Hope that helps Anthony Slattery

The reason they fly direct from Newark to Zurich is thanks to tail winds. The prevailing wind is westerly, meaning nice tail wind all the way across the Atlantic, extending range. I think you'll find there is a fuel stop flying the other way (maybe in Reykjavik or Halifax).Best regards,Robin.

To be honest, though, the airlines aren't really doing it by range as much as they are load factor (in general). Furthermore, asking a "range" question is unfair because it depends on how much fuel, how many passengers, the wind, the temp, and a myriad of other things. Plus, you're never going to take full fuel and full passengers. Do it in the NGX and you're going to see your Gross Weight highlighted in yellow, meaning DON'T DO IT (you're over the max certified gross weight).
You can do close to Full Fuel and Pax if you do the following with the 737-800Pax - 162Fuel - 43,000 lbs ( 3,000 lbs less than max fuel)Cargo - 12,000 lbs (Allows each pax 74 lbs in luggage)At this configuration I can get roughly 7 hours + reserve.

Hello guys,I need some advice as I am a little confused on the range of the ngx. For example there are real life flights that use the 800 versions over 3000 nautical miles, swiss air flies from newark to zurich on a 737 800. Are these special modified versions? or can the NGX 800 series really fly 3400 nautical miles?if not what is the realistic range of the 800 and 900 series? with a full passenger load and fully fueled...thanks!
I´ve got the 737-700 with arround 80% loaded over 1700m far. That used about 22.000lb fuel and I did fly with a constant headwind of about 30kts.

Hawaii is definitely doable from the west coast of the US with 800s - Alaska does it all the time. (that's what the "Lei" livery is for - their ETOPS planes all do this route)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

You can do close to Full Fuel and Pax if you do the following with the 737-800Pax - 162Fuel - 43,000 lbs ( 3,000 lbs less than max fuel)Cargo - 12,000 lbs (Allows each pax 74 lbs in luggage)At this configuration I can get roughly 7 hours + reserve.
Right. I'm just making sure the OP knows that you're not going to be able to fully load it, and even so, a fully loaded config isn't exactly what you'd want to base your range calcs off of.On an unrelated note, Paul, I've been told I'm another version of you on the forums. I'm not fully sure why, but hey...

Kyle Rodgers

Hawaii is definitely doable from the west coast of the US with 800s - Alaska does it all the time. (that's what the "Lei" livery is for - their ETOPS planes all do this route)
I have a KLAX-PHNL flight planned for this weekend. little over 2200nm, just in case notify the Coast Guard and NOK. :-)

Phill Dant

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

I have a KLAX-PHNL flight planned for this weekend. little over 2200nm, just in case notify the Coast Guard and NOK. :-)
I flew PANC-PHNL (2439 nm) the other day in an ASA -800 with a 28,700# payload and 40,600# file (incl res.) with no problem. Your only issue could be if you have strong headwinds!

Since when does Swiss have a 737?
I think Swissair (before they ceased operations) operated the 737 classic. But I can't recall Swiss International ever operating the 737.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

The reason they fly direct from Newark to Zurich is thanks to tail winds. The prevailing wind is westerly, meaning nice tail wind all the way across the Atlantic, extending range. I think you'll find there is a fuel stop flying the other way (maybe in Reykjavik or Halifax).Best regards,Robin.
In fact you are so spot-on with what you have written, there is fact a nice worthy read by an ex-American Airlines 767 Captain called 'Golden Argosy' by Capt Tony Vallillo. I was first pointed towards it in the LDS767 Forum. Sorry, do not have the link.

Air Senegal international and Air Mauritanie used to operate flights from Dakar and nouakchott (sometimes from abidjan) to Paris Orly . Did this tons of times from the cockpit and the view over the sahara and when entering the mediterranean sea is gorgeous !