Sign in to follow this  
Vox-tm

Temporary P-51 Virtual Cockpit

Am I just being slow in realising that the P-51 can be flown with a 'temporary' virtual cockpit, by setting your view inside the aircraft using the CTRL+Q/CTRL+E keys?Then, whatever airport/airfield I go to the view remains the same. AND... it I save the flight, and re-load it later the view still remains set :)p-51_temp_cockpit.jpg

Yeah, but I honestly don't see why. The point of wanting a cockpit is to have working instruments. The effect above could also be achieved with some colored construction paper stuck to the monitor with scotch tape.

Well its better than nothing for sure, i tried flying it from the outside and gave up.

Well to me , there is a world of difference in flying from inside the plane, versus flying from outside the plane.I refuse to fly in exterior view only, the hard core simmer part of me just won't let that happen. Yes I occasionally go to an external view, to look at scenery, the aircraft, but at least 90% or more likely 98% of my time is inside the plane.When this information got posted a day or two ago, I was intrigued and thought - well I could live with that for now, but I am still not purchasing the plane, as I feel the more that do, the more MS will feel it is acceptable to offer no cockpit planes as DLC... as much as I would like to have a P51, I just can't do it. I am hoping in the future they might offer the cockpit for this P51.

I didn't buy the P-51 either. The only reason I have it is because Microsoft gave it to me free for participating in the beta. It's a nice external model but I don't like flying from an external view only.

Yep, not very interesting.... Let's make it a dead-end, and not get into one.... I will surely not buy any such cockpit-less airplane...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

The effect above could also be achieved with some colored construction paper stuck to the monitor with scotch tape.
Yep, not very interesting.... Let's make it a dead-end, and not get into one...
Umm, I never said I liked or preferred this method... and quite frankly I'd rather have a proper VC as with all of the warbirds I own in FSX.But really, I never expected to receive such churlish responses as those above when making a suggestion that might benefit some who would like a halfway point while they wait for the Deluxe release of the P-51.AVSIM has really gone to the dogs since I was last here... :Monkey:

Umm, I never said I liked or preferred this method... and quite frankly I'd rather have a proper VC as with all of the warbirds I own in FSX.But really, I never expected to receive such churlish responses as those above when making a suggestion that might benefit some who would like a halfway point while they wait for the Deluxe release of the P-51.AVSIM has really gone to the dogs since I was last here... :Monkey:
I like it, at least i can now fly the stupid thing :Hug:

The effect above could also be achieved with some colored construction paper stuck to the monitor with scotch tape.
AVSIM has really gone to the dogs since I was last here... :Monkey:
Oh_come_on Vox... that is one of the funniest quips I have seen here is some days... :LMAO:

Umm, I never said I liked or preferred this method... and quite frankly I'd rather have a proper VC as with all of the warbirds I own in FSX.But really, I never expected to receive such churlish responses as those above when making a suggestion that might benefit some who would like a halfway point while they wait for the Deluxe release of the P-51.AVSIM has really gone to the dogs since I was last here...
Churlish? Really? Is this a forum or a Renaissance festival?

AVSIM has really gone to the dogs since I was last here...
Not really Vox, in fact the Flight forum is turning into one really great community with a great group of guys and some gals. It is becoming one of my more favorite hang-outs.It has certainly come a long way from where it was prior to the release of Flight and it getting shut down.I suspect the "churlish" type of responses you perceive, are directed more at frustration from MS releasing a DLC plane such as this one, with no working cockpit.Your information however is very helpful as many , including me, was not aware in the early days that was even possible - it was posted here a day or two ago however, so it was not news to many which is why you probably didn't see more positive comments than you have...

I gotta say that I've enjoyed the P-51 a lot more than I thought I would. It's not likely to hit my "favorite airplane" list in my stats, unless I take off for the mainland in it. But it's fun to fly, cockpit or no. I'll have to give the pseudo-cockpit thingy a try some time.Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Unfortunately I cant even use a driving sim or game that does not have an in car view, let alone fly a plane that way... Might as well play angry birds as far as I am concerned because watching any vehicle I am operating from the outside and angry birds have about the same degree of realism :LMAO:

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg