Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

AirSimmer A320

Had a look again today (for the first time in nearly a year) at the AirSimmer website. I see they are still completely censoring their forum so that nothing bad can be seen, so have they made any improvements to the product or got it to the stage where it is actually worth buying it? Up until they censored their forum, nothing about their product made me want to invest any of my money in them whatsoever.

I see they are still completely censoring their forum so that nothing bad can be seen
What makes you think so?Hidden forums are meant to protect copyrights against piracy.The same situation is with iFly 737NG and some other developers/products.

Wrong! Other forums allow free discussion about the product, with technical support requiring password/authorised access to that section of the forum. PMDG is a rare exception to that rule, allowing technical support to be read and questions asked by anyone without requiring proof of purchase. AirSimmer has made their forum inaccessible to all apart from reading what they want us to see, such as informatio on updates, etc. There are no comments from users to help potential customers make up their mind whether to buy the product or not. Anyone who has not purchased the product can only read announcements and general info on the product. All general comments and the threads that contained them about the product by users - both complimentary and not - have been deleted. The way AS have censored their forum leads one to feel as though they have something to hide.Wrong! Other forums allow free discussion about the product, with technical support requiring password/authorised access to that section of the forum. PMDG is a rare exception to that rule, allowing technical support to be read and questions asked by anyone without requiring proof of purchase. AirSimmer has made their forum inaccessible to all apart from reading what they want us to see, such as informatio on updates, etc. There are no comments from users to help potential customers make up their mind whether to buy the product or not. Anyone who has not purchased the product can only read announcements and general info on the product. All general comments and the threads that contained them about the product by users - both complimentary and not - have been deleted. The way AS have censored their forum leads one to feel as though they have something to hide.

No need to post twice.. So here are some facts since I am the person who has been running the forum for the past year. The tech forum where myself and orher volunters put a huge amount effort into helping new and old users is for paying customers only, if you dont like that you are free to carry on visiting other payware forums that do not have that policy. The forum is funded and privately owned by Airsimmer and they have every right to run it how they see fit. I probably average around 1 post deletion every week, 9 out of ten times that is due to spam or someone who wants to get abusive with no real point to there post (there's always one) The ground school forum has been relaxed for a while now for people to ask general questions which I answer when I have the time, I also answer a huge amount of personal emails regarding the product in my own time. Let's get something straight, it is not a democracy, you are free to post whatever you want elsewhere. The fact that you are trying to make me out to be someone who intentionally hides things from other simmers for my gain shows you clearly know nothing about the product or how I run things there.Instead of wasting anymore time on this subject I'm going to get back to doing what I enjoy, helping other users with my knowledge of FS and enjoying this hobby.

Rob Prest

Strict Standards: Declaration of group_forum_breadcrumb::sendOutput() should be compatible with that of output::sendOutput() in /opt/webdocs/newsite/forum/hooks/group_forum_breadcrumb_d29bf565a59f776807044fd19e49258a.php on line 107

Had a look again today (for the first time in nearly a year) at the AirSimmer website. I see they are still completely censoring their forum so that nothing bad can be seen, so have they made any improvements to the product or got it to the stage where it is actually worth buying it? Up until they censored their forum, nothing about their product made me want to invest any of my money in them whatsoever.
Just buy it and register to the forum. Try it for a whole month and if you don't like it just ask for a refund. I think you will like it.I bought it last year and then asked for a refund because I was getting CTDs. I bought it again today because I had learned they had released an update.Strict Standards: Declaration of group_forum_breadcrumb::sendOutput() should be compatible with that of output::sendOutput() in /opt/webdocs/newsite/forum/hooks/group_forum_breadcrumb_d29bf565a59f776807044fd19e49258a.php on line 107
Just buy it and register to the forum. Try it for a whole month and if you don't like it just ask for a refund. I think you will like it.I bought it last year and then asked for a refund because I was getting CTDs. I bought it again today because I had learned they had released an update.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

Strict Standards: Declaration of group_forum_breadcrumb::sendOutput() should be compatible with that of output::sendOutput() in /opt/webdocs/newsite/forum/hooks/group_forum_breadcrumb_d29bf565a59f776807044fd19e49258a.php on line 107

Wrong!Wrong!
Wow, calm down. Why all the agression over a computer game?

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Any news for the release of the FSX version?

The updates are very minor and doesn't address most of the big issues such as speedbrake logic, autopilot behaviour, unrealistic thrust on the IAE and a few problems with the MCDU.

Any news for the release of the FSX version?
Probably not in a million years. Your best bet is Lefteris and FS Labs.

Probably not in a million years. Your best bet is Lefteris and FS Labs.
I also haven't seen much news from them either. I am worried that the FSlabs A320 won't be out for a long time.....

I also haven't seen much news from them either. I am worried that the FSlabs A320 won't be out for a long time.....
Check this out: http://www.facebook.com/flightsimlabs It doesn't indicate when it might be ready but it at least shows some progress.

NAX669.png

The curse of the Airbus...I remember Rob (Flex1978) said in another thread that the plan is to first release the 320 Advanced incl. 318/319/321, then the 330/340 and then the FSX version. So the million years is actually not that unrealistic at the current pace. :DDon't get me wrong, I would buy the Advanced in a heartbeat. But I can't get myself to spend 40 $ on an allegedly buggy A320-only. So sad, this was the most promising Airbus for FS ever and it got stuck on the finish line (at least it seems that way). Would be more than happy to see it crossing the line in the near future though.Okay, edit is not working for me anymore. My last post is regarding the Airsimmer of course, not the FSLabs...

One more time (this is the second such thread in a few days regarding the A320 and AS in particular), before anyone makes statements condemning a software based on a number of "complains on various fora" if the A320 is the airplane you want to fly, take the opportunity to try the AS A320 for one month, if you really see that the negative comments you read before are confirmed and that the assistance received from the AS forum does not help, just remove it from your hard disk and get your money back, then after you will have enough evidence for yourself, chances are that you will discover that most comments were grossly exaggerated and that you - at long last - found the A320 you had been missing... I am one of many simmers enjoying the AS A320 and have been doing so for quite a while now, but yes the Airbus also needs to be learnt, so accept that you will need to spend some time to master it before reacting negatively.Remember that when a developer offers his software for a trial period, the risk is on his side not on yours!

I was one of the very loud (but not abusive) voices :( challenging Airsimmer policies and laying waste to ###### back in 'the troubles'Cut to present - Final nails for me were starvation Broken%20Heart.gif and signs that some very experienced users were happily flying this Airbus. I figured what the heck I'm good at fixing the backside of fs, let's give it a whirl, it's Flight 1 after all and only 40bucks.I bought it maybe 6 weeks ago eyes wide open and with caution. Based on the actual facts I could glean before purchase, I knew it might be challenging to: 1. get it working given all control and throttle axes MUST bypass fsuipc (you can still use buttons and other fsuipc capabilities) This is actually quite easy to accomplish with 'Profiles' 2. Possible CTD issues 3. Learning to fly true Airbus style, not typical fs Boeing or even PSS' old Airbus - I mean a real attempt at implementing Airbus FADEC, control laws and fbw characteristics.More than any airplane I've ever bought, this one had me on the ropes at first - I started with inop throttles and no engine start, but one by one my various problems were solved. I did not even have to consult Rob really, the FAQ plus a little searching and off I went. I should point out that many of the adjustments for issues I faced have been subsequently incorporated into the recent v1.4 update.It's a unique addon, at the back end it's file structure is unlike anything I've seen with any other aircraft. Much like the real thing there's a lot going on under the hood to produce the incredible sights and sounds of this very physically attractive addon. I can see why installing it on our mature fs9 setups could result in the varying experiences of users. For instance, twice I've had repeatable CTDs with this bird that I cured simply by changing an AFCAD, while another complex aircraft had no issue at all. Another time it was an fs9.cfg setting that cured it. Go figure - interoperability problem I guess. Therefore if you really want to know - try it on YOUR pc. Support is top notch but if all fails, get your refund no harm no foul.Yes, most assuredly YES Airsimmer has work to do in addressing certain issues, some quite glaring, but it IS possible to enjoy the product as it is. I do - it is ALL I fly at present. True to form they are as glacially slow as they've been since day 1, but I'm convinced they ARE moving.The A320 is my first love, and I can truly say I've finally found something that quenches the drought at long last.

Regards,

Mark

I was one of the very loud (but not abusive) voices :( challenging Airsimmer policies and laying waste to ###### back in 'the troubles'Cut to present - Final nails for me were starvation Broken%20Heart.gif and signs that some very experienced users were happily flying this Airbus. I figured what the heck I'm good at fixing the backside of fs, let's give it a whirl, it's Flight 1 after all and only 40bucks.I bought it maybe 6 weeks ago eyes wide open and with caution. Based on the actual facts I could glean before purchase, I knew it might be challenging to: 1. get it working given all control and throttle axes MUST bypass fsuipc (you can still use buttons and other fsuipc capabilities) This is actually quite easy to accomplish with 'Profiles' 2. Possible CTD issues 3. Learning to fly true Airbus style, not typical fs Boeing or even PSS' old Airbus - I mean a real attempt at implementing Airbus FADEC, control laws and fbw characteristics.More than any airplane I've ever bought, this one had me on the ropes at first - I started with inop throttles and no engine start, but one by one my various problems were solved. I did not even have to consult Rob really, the FAQ plus a little searching and off I went. I should point out that many of the adjustments for issues I faced have been subsequently incorporated into the recent v1.4 update.It's a unique addon, at the back end it's file structure is unlike anything I've seen with any other aircraft. Much like the real thing there's a lot going on under the hood to produce the incredible sights and sounds of this very physically attractive addon. I can see why installing it on our mature fs9 setups could result in the varying experiences of users. For instance, twice I've had repeatable CTDs with this bird that I cured simply by changing an AFCAD, while another complex aircraft had no issue at all. Another time it was an fs9.cfg setting that cured it. Go figure - interoperability problem I guess. Therefore if you really want to know - try it on YOUR pc. Support is top notch but if all fails, get your refund no harm no foul.Yes, most assuredly YES Airsimmer has work to do in addressing certain issues, some quite glaring, but it IS possible to enjoy the product as it is. I do - it is ALL I fly at present. True to form they are as glacially slow as they've been since day 1, but I'm convinced they ARE moving.The A320 is my first love, and I can truly say I've finally found something that quenches the drought at long last.
Well said. Echoes my sentiments about the old product. I'll add that this FS9 aircraft has or had the most potential of any at it's release. My first 30 minutes in it were spent picking my jaw off of the floor because of the good performance, sounds, aesthetics, and FBW. The last hour flying it was spent cursing the product and rage quitting FS9.Truly almost an exquisite representation of a real aircraft. Could be to PMDG's NGX standards with some TLC.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I also own this airbus, if all you fly is boeing and expect it to fly like a boeing..it doesnt. It takes practice to fly which is why I like it so much. From the time it was released it has had many bugs worked out of it just like any other payware aircraft. I say give it a shot and if your up for it challenge yourself to learn the aircraft, if not get your money back its simple.