Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAdlai

PA A318/A319 Special Edition

Hi all,

No one's opened a thread yet, so thought I would. An A318, A319, and I'll assume an A320 later, have been released, with a great cockpit, VNAV, TCAS, Autobrakes; just about everything to make it five star freeware. It's based on the Project Airbus models, with the default VC/Panel heavily modified. Bravo, Francois Dore!

Where can I find it?

It's right here on Avsim. Choose the "FSX: Original Aircraft" option, and search "Project Airbus". After a brief test flight, the only fault I found, other than the known thing about the throttles, was that the NAV lights are gone. Hmm. Those were on the original, right? I can't remember.

Combined with VasFMC, this ought to be the most realistic freeware Airbus available.

I agree. Imagine the possibilities, especially concerning things such as the Thomas Ruth A330/A340. Anyone know the secret to more powerful engines? I took a look, and the thrust is set to the right amount, scalar is at 1.013, and the bypass ratio is correct. Shouldn't take just under full throttle to maintain M .77 at FL340.

Hi all,

The A320 Special Edition Package was released today! We now have great A318, A319, and A320 packages as freeware. Honestly, I don't care if he does the A321, since it's just an uglier, slower A320. At a certain point, you just don't keep making a plane longer, the B757-300 is a good example of ugly. One thing I'm wondering is, what are your favorite new features? Personally, I think VNAV is the best new feature, and one way too few freeware packages have.

Mmmm... after I installed the 319 I have several CTD's. Not saying it was the culprit but after I removed it the CTD's went away? May have been just some conflict on my machine or happen by coincidence. I will try out the 318 and see how she works as I really like these baby buses.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Amazing what this guy has achieved :Applause: . Here's a link to the whole family

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

They fly real nice. I just wish the fuel weights and flow was in lbs. instead of kgs.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

They fly real nice. I just wish the fuel weights and flow was in lbs. instead of kgs.

International System will rule the world! (except for altitudes and speeds) :Peace:

Hi guys,

You've probably noticed the underpowered engines, and by changing one variable they can be much better. Just swap in 19.6 for the "inlet_area" section, and you should be good to go. Still a bit weak, but hey, it can actually climb at 280 KIAS at 3000 FPM now.

I haven't noticed any climb problems with the 18 and 19. Haven't tried the 20 yet.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

I haven't noticed any climb problems with the 18 and 19. Haven't tried the 20 yet.

There weren't any "problems", so to speak, but haven't you noticed that instead of reaching the set speeds, it generally hovered a good 40-80 KIAS behind them? For example, VNAV set the speed to 310, but it's at 260.

Hi,

I am the author of this set of Project Airbus. I am french and excuse me for my bad english.

It's right here on Avsim. Choose the "FSX: Original Aircraft" option, and search "Project Airbus". After a brief test flight, the only fault I found, other than the known thing about the throttles, was that the NAV lights are gone. Hmm. Those were on the original, right? I can't remember.

I have forgotten in one of these packs le .fx nav light ( I think that the A319 pack); fx_navgre320pa.fx" and "fx_navred320pa.fx" files are missing; If you install my A318 or A320 pack, you have these 2 files and your wings nav lights will work. Sorry for this bug.

Hi daveo; If you click on the primary Ecam area where display the consumption, all values will be in lbs.

See page 13 of the user manual :

748522Image1.jpg

As well, if you click on the pfd area which display the target altitude, it will be in Flight level or in feet.

Thank you for your feedback

Francois Dore