Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Odgers

PMDG A380-X

I thoroughly disagree.... The leveld 767 was not done with much cooperation with Boeing nor was the Maddog MD80 and they are absolutely superb.

I think people believe a little too much propaganda.

Fslabs seems to have access to a local airline judging by his screenshots. Documentation is not that hard to get if you know how to source it.

It's not a matter of just doing it without Airbus support, it's rather a question of if Boeing will allow something like this, personally I doubt they will.

FRED

Then just stop reading it?

I'd be surprised if Boeing had any idea whatsoever what PMDG was doing, and I'd be even more surprised if they cared that they made an Airbus. Its not like PMDG is a Boeing company.

That said, I cant think about a plane I'd like less than a PMDG A380. For me it would be a total waste of time. The plane is ugly, its too big and its far too long haul. Big planes are kinda lame imo.

If it's not a Boeing it's not going :Peace:

Absolutely agreed :dance:

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

I'd be surprised if Boeing had any idea whatsoever what PMDG was doing, and I'd be even more surprised if they cared that they made an Airbus. Its not like PMDG is a Boeing company.

That said, I cant think about a plane I'd like less than a PMDG A380. For me it would be a total waste of time. The plane is ugly, its too big and its far too long haul. Big planes are kinda lame imo.

Boeing does know what PMDG do because they work along side them to get their Data etc. I agree on the 380 but not the ''Far too long haul" & "Big Planes are kinda lame". Far too long haul? the 77L is due this Year which is as long haul as you get for now. The 744/8 is a ''Big'' Aircraft along with the 777's and they're far from lame :Waiting: But you have your own opinion which I respect :)

I don't see PMDG doing a airbus in the near future when there's a hand full of other developers designing airbusses. That be like PMDG doing a 757 when there's already two of them out there that are pretty good. Or Apple trying to create a video game console or PMDG creating there own flightsim...you see where I'm getting at? it isn't going to happen. Frankly they have there hands full for the next 24 months from what it seems like.

my 2c worth... Robert stated at the Aerosoft Conference that they want to do planes that you can see at your local airport, that you might fly on when going on vacation etc, so don't think they will be doing anything other than Boeings and Airbuses.(not counting the specials like the DC6) If I had to bet on what they will do after the 747 I would probably say an Airbus of somekind, think about what aircraft you see when you go on holiday (or plane spotting!) Boeing 737, 747, 777 and soon 787 and Airbus a320,330 and 340 with the occasional 380 thrown in! I spent a day at Changi Airport last month (was on a stopover) and the vast majority of planes were Airbus A320s, followed by some 737s, On Long haul Boeing 777 was king with the A330 coming a close second, there were also some 747s and 4 A380s (2 Singapore Airlines and 2 Qantas!) So I think thats your pool to choose from, as they have already done 737 and 747 and are developing the 777, doesn't leave a lot more choices! (actually that might have been slightly more than 2c!)

my 2c worth... Robert stated at the Aerosoft Conference that they want to do planes that you can see at your local airport, that you might fly on when going on vacation etc, so don't think they will be doing anything other than Boeings and Airbuses.(not counting the specials like the DC6) If I had to bet on what they will do after the 747 I would probably say an Airbus of somekind, think about what aircraft you see when you go on holiday (or plane spotting!) Boeing 737, 747, 777 and soon 787 and Airbus a320,330 and 340 with the occasional 380 thrown in! I spent a day at Changi Airport last month (was on a stopover) and the vast majority of planes were Airbus A320s, followed by some 737s, On Long haul Boeing 777 was king with the A330 coming a close second, there were also some 747s and 4 A380s (2 Singapore Airlines and 2 Qantas!) So I think thats your pool to choose from, as they have already done 737 and 747 and are developing the 777, doesn't leave a lot more choices! (actually that might have been slightly more than 2c!)

Absolutely, I honestly think they are smart enough to see that there is a HUGE market for Airbus, airbus itself may not wish to coorporate.... yet. But even if so it's not that important as many addons succesfull addons were done without much support. I think PMDG's main focus is start working on it's new engine for airbus, my bet they would start on an A340, But an A380 is also rather likely. Why? Those and not A330/A320? Because FSLABS officially announced to be working on those and by the time the 747v2 is ready you the a330 would be quite ahead development if not ready.

I dont know much about the relationships between FSL and PMDG, honestly... think those two should work together and conquer/aglormerate the big Airplane addon market alltogether. To make it finally more of a big commercial buisness.

I don't see PMDG doing a airbus in the near future when there's a hand full of other developers designing airbusses. That be like PMDG doing a 757 when there's already two of them out there that are pretty good. Or Apple trying to create a video game console or PMDG creating there own flightsim...you see where I'm getting at? it isn't going to happen. Frankly they have there hands full for the next 24 months from what it seems like.

Compare Apple to PMDG and you'll get PMDG making the "777" but giving you a 737NG with less dusty DUs...

Perhaps some of you should type Airsimmer Advanced into YouTube before you start claiming the projects dead.

Rob, With all due respect- The video shows an " advance" version. It looks like the same one i have from four years ago.

The truth is- AS is dead. The "developer" have given no indication of its existance ( not even a facebook page). Not sure how they keep recruiting guys like yoursellf that make claim upon claim that the project still exists, but AS is not fooling most of us here.

And most of us know why the project is dead. They dont pay their people and there products are half baked at best. Plain and simple.

Peter Osborn