Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

Do you want the 777-200/ER?

Do you want the 777-200/ER  

2,064 members have voted

1. 1. Build the 777-200/ER?

I seriously doubt that given the high level of anticipation for this 777, the most advanced airliner simulation to date, that people will not fly it simply because their favorite airline doesn't operate that particular variant.  I mean it is a 777, regardless of the specific model type, it is essentially the same airplane across the board with some relatively minor operational/systems differences.  It isn't like wanting an NGX and getting a Dassault Mercure instead.

If folks can already stretch reality by not flying airliners with FO, Cabin Crew, Ground Crew, Dispatcher, no ATP certification and so on, I don't think folks will find it too hard to stretch reality just a wee bit further and give in to the 777-200LR regardless if their favorite airline flies it or not..  I really doubt PMDG's initial 777 profits will suffer because the LR/LRF is the base pack. 

Personally I probably won't buy the 300ER and/or 200ER expansion packs, because for me it is a redundant purchase, I don't want to pay more than once for essentially the same plane.  If others want to spend the $$, good for them, the extra money helps PMDG fund other projects :)

That being said, I support whatever PMDG makes, because it makes more people happy.  Happy simmers = happy developers = developers encouraged to do more projects.  If they want to do a 200ER, good for them, and I hope everyone will get what they want.

Cheers

TJ

• Upvote 2

I seriously doubt that given the high level of anticipation for this 777, the most advanced airliner simulation to date, that people will not fly it simply because their favorite airline doesn't operate that particular variant.  I mean it is a 777, regardless of the specific model type, it is essentially the same airplane across the board with some relatively minor operational/systems differences.  It isn't like wanting an NGX and getting a Dassault Mercure instead.

Exactly, I'll still fly my AA legs with the LR but file as a 200ER on vatsim, its close enough. 

I see what ya did there....

I actually use that expression on a day-to-day basis ha. I'm not sure if it's a British thing...

I see what ya did there....

I actually use that expression on a day-to-day basis ha. I'm not sure if it's a British thing...

Oh Luke, I meant the pun for how time flies lol

• Upvote 1

-200ER. It was the common aircraft which most airlines have

I want the -200ER for sure, like the other 697 members  B)

What is Included:  The base package will include the 777-200LR and 777F airplane.  The 300 series airplanes will be included in an expansion package, similarly to what we did with the 737-600/700.  We are still reviewing how to roll the 200ER and previous models into the entire package- as they have VERY different systems, flight models, sound models and engine models in many cases and these differences need to be coded into the sim.  I'll get back to you with more information on that as we make those decisions...We might even stuff the ER into the base package if testing drags on...we'll see!)

I quoted the "What is Included" from the March previews. I really much hope that means they'll definitely make the -200ER and normal -300 with PW and RR engines.

Rob said they would make them if there is enough community interest, why not get the poll running? Do you want them to develop the B772 in the future or not?

Discuss!

Of course Yes! It's like buying a Ferrari with not steering wheel... :)

• Upvote 2

It's like buying a Ferrari with not steering wheel

That's an interesting analogy. . . though wouldn't it be more akin to buying a Ferrari without a second, older version of that Ferrari model? B)

LOL... I voted yes, but shoulda voted no if it means release delays.

spacer.png

That's an interesting analogy. . . though wouldn't it be more akin to buying a Ferrari without a second, older version of that Ferrari model? B)

Well an expansion does not work without the base pack. But a second older Ferrari will still run without the newer!

That's a yes from me too!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

I want to be like Emirates and have ALL B777 MODELS!!!!!!!!

I need the basic models for short haul and the -er/lr models for long haul.

Other than the wingtips there is no really big differences in the 777 models. Could PMDG use the -200LR model and simply clip the the wingtips to use for the -200/er model? Cost saving instead of creating a model from scratch? Isn't the real difference between them in the fde?

I want to be like Emirates and have ALL B777 MODELS!!!!!!!!

I need the basic models for short haul and the -er/lr models for long haul.

Other than the wingtips there is no really big differences in the 777 models. Could PMDG use the -200LR model and simply clip the the wingtips to use for the -200/er model? Cost saving instead of creating a model from scratch? Isn't the real difference between them in the fde?

Different engines with 3 engine manufacturers

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg