Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Personal record...

Wind Farm Gold Rush Cat I Icon

:dance: :Peace:

Using free Fraps. so only last 30 seconds. (Full version after I manage WMM Codecs, PayPal, Youtube)

Video: https://skydrive.liv...AI3dsLaqUzq6q2A

Can not get video to display here after I edit and save changes.

Please help with embeded SkyDrive videos?

Fantastic time Ramon !! Well done.

( yes, my pic is at Hilo.)

Fred.

Muaaahahaha....... :crazy:

98s

This means war !! :LMAO:

I am working on a turbo charger for that Icon.

Fred.

Great time Paul. (You're 2 full seconds faster than my aging Icon)

This means war !! :LMAO:

I am working on a turbo charger for that Icon.

Fred.

Absolutely yes, this means war. :LMAO:

In the meantime, here are my Ford Island Records.

Luis how do you get private pilot award right in the middle of a flight? Was it because you had the minimum hours?

I'm a 6'5" lawn dart, Frank! Big%20Grin.gif And believe it or not, I don't have a lot of crashes to my credit, only about 40. There are some real pros here who have hundreds of crashes in their Pilot Profile, and I am but an infant compared to them. :LMAO: I just need to try harder.

Best regards.

Luis

I'm a 6'5" lawn dart, Frank! Big%20Grin.gif And believe it or not, I don't have a lot of crashes to my credit, only about 40. There are some real pros here who have hundreds of crashes in their Pilot Profile, and I am but an infant compared to them. :LMAO: I just need to try harder.

Best regards.

Luis

Luis you can count me in that list of pros. My wife often tells me "you can flight a airliner but sometimes you can't keep that thing in the computer up in the air for too long" keep in mind that she hates anything related to aviation ..... I wonder Why lol ..

Image removed as image is no longer available.

My wife rarely comments on my flying... but the most common comment she makes is "Did you crash AGAIN...?"

Just out of curiosity...

Since I am just now beginning to fly those Activities, and feeling really bad about it... (yesterday having crashed more times that I may have ever crashed in my "life" as a simmer...) trying to get the "golden and red coins" in one of them, I wonder if you are using the "soft mode" or "full mode" in your settings regarding the flight physics ?

Also, probably because I no longer have rudder pedals but a simple saitek cyborg X, I really found it a lot easier to fly using the mouse (something I also got accustomed to in Condor Soaring sim....

There is yet another interesting aspect of playing these activities... My girlfriend stared at it and said... Well now I see there is a pourpose in that flightsim!!! I might give it a try! Looks great!!!! +1 MS FLIGHT !!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Hi Folks

jcomm -

Great to hear of others attempting these,

even better that it's stimulated your girlfriend's interest.

Crashing in simmer-life isn't bad,

just don't carry it over to your IRL flights.

All the Gold Rush challenges are achievable using the mouse,

though will be easier with a twist-action joystick, (or pedals).

Enabling Flight Control Assistance modes

will have zero benefit in the Gold Rush challenges.

Response to control inputs would become sluggish/spongy.

All my Gold Rush challenge record attempts were flown with -

- Aircraft - Icon A5, (from VC)

- Graphics Settings - All - Low

- Flight Control Assistance - All - Disabled

- Weather - Clear Skies, (except where preset by MS)

HTH

ATB

Paul

Paul,

thx for the prompt and rather informative reply :-)

Actually I am finding FLIGHT easier to control through the mouse than using my Saitek Cyborg X ...

I only need to practice.... :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Hi guys:

In my case I am using the Icon and the RV-6A, both with minimal gas (3 to 5%), graphics settings all High and Max, all Flight control assistances disabled and weather to whatever is preset, except on the Wind Farm where I use the Among the giants setting (my default). I use a Logitech Attack 3 joystick and Saitek pedals.

For anyone attempting the Gold Rush Challenges:

The trick is to keep aircraft tight turns to a minimum and catch as many stars as possible on each run, also spend as little time as possible flying to the next batch of stars. If you fly close to a star, but it’s not on the path, then leave it and catch it on a subsequent pass.

Yesterday, after seeing Paul’s time on Hilo Bay I went back and found out I could spare one tight turn by switching one path for another. That paid off and allowed me to save almost four full seconds.

Jcomm: About the crashes. You will crash often while attempting new paths, and even once you have an established route, you will crash when you try to beat your own times.

This is my latest best time on Hilo Bay. :dance:

That's excellent Ramon ! well done.

A record that will be very hard to beat. Especially with your high settings. Everything is a bit easier with lower settings. (less trees etc....)

Fred.

Back for more !! :Nerd:

Ramon, I would like to know what "routes" you are using for the challenges.

I always tend to finish the Ford Island with the Bowfin (submarine) but I notice you seem to finish at the control tower.

If I knew your routes then I will have a go at trying to beat the time.

Fred.