Sign in to follow this  
mr340

Good FPS but 2 second pauses Why?

Hi everyone i get good FPS but i get 2 second pauses some time when approaching miami or KLAX or any other state in the us. I don't get this for islands or nothing like that. I thought it had something to do with the scenery but this never had happen before. It just started a few days back i get good FPS but i get these little 2 second bumps in fsx. When i say bumps i mean like it pauses for 2 second or so an then continues while i get like 30 to 40 FPS .Does someone know how to fix this or why this happens ?

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Something is starting up the background and taking control.

Traffic at busy airports is the most likely cause.

Try turning off all traffic in FSX and test.. if that fixes it, you'll have to tone down your traffic settings

a bit to find a happy medium.

If that does not fix it, look for anything that may be running concurrently with FSX. If no other way,

use PROCMON to track what is going on..

Bert

Thanks Bert

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz

It just started a few days back i get good FPS but i get these little 2 second bumps in fsx. When i say bumps i mean like it pauses for 2 second or so an then continues while i get like 30 to 40 FPS .Does someone know how to fix this or why this happens ?

I am in no way sure of this, but it seems to me this began for me was when I installed some FSDT product, and I think it was a scenery, not sure at all though because it can sometimes be intermittent, or at least it varies. Some have blamed this on the automatic update utility and if there is something that needs updated and it isn't, these pause/hangs will occur. I can say w/ absolute certainty that I never ever had this previous to maybe the last year or so, and I see others experience it as well now. Do you have an FSDT product ware in your setup?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Hi noel no i don't have the FSDT product. The funny thing is i run payware like captain sim 767 an 757 an i don't get these bumps frams go crazy i mean crazy in a good way just going up to like 30 or 40 an in the clouds they go up even more the last point it reach was 90 FPS an then came back down to 60FPS an 70 FPS it just keeps jumping all going perfect. But with the PMDG 737ngx i get those pauses during landing an approach even with the traffic two low so i think i doesn't have to do much with the traffic or anything. I just thinking what could it be .................mmmm

Mr Leny

I am in no way sure of this, but it seems to me this began for me was when I installed some FSDT product, and I think it was a scenery, not sure at all though because it can sometimes be intermittent, or at least it varies. Some have blamed this on the automatic update utility and if there is something that needs updated and it isn't, these pause/hangs will occur. I can say w/ absolute certainty that I never ever had this previous to maybe the last year or so, and I see others experience it as well now. Do you have an FSDT product ware in your setup?

The FSDT induced stuttering is fixable by installing the latest version of their scenery manager or whatever its called

EDIT: Its called Addon Manager. The latest version can be downloaded from http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_addonmanager.html

Same as Bert, I'd assume the traffic giving you those pauses. However, try the method of excluding individual addons to find out more. So if you disable the traffic completely, do you still see the problem?

When using UT2, there was some information that e.g. the SFO area might suffer from stutters when running 100%. 95% then helped. That's just to give an example. Also check if you have some autosave feature enabled, maybe with very short intervals, leading to the pauses when the sim saves the panel state and things.

The FSDT induced stuttering is fixable by installing the latest version of their scenery manager or whatever its called

EDIT: Its called Addon Manager. The latest version can be downloaded from http://www.fsdreamte...donmanager.html

After updating the addon manager, adjust the slider for "AntiPopup". I set mine to 8 and that solved my FSDT problems with pauses and stuttering.

The guy already said he isnt using any FSDT product so installing the latest addon manager isnt going to help him very much.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator