Sign in to follow this  
MrBenevolent

Help me choose my birthday add-on!

I also had a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, and then I got the Saitek yoke, then the TrackIR. The thing is, if you don't feel like you REALLY need a yoke and you could stay with the stick until you want to replace it, go with the TrackIR. I've had it for a few months and I am VERY happy with it, it's simply amazing.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Toughie. My heart says TrackIR but if you don't have a yoke and pedals yet....I'm on the CH Products side of the fence for both. Saitek or CH, they both do the job, it's a case of which ones you like the look of. :Nerd:

Then again, as Mad Dog says, it'd be hard to use FSX without it . :unknw:

Then again, get the yoke and pedals and maybe she'll spring for TIR next year. :Whistle:

Sent from my computer using Firefox

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I can only comment on Horizon VFR as that's the only one I have. I'm very pleased with it, I think as far as photoscenery goes it's up there with the best. Treescapes is a must in my opinion and combine it with UK2000 airports as well and you get a pretty good impression of the UK.

Track-Ir 4 Pro + Track-Clip Pro bundle. I've been using those for a few year already and wouldn't be able to fly without them.

Never felt the need to upgrade to the much more expensive V5

Sent from my computer using Firefox

:biggrin:

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Track IR is really nice. Just be careful with the bad quality Track-Clip Pro that can break so easily it looks like Chinese stuff. I have to apply some superbonder to mine.

About the Yoke, don't go Saitek, it's just not up to the standards to make you feel like in control of an aircraft. You need some real stuff, so I recoomend either going PFC which I never tried but looks awesome, or getting maybe a Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick, really high quality stuff, but it's a Stick, so if you only fly aircraft with yokes it won't be the same.

Alexis Mefano

Just be careful with the bad quality Track-Clip Pro that can break so easily it looks like Chinese stuff. I have to apply some superbonder to mine.

Repaired mine with an Ikea hex wrench (no kidding) and duct tape.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Thanks all for your input!

...am definitely leaning towards Track IR still...though Word Not Allowed's review has given me extreme yoke envy, we just can't splash out that much on my hobby this year!