Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JoTayhen

REX Essential vs Active Sky 2012

However once you understand how to make it work properly it always loads weather, but as is said it does take a while.

I would respectfully disagree, at least if you're suggesting it loads the correct wx following your procedure. Believe me, I've followed just about every suggestion given here and on the REX site, and for the time being I've stopped beating my head against the proverbial wall and am following the developer's advice and am patiently (seriously!) "waiting for the service pack". Like many, my wx loads fine (and in fact, mine loads pretty rapidly compared to what I've seen reported), but what gets injected to FSX doesn't match the METAR I see in REX more often than not.

For now, I simply enjoy my REX textures and look forward to better days regarding its realtime wx capabilities following SP1.

Scott

I would respectfully disagree, at least if you're suggesting it loads the correct wx following your procedure. Believe me, I've followed just about every suggestion given here and on the REX site, and for the time being I've stopped beating my head against the proverbial wall and am following the developer's advice and am patiently (seriously!) "waiting for the service pack". Like many, my wx loads fine (and in fact, mine loads pretty rapidly compared to what I've seen reported), but what gets injected to FSX doesn't match the METAR I see in REX more often than not.

For now, I simply enjoy my REX textures and look forward to better days regarding its realtime wx capabilities following SP1.

Scott

I've commented about this previously, and emphasized I have not checked the weather generated against realtime weather for accuracy. But I can say unequivocally weather ALWAYS is injected upon flight initialization when I follow the sequence noted.

Noel

But I can say unequivocally weather ALWAYS is injected upon flight initialization when I follow the sequence noted.

Mine too.

But when I talk about the wx that's injected being wrong, I'm not talking about off by an hour, or a layer that's not quite right or that kind of stuff. In my case, except for the very occasional cases where correct wx injects (usually once, then it goes bad on subsequent injections), what gets injected is not just wrong, it's wildly wrong. Most commonly, I'll simply get clear, hazy, featureless skies and a constant pressure reading. The METAR shown on the REXE wx page will be correct and match other sources correctly, wx injects just fine and I get... bleah.

The developers seem well aware of this and have repeatedly suggested that the SP is the fix, so I don't think there's a procedure that's going to work around this reliably. If it's working for you (and it HAS worked for me and I've really liked the results - I think that's what's frustrating) I envy you.

Scott

How do i find the average wind direction, speed and air temp at cruise altitude with REX?