Sign in to follow this  
AZsoccer

ALASKA RELEASED

No new jobs, meaning it's the same chiken and pigs routine or don't you see any jobs at all?

The same old Jobs are available at Alaska airports.

And you also can't see ANY ILS feathers on the map? Did you zoom in close enough? Did you enable all that stuff for the map?

There are ILS approaches marked for appropriately-equipped airports.

I have to say though that even without all that I can't say it's underwhelming for 15 bucks... Look at the screenshots that are posted: you would have to pay 20 bucks for just one airport in other sims.

Pricing is way less than I expected. They do know their target market, however. $14.95 is about the limit for an "impulse buy" to most "casual gamers."

Can any of the early lucky players send us a description / example of the new jobs and missions?

What I mean by clock change: If you have your clock settings on the wrong ones on your PC, and it does not tally with the time on the server where payments are taken, it can clash with the MS purchasing system, where it thinks you are in the future, so it 'cannot complete the purchase at that time' and tells you to try later, because it thinks it will have caught up to that time later on, but of course since your time setting and their time setting are both advancing, it never does, so you have to sync your clock with theirs. There is a FAQ on the MS purchasing site about how to sort it out.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

And you also can't see ANY ILS feathers on the map? Did you zoom in close enough? Did you enable all that stuff for the map?

Thanks for the tip on enabling the stuff on the map. Never knew that existed. VOR's and ILSs ...Cool.... Found Anchorage and some other airports I flew to when up there, Homer and Seward. Can't wait to fly there this morning.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Maybe I was not zoomed in enough to see ILS approaches.

No new missions or new kinds of jobs or new deluxe aircraft makes it a less than a clear winner in my book. But certainly the price is right for what you do get.

Maybe I was not zoomed in enough to see ILS approaches.

No new missions or new kinds of jobs or new deluxe aircraft makes it a less than a clear winner in my book. But certainly the price is right for what you do get.

Did you enable everything in the map, I bet not?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I didn't have time to check for new Missions this morning.

But have faith. :ph34r:

The same old Jobs are available at Alaska airports.

There are ILS approaches marked for appropriately-equipped airports.

Ok, well, I don't really mind they are the same, as long as they are there... :wink: New ones would have been nice, of course, but for 15 dollars I ain't complaining! :wink:

Any idea how many ILS approaches there are? Are all that should be there actually there...? (EDIT O, sorry, you aren't home. :wink: Maybe someone else can check.) I am looking forward to downloading the approach charts and doing some new approaches!!! :smile:

Thanks for the tip on enabling the stuff on the map. Never knew that existed. VOR's and ILSs ...Cool.... Found Anchorage and some other airports I flew to when up there, Homer and Seward. Can't wait to fly there this morning.

LOL What the heck have you been doing in Hawaii all that time then...? :wink:

Ok, well, I don't really mind they are the same, as long as they are there... :wink: New ones would have been nice, of course, but for 15 dollars I ain't complaining! :wink:

Any idea how many ILS approaches there are? Are all that should be there actually there...? (EDIT O, sorry, you aren't home. :wink: Maybe someone else can check.) I am looking forward to downloading the approach charts and doing some new approaches!!! :smile:

LOL What the heck have you been doing in Hawaii all that time then...? :wink:

Looked up the frequencies on my Sectionals which I also have for Alaska.

What I mean by clock change: If you have your clock settings on the wrong ones on your PC, and it does not tally with the time on the server where payments are taken, it can clash with the MS purchasing system, where it thinks you are in the future, so it 'cannot complete the purchase at that time' and tells you to try later, because it thinks it will have caught up to that time later on, but of course since your time setting and their time setting are both advancing, it never does, so you have to sync your clock with theirs. There is a FAQ on the MS purchasing site about how to sort it out.

Al

My current time it's ok... 2.21 PM Spain

Have to change something?

Al

????? I am in MST daylight s t... That is what my clock is set to.

Here's the solution to that 'cannot complete the purchase at this time' issue, just in case you cannot find the FAQ:

Go into your Windows Control Panel, and choose Clock, Language and Region, then choose Date and Time, then select the Internet Time tab and click Change Settings, then Synchronise the server drop down menu so that it shows time.windows.com

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I literally just scrolled the map around for a minute to see the "airport density", noticed the ILS feathers on a few, clicked on a couple to glance at the Job list, then hit the runway at Unakakleet in summer to take off, checked out the town, the trees, and the ice floes, switched to winter to see the snow, then landed on the slushy runway, trying to stay right on centerline to keep out of the mess along the edges.

Then I had to go to work. :Cry:

EDIT: Suggested to my wife that I may take a sick-day and got "that look." You know that look.

I downloaded at 09:00 27 June GMT for about 40 minutes from Xbox live. I stumbled and searched for a part of that time until I figured out what the downloading software wanted me to do. Fairly effortless with no payment glitches nor other problems. I've flown for about 2 hours in the driving snow and I'm quite impressed. Thank you, Microsoft. I'm happy.

Bob @ 12:30 27 June GMT

Looked up the frequencies on my Sectionals which I also have for Alaska.

If your Hawaii sectional is current, you'll want to annotate it with the "old" IAI Kona VOR, since Flight uses outdated NAVAID data. IAI was decommissioned a couple of years ago and bulldozed last year. It's down by the old Kona Airport, a few miles south of the current Kona Airport. Check the frequency and exact location with Flight's Map.

I hope Alaska's NAVAID freqs and locations haven't changed much in the past few years, because my Alaska WACs and A/FD are all new. My Hawaii sectional is 10 years old, so it matches up perfectly with Flight's Hawaii.