Sign in to follow this  
AZsoccer

ALASKA RELEASED

I hope Alaska's NAVAID freqs and locations haven't changed much in the past few years, because my Alaska WACs and A/FD are all new. My Hawaii sectional is 10 years old, so it matches up perfectly with Flight's Hawaii.

In February 2012, Ted Stevens Anchorage INTL lost the Bruck NDB. As well, the ANC VOR-DME to the west of the airport was replaced by the TED VOR-DME that is on the east end of the airport grounds.

JuAEy.pngbLulF.png

Old on the left, new on the right.

This has changed all the Victor Airways, a number of waypoints and fixes, as well as pretty much every landing procedure in the general vicinty. At such a large airport and congested airspace, this is obviously a much bigger change then the Kona IAI to KOA swap.

If someone could check to see which NAVAIDs are in Flight that would be most appreciated.

how is the snow modelled in-air? is it realistic? Any screenies of flying through snow? :smile:

I'll turn up the daylight and add more shots if others don't do it first. Sleep can wait, I guess. Still happy.

Bob

I can't wait to take off from Lake Hood...See if it looks like the real thing.

Here is a photo when on short final at Lake Hood, the last time I was in Anchorage.

Hoodshortfinal.jpg

nice water graphics :Just Kidding: :LMAO:

Slight scare, as I saw the first signs of my system actually seeming stressed and struggling over one of the large cities. Finally figured out what was happening. Remember to defrag after downloading!!!

Also, looking at my own pictures, Flight looks awfully close to realizing that "FSX with DX10" picture that still lives on in infamy to this very day.

201262784354492.jpg

201262785559397.jpg

201262785322222.jpg

201262783039640.jpg

201262783438382.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I think video would do more justice to the snow modeling. Screenies don't do it justice. Also, often in "Mixed Weather" it turns to rain and slushy rain which appear different. I'll keep trying.

Bob

If someone could check to see which NAVAIDs are in Flight that would be most appreciated.

I see CMQ NDB 338, BOB NDB 387 and ANC VOR 114.30

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/lq7_CGBmSMHec9ZzfviKRbJJvhUvahAp7c9veo5KUkw?feat=directlink

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Robert, they're great!

As you say, I suspect video will do it more justice..I'm going to go home soon; hang the job (I'm the boss, so i can pull cheeky stunts like that) I need to go pretend I'm Jim Tweto LOL

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I see CMQ NDB 338, BOB NDB 387 and ANC VOR 114.30

Thanks jcomm. That confirms it is the old NAVAIDs. Good luck to everybody trying to find the out of date FAA publications. It's a shame they are so adamant about only selling the most current versions, but I understand they don't want real world pilots flying with outdated info.

In February 2012...

I think I can say without looking and still 99,999999999999999999999% certainty, that Flight has the old situation.

EDIT

I was a bit late, I see... :wink:

Great job on the screenshots guys! Although it kinda keeps me from actually working over here... but that's my problem Just%20Kidding.gif

I think I can say without looking and still 99,999999999999999999999% certainty, that Flight has the old situation.

The FAA is clearly trolling the Flight team. What are the odds that a major VOR swap occurs during scenery production twice in a row?

Could someone give a (rough) estimate on how many ILS-approaches there are? I am REALLY looking forward to new approaches :)

The real world Alaska approaches number approximately: 66 VOR / 53 ILS / 24 LOC / 59 NDB / 256 RNAV (GPS). So if all of the ILS & LOC made it in game, roughly 75 or so. Now if only we could get a fully functional GPS...

If someone could get a rough count of the ILS feathers on the map that would be great.

In February 2012, Ted Stevens Anchorage INTL lost the Bruck NDB. As well, the ANC VOR-DME to the west of the airport was replaced by the TED VOR-DME that is on the east end of the airport grounds.

Hmmm... Thanks for the heads-up. That's recent enough that the change may not be reflected on my chart. I bought WACs instead of sectionals, because they still have all the important terrain/airport/navaid/route info (I don't need airspace details for Flight) and I "only" had to buy seven of them. I couldn't justify the price or the space requirements of 16 sectionals just to cover Alaska in "a game." Just%20Kidding.gif

But anyway, WACs are good for a year, so mine might be old enough. I'll just have to check mine when I get home.

So there is no new planes?

WTH! the new push cub is not a plane.

The real world Alaska approaches number approximately: 66 VOR / 53 ILS / 24 LOC / 59 NDB / 256 RNAV (GPS). So if all of the ILS & LOC made it in game, roughly 75 or so. Now if only we could get a fully functional GPS...

If someone could get a rough count of the ILS feathers on the map that would be great.

Wow, those numbers would really make me a happy camper pilot. But let's wait for someone who can check the ILS-feather-count in-game.