Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

X-plane 10.10 B6 Released!

That's a good beta so far, but I actually didn't had any problems since 10.10 b2.

The Baron 58 got nice improvements and feels really good now, imo.

Seems to be very stable for me! No flickering, crazy shadows as I had with B5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I'm having some issues with artifacts showing up when HDR/Global shadows are selected but other than that......It's excellentBig%20Grin.gif

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

The betas progress nicely.

I still have some issues: (Xubuntu 12.04-64, Geforce 680)

*I used to have crashes with HDR on and shadows, now it crashes with HDR off and any level of shadow above "overlay". Bug reported.

*About the Baron 58: the flight model is said to be improved, but I still can't do a proper landing. As soon as I cut the power before touchdown, the plane falls like a brick, even if I'm a bit too fast (110kts). I tried eveything, impossible to land without at least 1/4 power left. Am I wrong with my procedure (power lever down) and is this how this aircraft is supposed to land ? Tom Kyler ?

P.S: btw: great job on the flashlight and the quickviews ! These cool details really do make a difference !!

Pascal

Re:the Baron...no it should not fall like a brick if you chop the power (a 310 will however-hence it's name "the flying brick"). Consider though that due to the engines being on the wing chopping the power ends the slipstream abruptly from the engines which are actually producing some of the lift. On a twin you should gradually reduce the power rather than cut.

On the seneca, I found with full flaps and gear down, I was always coming in with 5-10% throttle to drag it in and get a nice squeaker out of it. The arrow (single) never had to have any power and never slowed much at all, like a bat out of hell. The seneca is a much heavier aircraft and the extra throttle was a bit unnerving as if an engine quit, not only did you have async thrust, but without any thrust, you might not make the runway. Never flew a baron, but I've heard they're similar feeling aircraft.

On the seneca, I found with full flaps and gear down, I was always coming in with 5-10% throttle to drag it in and get a nice squeaker out of it. The arrow (single) never had to have any power and never slowed much at all, like a bat out of hell. The seneca is a much heavier aircraft and the extra throttle was a bit unnerving as if an engine quit, not only did you have async thrust, but without any thrust, you might not make the runway. Never flew a baron, but I've heard they're similar feeling aircraft.

I'm not always sure if we're talking real life or simulated. In my experience, for the real life Piper Arrow...........it was always a bit of power in the flare to keep the nose up. That was much different than the Warrior & Archer, which are about the same airframes, but lighter due to no retracts, smaller engine, and no constant speed prop. It's kind of the same with my RV6; either a steep descent with power off, and a flare at the precise moment........before the bottom drops out, or keep a bit of power in. Most passengers prefer the power method.

L.Adamson

Looks like B6 made the Carenado Bonanza flyable again. Yippie.

I still get very strange performance issues which I'm hoping gets tracked down. Namely solid framerates until I move cockpit switches or trim wheel which can either pause the simulator for a couple of seconds to just knocking down the frame rates into the around 1-5fps and staying there for a few seconds to minutes. Sometimes even if I look a different direction it'll go away and then come back.

Also, I'd pay even extra if the silliness of the rudder on small planes during taxi (I once had to use 50% rudder deflection to make the plane taxi straight in zero knot wind. Hmph.) and the paper-airplane like behavior of flying into any types of clouds even in calm winds or fog layers.

I haven't checked if airport lighting at night has been improved -- airport lights are nearly impossible to see due to their dimness since B5 or B4 for me.

Pascal, re: the Baron landing. I really couldn't say as I don't have any Baron time so I don't know the particulars of its handling and power settings during landing. Geofa would definitely know more than I and is a better candidate for testing. I'm still open to tweaking the flight model a bit if need be.

Tom Kyler

Laminar/IXEG

www.ixeg.net

Latest beta has ruined XP10 on my Mid 2010 i5 MacBook Pro! I know it's not an ideal machine for simming, but it did at least work before, albeit slowly. Now I can't even get 13fps at KSEA with no cloud, minimal objects and HDR off!

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Latest beta has ruined XP10 on my Mid 2010 i5 MacBook Pro! I know it's not an ideal machine for simming, but it did at least work before, albeit slowly. Now I can't even get 13fps at KSEA with no cloud, minimal objects and HDR off!

Run the updater again and uncheck "Download the latest beta".

It'll revert to the previous build.

It's looking pretty rosy with the baron. However some of the bugs fixed (avionics cooling fan) on the baron are still present on most other aircraft. I thought this may have been a fix applied universally, since the bug was introduced universally in 10.10 B1. I'm guessing it'll have to be fixed one aircraft at a time - which has implications for 3rd party aircraft developers.

Other things like quick view and mouse look won't work for track IR users, unless of course you switch off track IR altogether in the menus. I've reported this in 10.10 B5. It would be nice if I could toggle track IR on/off with a button.

It's looking pretty rosy with the baron. However some of the bugs fixed (avionics cooling fan) on the baron are still present on most other aircraft. I thought this may have been a fix applied universally, since the bug was introduced universally in 10.10 B1. I'm guessing it'll have to be fixed one aircraft at a time - which has implications for 3rd party aircraft developers.

Indeed. In the ever evolving world that is x-plane, we many times will see Austin implement a feature that he had not gotten to before...usually a refinement for the better, but requires authors to go back and comply. This is the case with the avionics fan where Austin has refined the electrical system a bit and we have to go into the aircraft and adjust some parameters. I am currently doing this for "my" aircraft, the Baron, King Air...and to a lesser extent the F4 and F22 (we're not shooting for super accuracy in these)...but then I'm tasked with going through all the aircraft and auditing them for V10 features to make sure they come up to speed. There's so much new V10 tech that a lot of the older aircraft and even some aircraft authors of those aren't around anymore..but we'll get to it and make sure things run really smooth before x-plane 10 goes "final". probably 10.20 or 10.30...and that will be the stable version that should endure for a while....while we work on V11 :)

Tom Kyler

Laminar/IXEG

www.ixeg.net

Tom,

I have seen a lot of improvement with Beta V6, however, from what you have stated, are you are close to finishing up X-Plane 10 and will be moving to X-Plane 11? Am I reading that correctly?

So I have a nymber of questions:

1) I bought X 10 because I had read that Austin would finally populate the airfields with buildings?

2) I also read there would be a conversion to 64-bit, is that 10.20?

3) So what remaining features do you all plan to add to X-10 before moving on to X-11?

4) I assume we will have to purchase X-11?

5) HDR doesn't seem to work well on my system as the frame rate drops off significantly. Are the developers still working on HDR to finalize how the "pipeline" is going to work?

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB