Sign in to follow this  
WR269

Video: Crash from inside the cockpit

Amazing video of the crash of a light plane

From website News.com.au:

http://www.news.com....v-1226446635608

IT'S every flier's nightmare.

You're in a light plane and your filming the scenery when it all goes horribly - disastrously - wrong.

The plane loses altitude, clips some trees and crashes.

This is just what happened to a group of hikers in Idaho last month.

But when their single-engine aircraft went down they kept their cameras rolling.

The result is a dramatic sequence that shows the view of the crash from inside the plane.

Incredibly, everyone onboard escaped with relatively minor injuries. The pilot was worst off, needing treatment for cuts.

The video was posted on YouTube earlier this week.

One of the air crash survivors wrote: "After flying up into the mountains for a hike in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness we were planning on flying to a small mountain town for dinner.

"Due to warming temperatures we had a hard time gaining altitude. After taking off we hit an air pocket that made us rapidly lose altitude, pushing us down into the trees.

"The cameras were left on for a couple of hours during the aftermath. Thank you to all the many individuals who eventually came to our aid and took the time and effort to help in any way they could."

ah, sorry, I tried to search to make sure but I missed it.

No worries.....Good thing his passengers walked away from that blunder. With more and more people owning those GoPro's it is crazy all the footage coming out of them.

Cheers

Matthew Kane

Well, it certainly speaks well for how well these GoPros are built! Odd though that there was not a peep from anyone. I'm certain I'd have been making some noise myself! :unsure:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well, it certainly speaks well for how well these GoPros are built!

Is that what was being used?! I have been amazed at some of the quality video posted... like this one in particular. Good price too (checking their website).

Odd though that there was not a peep from anyone.

I thought I did hear someone wimper something (one or two?). But yes... I would have expected a whole lot of "ows!" certainly would have heard me.

We got one of those GoPros but haven't used it too much yet. They are tough.

The best video we made so far with attaching it to our dog's collar and taking her to the dog park. Amazing to see the world from a dogs POV.

Cheers

Matthew Kane

The GoPro cameras are really cool... I saw a video on YouTube of a guy who filmed his entire trip from Los Angeles to some other city with his GoPro. He used the suction cup and placed it on the window of the airplane.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Amazing video of the crash of a light plane

http://www.news.com....v-1226446635608

The pilot was an ex-Nam chopper pilot, Charlie couldn't get him but a tree in Idaho did!

4 people is a lot of weight in warm thin air, wonder if he'd have dropped some take-off flap it would have given him more lift?

But I'm not a real-life flyer so what the hell do i know?