Sign in to follow this  
vadriver

disappointing !

& today is not the first "religous" nagging i've heard !!

my co-pilot has on several occassions "cussed" with mention of a "carpenter" who lived 2000 years ago.

there is no place in the secular part of the / my world for this ... & yes my favorite song & life has been to "imagine" !

i hope you at mce can correct this ... it is an international market you sell to.

for now, cheers

john martin

& today is not the first "religous" nagging i've heard !!

my co-pilot has on several occassions "cussed" with mention of a "carpenter" who lived 2000 years ago.

there is no place in the secular part of the / my world for this ... & yes my favorite song & life has been to "imagine" !

i hope you at mce can correct this ... it is an international market you sell to.

Hi John,

That is a first, and I find very strange as I've done the recording for the FO voice and trust me, there is nothing in scripts about religion or songs etc.

What voice was you using at the time?

I have also done the voice for Mechanic and my wife has done the voice for the cabin crew, so I've seen all the scripts.

I have even done the voice, for things that haven't even been released yet, so I'm really struggling with this and I'm totally bemused.

John please come back to me ASAP

many Thanks

Clive

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

John, what was the phrase you heard?? I know he says Gosh, but i have not heard nor seen any religious connotations at any time?

Also, need more info to see if i can recreate this. What voice were you playing? What aircraft?? What was the situation you faced to effect this response? I have to say i am baffled, i have never heard anything in the slightest bit religious, other than some exclamations that come out of my own mouth when performing instrument approaches!!

Also, need more info to see if i can recreate this. What voice were you playing? What aircraft?? What was the situation you faced to effect this response? I have to say i am baffled, i have never heard anything in the slightest bit religious, other than some exclamations that come out of my own mouth when performing instrument approaches!!

Yep, I want to recreate this also

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Voice0 =ScanSoft Karen_Full_22kHz,0,0,1,0

for now, cheers

john martin

Hold on, just in case there's some classic miscommunication going on. I think John is saying that the copilot says "*******" as an exclamation.

Given some religious sensibilities, it could even be "jeez", which most of us wouldn't even think of as a contraction of "*******", any more than we'd think of "bloody" as a contraction of "By Our Lady"

Disclaimer: I express no opinion on whether the words "*******" or "jeez" are appropriate in the product, or whether they should be censored, just want to make sure both sides are communicating clearly.

Dr V

Given some religious sensibilities, it could even be "jeez", which most of us wouldn't even think of as a contraction of "*******", any more than we'd think of "bloody" as a contraction of "By Our Lady"

Good post. I'm using that 'geez/jeez' in the same manner, having nothing religious on my plan.

Geez

Describing a big expression. Such as pain or joy.

"geez that hurts"

In another sense.

"geez that's a big ship" meaning "wow, that's a big ship", expression of a (big) surprise.

However, same as you, I'd didn't see my FO using anything like that.

Hold on, just in case there's some classic miscommunication going on. I think John is saying that the copilot says "*******" as an exclamation.

Disclaimer: I express no opinion on whether the words "*******" or "jeez" are appropriate in the product, or whether they should be censored, just want to make sure both sides are communicating clearly.

Dr V

spot on Dr V

i'm more flustered by the need for any "cussing" and / or nagging in the cockpit (disabling is not working for me) .... both don't seem to be real world !!

& if i bang my finger with a hammer, i would use "f..... that hurts".

for now, cheers

john martin

Quite funny, but I just found it. It doesn't bother me too much the context it's given in - because it only happens if I kill the mechanic :)

Since I've just ran over the poor guy, it's probably warranted to exclaim anything :)

But if you want to find it, that's where it's said "JC" etc.

ps What's the best way to relieve the mechanic from his duties?

I'm trying to do it now with "Ground from cockpit" then "Relieve the mechanic", but it's not working... although I think it's because he's dead

ps What's the best way to relieve the mechanic from his duties?

I'm trying to do it now with "Ground from cockpit" then "Relieve the mechanic", but it's not working... although I think it's because he's dead

Lol. Wake up the dead man!

'Mechanic you can disconnect now' should do it if my mind doesn't trick me. That's when he's still alive. ^_^

John, what was the phrase you heard?? I know he says Gosh, but i have not heard nor seen any religious connotations at any time?

yesterday, my new pnf trav (sacked karen) retorted "*******, i find that offensive" when i coughed into an open mic.

it still seems un-necessary / non real to me ... if only mce could stop the nagging !!

for now, cheers

john martin

In the mce.ini

set :

DisableNagging=1

this will stop the FO form 'nagging' forever

Also try :

NoBadLanguage=1 ^_^

Hope this helps

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

In the mce.ini

set :

DisableNagging=1

this will stop the FO form 'nagging' forever

Also try :

NoBadLanguage=1 ^_^

Hope this helps

have always set the above to no avail ... may be it's my interpretation of what is / isn't nagging.

i note i have 2 ini files, one in the mce program folder, the other in my app data ... but both are identical except for date modified.

for now, cheers

john martin